U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-21-2011, 01:40 PM
 
Location: Ohio
15,184 posts, read 13,471,679 times
Reputation: 20629

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
This post tells me that you clearly aren't a parent. If you were, you would know that a parent would do anything to protect their children at any cost. And if you are a parent, don't try and say what you would or wouldn't do because you have never been in that place in your life.



It may not be "directly" contributing to Casey A's wealth but it is indirectly. It's keeping the story alive and keeping the interest of people on this this fiasco. If people really wanted to make her life rough, they would quit talking about it at all. If the media and publishers saw that there were no interest, they wouldn't even consider sinking alot of money into a deal with her.




What you people seem to be missing is the fact that the total income was just a little over $3000. You call that a salary? Now, if they were making millions or even hundreds of thousands I could see your point, but let's examine the facts.
I am not missing the fact that the income was only $3000. What I am saying is that these people just set up these charities for their sole benefit......with little of the money, if any, actually going to a cause.

All of these types of little charities that pop up when a death gets any small measure of publicity.......are usually nothing more then self-serving entities.

A disgrace, IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-21-2011, 04:50 PM
 
28,206 posts, read 20,794,913 times
Reputation: 16599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I am not missing the fact that the income was only $3000. What I am saying is that these people just set up these charities for their sole benefit......with little of the money, if any, actually going to a cause.

All of these types of little charities that pop up when a death gets any small measure of publicity.......are usually nothing more then self-serving entities.

A disgrace, IMO.
Proof of these statements please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2011, 05:09 PM
 
Location: Ohio
15,184 posts, read 13,471,679 times
Reputation: 20629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Proof of these statements please.
I don't have to prove anything. If you think sending donations to all of these little pop up charities is actually going to make a difference.....feel free to send them your money.

The Anthony charity balance sheet shows that all of the donated money went to pay salaries. You are free to send them money.....I will abstain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2011, 10:25 PM
 
Location: Ohio
13,900 posts, read 10,808,453 times
Reputation: 7242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I am not missing the fact that the income was only $3000. What I am saying is that these people just set up these charities for their sole benefit......with little of the money, if any, actually going to a cause.

All of these types of little charities that pop up when a death gets any small measure of publicity.......are usually nothing more then self-serving entities.

A disgrace, IMO.
I dont doubt that you are right about most of this. However, I DO doubt that they are specificly set up for their sole benefit. They most likely have good intentions when they start them and hey, this IS America after all. Anyone can start any charity they want to. Like you said, if you dont like them, don't contribute to them. I hope the Anthony's charity becomes a success and they are able to conribute alot of money to their cause. That however, remains to be seen.

If they do become a success and the Anthony's are still taking 80% of the proceeds, then I will come back here with a different attitude about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2011, 12:05 AM
 
Location: 39 20' 59"N / 75 30' 53"W
16,085 posts, read 23,946,204 times
Reputation: 17992
From the linked article:

Sources who would speak only if they could remain anonymous, said Anthony reps settled for this deal, because they were fearful there may not be any other offers.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2011, 12:09 AM
 
13,060 posts, read 15,433,007 times
Reputation: 15325
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERCHIC View Post
Really lol
I know if i am not intersted in something even if its flashing I just ignore it.
I followed the Casey Anthony case from the very beginning over three years ago when her daughter was first missing, when people still believed that the "nanny" had taken her. I didn't say I wasn't interested in the case. I said I wouldn't buy her book because everything else she has said is a lie, so why read more lies?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2011, 05:46 AM
 
28,206 posts, read 20,794,913 times
Reputation: 16599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I don't have to prove anything. If you think sending donations to all of these little pop up charities is actually going to make a difference.....feel free to send them your money.

The Anthony charity balance sheet shows that all of the donated money went to pay salaries. You are free to send them money.....I will abstain.
LOL I enjoy when people make fantastic statements yet refuse to show proof of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2011, 10:41 AM
 
Location: Nassau, Long Island, NY
16,408 posts, read 28,943,038 times
Reputation: 7273
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post

So what is wrong with using the media to get the word out to the entire country about your missing child/grandchild??

If anyone ever goes missing in your family, you be sure and stay away from the cameras ok?



Well let's see, when you are going through what they were at the time, and you have the utter sewage of society outside screaming insults at you, emotions are bound to run wild and tempers will inevitably flare.

Walk a mile in their shoes. You have no clue what you would do in that situation because you have never been in it, and hopefuly, you never will.



While it is true that they took 80% { not every penny thank you very much }of the funds for themselves as " administrative costs" a fact that you seem to be ignorant of { perhaps willful ignorance } is that their total funds were just a little over $3000. But yeah, their getting veeeeeeery rich aren't they???? GET REAL!!!!!! I believe CarolinaWomen posted the exact numbers. When you only show half the facts you can make anything look bad. And guess what? They have to be able to eat and pay bills as well. When something like that happens to a person, it takes away any motivation or even will to live let alone working.

Now, if they dont get jobs now, then maybe you will have a point and be able to make a case, until then, get your facts straight.



So what's wrong with that? you do not yet know what they will use that money for now do you? That remains to be seen and as long as they use most of it for the cause, there is nothing wrong with it. Would you be so critical of the founder of another charity if they had donated to another?
So why don't you send them a big, fat check every month then?

They won't be getting anything from ME and millions of other smart people.

PS: Where do you get the idea that they are going to get jobs? Cindy has already gone on SSDI because she "can't work" anymore because of the stress of her granddaughter dying. Not sure about the husband, but he wasn't known for working anyway and let Cindy pull all the freight for years when she had a job and he did not work.

Last edited by I_Love_LI_but; 08-22-2011 at 11:00 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2011, 10:43 AM
 
Location: Nassau, Long Island, NY
16,408 posts, read 28,943,038 times
Reputation: 7273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Well you know what? I don't blame them one bit. Their granddaughter was missing, their daughter was in jail, they were in the media spotlight, they were angry, vulnerable and scared. Then you have these yahoos parading out front of their house with horrible signs, shouting nasty, nasty things...

I'd probably lose my temper too.
Lose your temper? Yes I could see that.

But would you BEHAVE like the Anthonys did?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2011, 10:44 AM
 
Location: Nassau, Long Island, NY
16,408 posts, read 28,943,038 times
Reputation: 7273
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERCHIC View Post
i am reading on here that they already did and milled that foundation out of all its funds for themselves.

I agree if a foundation is set up to help others its a great idea but, from what i am reading it seems like the Anthonys want to draw a income from it and not showing signs that they plan on helping others.
Great post! +5!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top