U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 10:45 AM

16,408 posts, read 28,880,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
The Anthonys aren't any different. I am willing to bet most of the charities/fundraisers, started by loved ones, have balance sheets that read much like the Anthony's......but, unlike the Anthonys, they are never called on it.

The solution.....just don't give them any of your money.
That's my solution!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2011, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post
Is the name of the book If I Did It?
Yes. See: If I Did It - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 08-22-2011, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
I think they are different because Cindy lied under oath to protect her daughter that was accused of murdering the grandchild they are setting up the foundation for.
I am still in shock that a person can lie under oath and get away with it even though it was proven in court that they lied. Everytime a child is murdered by a parent, there is a grandparent involved. What if every grandparent got up there and lied? Should they all get to slide because they are trying to protect their child? Then afterwards set up a foundation asking for money to help victims? To me lying under oath, no matter what the circumstance, shows me the person who did it is not trustworthy. Especially with another persons hard earned money.
When I donate to help people it is to St Judes or World Vision because I trust them. I do NOT trust Cindy Anthony, no matter what she went through.
She put her hand on the bible and LIED under oath!
The other parents that started a foundation did not lie at the trial that was suppose to bring out the truth of what really happened to find out who was guilty or innocent of the death of their loved one.
Great post! Wish I could rep you!

Old 08-22-2011, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I have an issue with these types of charities.

When you have every Tom, Dick and Harry that lost a loved one opening charities/foundations......just how effective are they?

Effective enough to raise just enough money to pay the founder's salary.....and that is all. How convenient. The balance sheet of the Anthony's charity bears this out.

An example, my mother died of cancer.....should I start my own little charity to fight cancer? How much money would it make? Just enough to pay my "salary"......see what I mean?

I find these types of charities rather obnoxious and self-serving.....a mockery of "real" charities.
No because you'd rather work for a living and pull your own weight instead of siphon off money from the real cancer charities. I wish I could rep you again!

Old 08-22-2011, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
This post tells me that you clearly aren't a parent. If you were, you would know that a parent would do anything to protect their children at any cost. And if you are a parent, don't try and say what you would or wouldn't do because you have never been in that place in your life.
There have been plenty of parents that have done the right thing and turned in their criminal offspring rather than try and help them get away with their crimes. I respect parents like that, not liars.

Old 08-22-2011, 10:55 AM

15,159 posts, read 13,418,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
LOL I enjoy when people make fantastic statements yet refuse to show proof of it.
If you think I am going to spend hours of my time researching the balance sheets of thousands of tiny, rinky dink "charities" to prove a point to you, a NOBODY in my life......I can see why you would be foolish enough to send the Anthonys and people like them money. As they say.....one is born every minute.

There is nothing "fantastic" about my statements......unless common sense eludes you.

Now, you are free to do some research on your own to prove my beliefs are wrong if it is so important to you......have at it.

Old 08-22-2011, 11:30 AM

16,085 posts, read 23,879,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
LOL I enjoy when people make fantastic statements yet refuse to show proof of it.
Wouldn't you want to investigate and know for sure before you blindly send charities money?

Old 08-22-2011, 02:04 PM

13,900 posts, read 10,780,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
So why don't you send them a big, fat check every month then?
No thanks. I only donate to reputable, well-established charities. The whole point is that this IS America, and if I or even you want to start a charity, we can and there is nothing wrong with that. If it's their intent to take all the money for themselves and not help the cause, then their charity will not last long. I'm not going to judge them before they even start though.

Quote:
Not sure about the husband, but he wasn't known for working anyway and let Cindy pull all the freight for years when she had a job and he did not work.
Where did you get this idea? In 2008, when Caylee went missing, Cindy was working at some type of health care facility and GEORGE was working as a security gaurd, not to mention that he probly gets a pretty nice pension from his time working in law enforcement { not sure on that one though }

The problem is that people like you are not only interested in justice, you want BLOOD!!! Now that you didn't get it, you will pick apart every little aspect of everyone invlved's lives and find a way to condemn them.
Quote:
Lose your temper? Yes I could see that.

But would you BEHAVE like the Anthonys did?
To be honest with you I felt that the Anthony's showed exemplary behavior and restraint in that little clip you posted. It's a wonder nobody was hurt and if I were in the same situation, I don'tknow that I would have been able to control myself as well.

Quote:
There have been plenty of parents that have done the right thing and turned in their criminal offspring rather than try and help them get away with their crimes. I respect parents like that, not liars.
Well, what you seem to fail to realise is that in the beginning, they likely didn't believe that their own daughter could have done such a terrible thing. Would you want to believe that the daughter you raised, cared and loved could be a murderous, thieving liar? It's called denial

And let's not forget that Casey A. was facing the DEATH penalty. I don't care who you are, as a parent, no matter what they have done, you would never help to put your child to death. { well...... unless your Casey Anthony that is. }

Did it ever cross you mind that maybe the parents weren't trying to "get her off murder" but maybe just trying to put enough doubt in the jurors minds as to opt for life in prison instead of the DP, or are you too entranced in your blood-thirst to consider such tawdry possibilities?

Old 08-22-2011, 02:25 PM

Quote:
No thanks. I only donate to reputable, well-established charities. The whole point is that this IS America, and if I or even you want to start a charity, we can and there is nothing wrong with that. If it's their intent to take all the money for themselves and not help the cause, then their charity will not last long. I'm not going to judge them before they even start though.
Sounds like you don't find them too reputable as "charity runners" either!

Quote:
Where did you get this idea? In 2008, when Caylee went missing, Cindy was working at some type of health care facility and GEORGE was working as a security gaurd, not to mention that he probly gets a pretty nice pension from his time working in law enforcement { not sure on that one though }
She's not working anymore. George did not work in law enforcement long enough to qualify for much of a pension (if any pension at all).

From here:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/20508156-post52.html

It also looks like this poster has info that George is on the SSDI dole:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/20508139-post51.html

Quote:
The problem is that people like you are not only interested in justice, you want BLOOD!!! Now that you didn't get it, you will pick apart every little aspect of everyone invlved's lives and find a way to condemn them.
What kind of "blood" am I going to get out of the Anthonys? Cindy isn't even getting prosecuted for perjury! Don't be so dramatic.

Quote:
To be honest with you I felt that the Anthony's showed exemplary behavior and restraint in that little clip you posted. It's a wonder nobody was hurt and if I were in the same situation, I don'tknow that I would have been able to control myself as well.
There are plenty more videos on YouTube of them going just plain bonkers. That was by no means an isolated incident.

Would you really have gone outside and joined the fracas, making it worse and also attracting the media vultures like Nancy Grace? If it weren't for their crazy actions with the protesters, this case might have not gotten so much publicity and notoriety.

Quote:
Well, what you seem to fail to realise is that in the beginning, they likely didn't believe that their own daughter could have done such a terrible thing. Would you want to believe that the daughter you raised, cared and loved could be a murderous, thieving liar? It's called denial
Cindy's testimony did not take place "at the beginning" but at the very end. Plus if you will find somewhere to replay her 911 call, you will see that the words she strung together did NOT sound confident her daughter did no wrongdoing. The 911 call sounded the opposite. Cindy wanted Casey arrested. Doesn't seem like she failed to realize her daughter was a thief and liar.

Quote:
And let's not forget that Casey A. was facing the DEATH penalty. I don't care who you are, as a parent, no matter what they have done, you would never help to put your child to death. { well...... unless your Casey Anthony that is. }

Did it ever cross you mind that maybe the parents weren't trying to "get her off murder" but maybe just trying to put enough doubt in the jurors minds as to opt for life in prison instead of the DP, or are you too entranced in your blood-thirst to consider such tawdry possibilities?
Yes, that did cross my mind, but we will never know the truth, will we?

You can stick up for them (Anthony parents) for the rest of your life. So what? I think they will let you down time and time again and will not be able to live up to your idealized version of them because they are, in fact, NOT "nice" or "good" people. Just because they are "parents" doesn't mean either has a heart of gold. If anything, we learned that from their daughter and the millions of others out there that neglect and abuse and even murder their children. Parenthood does not equal automatic sainthood. I understand you wishing it did because I wish it did too so children would not have to suffer at the hands of their parents.

Old 08-22-2011, 02:28 PM

9,911 posts, read 9,299,531 times
Quote:
I stop by our local Goodwill Store to check out their book selections ... 99 cents for paperbacks and $1.39 for hard cover ... there is always several of OJ's book ... "If I Did It" available.

The same thing will happen to any book Casey Anthony, Jose Baez, Cindy Anthony or George writes ... a very few will buy the book and then their books will just fall through the cracks like OJ's.

Those people wouldn't tell the truth if it walked up to them and bit them on their nose.

I would like a true and honest answer to exactly what happened to Caylee Marie Anthony. This still breaks my heart and that is where my anger comes from. Only Casey, Cindy and George know what happened to that beautiful little child and we will never know how her life ended.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or