U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-22-2011, 02:33 PM
 
Location: 39 20' 59"N / 75 30' 53"W
16,085 posts, read 23,883,960 times
Reputation: 17982

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post

Where did you get this idea? In 2008, when Caylee went missing, Cindy was working at some type of health care facility and GEORGE was working as a security guard

George was not working when Caylee went missing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-22-2011, 02:37 PM
 
Location: Nassau, Long Island, NY
16,408 posts, read 28,883,580 times
Reputation: 7268
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
I stop by our local Goodwill Store to check out their book selections ... 99 cents for paperbacks and $1.39 for hard cover ... there is always several of OJ's book ... "If I Did It" available.

The same thing will happen to any book Casey Anthony, Jose Baez, Cindy Anthony or George writes ... a very few will buy the book and then their books will just fall through the cracks like OJ's.

Those people wouldn't tell the truth if it walked up to them and bit them on their nose.

I would like a true and honest answer to exactly what happened to Caylee Marie Anthony. This still breaks my heart and that is where my anger comes from. Only Casey, Cindy and George know what happened to that beautiful little child and we will never know how her life ended.
I think it's only Casey who knows, not the parents, nor any of Casey's friends. If you watch the jailhouse parent visit tapes they do seem clueless and are trying to drag info out of Casey, and also if you take into account the hysterical, rage-aholic, outburst-prone dispositions of the parents, I think they would have "broke" under questioning. People who are mentally unbalanced enough to behave in the way they did on the "fighting with protesters" videos are easy for the cops to crack because they don't have any self-control.

Casey is a very, very smart cookie because she knows loose lips sink ships and she kept the details of Caylee's demise all to herself. Most criminals are too stupid to do this and tell somebody and "swear them to secrecy."

Meanwhile, if you cannot keep your own (horrific) secret, how can you expect another person to do it?

But in this case Casey was smarter than the average criminal by far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2011, 04:06 PM
 
Location: 39 20' 59"N / 75 30' 53"W
16,085 posts, read 23,883,960 times
Reputation: 17982
I'd read a book authored by Dorothy Clay Simms from the defense. Casey or any of the Anthony family, no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2011, 04:13 PM
 
28,206 posts, read 20,734,845 times
Reputation: 16599
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Lose your temper? Yes I could see that.

But would you BEHAVE like the Anthonys did?
In the film you posted? Quite possibly, yes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2011, 04:16 PM
 
28,206 posts, read 20,734,845 times
Reputation: 16599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
If you think I am going to spend hours of my time researching the balance sheets of thousands of tiny, rinky dink "charities" to prove a point to you, a NOBODY in my life......I can see why you would be foolish enough to send the Anthonys and people like them money. As they say.....one is born every minute.

There is nothing "fantastic" about my statements......unless common sense eludes you.

Now, you are free to do some research on your own to prove my beliefs are wrong if it is so important to you......have at it.
I am not sending anyone money first of all.

Secondly, it's not completely out of the realm of reasonable expectation for a person to back their statements up on message boards.

I get that you don't wish to do so, I am the type of person that doesn't pull things out of the clear blue sky and state them as fact. I prefer...actual facts.

Good day, ma'am.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2011, 04:20 PM
 
Location: Nassau, Long Island, NY
16,408 posts, read 28,883,580 times
Reputation: 7268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
In the film you posted? Quite possibly, yes.
I can see one meltdown, but would you do it over and over again? (As evidenced by many other videos posted of the Anthonys fighting with protesters.)

Frankly, I think they did themselves a real disservice by going outside and waging war with the psychos protesting. The psychos would have went away a lot faster. I am sure receiving attention from the Anthonys drove the psychos to come by more often and for longer durations. I also think media vultures like Nancy Grace would not have zeroed in with such focus on this case if not for the attention-grabbing antics of Casey's parents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2011, 04:40 PM
 
3,173 posts, read 3,075,159 times
Reputation: 3699
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
This post tells me that you clearly aren't a parent. If you were, you would know that a parent would do anything to protect their children at any cost. And if you are a parent, don't try and say what you would or wouldn't do because you have never been in that place in your life.



It may not be "directly" contributing to Casey A's wealth but it is indirectly. It's keeping the story alive and keeping the interest of people on this this fiasco. If people really wanted to make her life rough, they would quit talking about it at all. If the media and publishers saw that there were no interest, they wouldn't even consider sinking alot of money into a deal with her.




What you people seem to be missing is the fact that the total income was just a little over $3000. You call that a salary? Now, if they were making millions or even hundreds of thousands I could see your point, but let's examine the facts.
Oh me, my children wouldn't murder or throw my grandchildren away in a black garbage bag by the side of the road.
I wouldn't have to lie under oath.
This post kind of makes me sorry for whats being raised out there and who is raising them.
Wow..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2011, 04:50 PM
 
Location: Nassau, Long Island, NY
16,408 posts, read 28,883,580 times
Reputation: 7268
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Oh me, my children wouldn't murder or throw my grandchildren away in a black garbage bag by the side of the road.
I wouldn't have to lie under oath.
This post kind of makes me sorry for whats being raised out there and who is raising them.
Wow
..
Let's hope there's a bright side! Maybe the person doesn't really mean it and wrote something like that because they just like to disagree with me and anyone else who isn't "pro-Anthonys" ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2011, 07:12 PM
 
28,206 posts, read 20,734,845 times
Reputation: 16599
No one knows what they would do in such a position as the Anthonys (George and Cindy) were in. If you think you do, you are lying to yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2011, 08:00 PM
 
Location: Ohio
13,900 posts, read 10,781,939 times
Reputation: 7242
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Sounds like you don't find them too reputable as "charity runners" either!
No, it's not that I dont find them reputable. I think that remains to be seen. As I said, time will surely tell and if they are shady with charity funds, the funds will not continue to come in after awhile.


Quote:
What kind of "blood" am I going to get out of the Anthonys? Cindy isn't even getting prosecuted for perjury! Don't be so dramatic.
And I don't think she should be either. If they would prosecute her, it would only be vindictive and spiteful. This women has went through enough. LET THIS THING DIE ALREADY!!! Besides, anyone who had a brain could see right through that testimony for what it really was. I highly doubt that that affected the juries decision. Personaly, I don't think parents, of all people, should be called to testify. They all have a bias.

Quote:
Would you really have gone outside and joined the fracas, making it worse and also attracting the media vultures like Nancy Grace?

If it weren't for their crazy actions with the protesters, this case might have not gotten so much publicity and notoriety.
Nancy Grace was involved anyway. She covered it from the first day or two of Caylee's disappearance. You cant blame that on them.

Quote:
Cindy's testimony did not take place "at the beginning" but at the very end. Plus if you will find somewhere to replay her 911 call, you will see that the words she strung together did NOT sound confident her daughter did no wrongdoing. The 911 call sounded the opposite. Cindy wanted Casey arrested. Doesn't seem like she failed to realize her daughter was a thief and liar.

There are plenty more videos on YouTube of them going just plain bonkers. That was by no means an isolated incident.

There are plenty more videos on YouTube of them going just plain bonkers. That was by no means an isolated incident.
You can't tell me anything I don't already know about this case. I followed it from the beginning. I have heard the 911 calls and seen the videos several times.
Quote:
Yes, that did cross my mind, but we will never know the truth, will we?

You can stick up for them (Anthony parents) for the rest of your life. So what? I think they will let you down time and time again and will not be able to live up to your idealized version of them because they are, in fact, NOT "nice" or "good" people. Just because they are "parents" doesn't mean either has a heart of gold. If anything, we learned that from their daughter and the millions of others out there that neglect and abuse and even murder their children. Parenthood does not equal automatic sainthood. I understand you wishing it did because I wish it did too so children would not have to suffer at the hands of their parents.
Well, it all comes down to this. I'm not going to judge them for anything they have done in the wake of this fiasco. I have no idea what they must have went through, or how they managed to sleep at night, or what must have gone through their heads every moment of the day. I feel sorry for them in the fact that they had to experience something that nobody should have to. Are they good people? I don't know. Time will tell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top