U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 05:40 PM

16,085 posts, read 23,879,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post

Do you really believe the prosecution would have been as assertive as they were about the fact of him being at work if they hadn't had records to prove it?
You mean as assertive and persistant as they were about someone in the house googling chloroform 84x. I don't remember the prosecution coming forward to admit the mistake either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2011, 05:42 PM

13,900 posts, read 10,780,216 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
You are so sticking up for them. They deserve "leeway?" In what way?
Well, if your daughter killed you grandaughter combined with everything else that was going on, do you think you would always act in a rational way?

Quote:
All I see them doing is trying to avoid working for a living to make a buck off their dead granddaughter.
Well, if that's true, than I agree with you. What, do you expect them to be out job hunting the day after their childs murder trial? Time will tell. And no, I agree they shouldn't be on SSDI.

Quote:
there's no way for the "records" to prove it "beyond a reasonable doubt" (another one of our favorite lines on here).
Huh? You muxt be mistaking me with someone else because I have NEVER used that line on here, particularly not with YOU. Talking out our *** are we?

Ive also never argued that their wasnt enough evidence " beyond a reasonable doubt " if that's what you getting at. I wanted to see that needle in her arm as much as anyone.

Old 08-23-2011, 05:48 PM

16,408 posts, read 28,880,032 times
[quote=WhipperSnapper 88;20580465]
Quote:

Well, if your daughter killed you grandaughter combined with everything else that was going on, do you think you would always act in a rational way?

Well, if that's true, than I agree with you. What, do you expect them to be out job hunting the day after their childs murder trial? Time will tell. And no, I agree they shouldn't be on SSDI.

Huh? You muxt be mistaking me with someone else because I have NEVER used that line on here, particularly not with YOU. Talking out our *** are we?

Ive also never argued that their wasnt enough evidence " beyond a reasonable doubt " if that's what you getting at. I wanted to see that needle in her arm as much as anyone.
I don't mean you personally, I mean in general. It is something we've (collective CD True Crime posters) have argued about back and forth a lot.

PS: I wasn't even hoping for the death penalty for Casey; just SOMETHING and we got NOTHING except the obvious (lies to the cops).

Old 08-23-2011, 05:55 PM

[quote=WhipperSnapper 88;20580465]
Quote:

We don't know that Caylee was murdered. George is a loose cannon who put his own father thru a plate glass window in his fits of anger. Perhaps trying to keep his stories all straight affected his rational.

Old 08-23-2011, 06:07 PM

Quote:

I don't mean you personally, I mean in general. It is something we've (collective CD True Crime posters) have argued about back and forth a lot.
Well please don't generalize me. If you look at all my posts you'll see that That I think Casey A. should have been convicted

Quote:
PS: I wasn't even hoping for the death penalty for Casey; just SOMETHING and we got NOTHING except the obvious (lies to the cops).
I share your frustrations on this front. Sadly, justice will never be done for that lil girl, not on this world anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
We don't know that Caylee was murdered. George is a loose cannon who put his own father thru a plate glass window in his fits of anger. Perhaps trying to keep his stories all straight affected his rational.
I could go into a whole big thing on this but you know what, believe what you want. It doesn't matter anyway.

Something sinister happened to that little girl, she WAS murdered, and most of the country, if not the world agrees.

Old 08-23-2011, 06:15 PM

2,520 posts, read 5,358,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
I think they are different because Cindy lied under oath to protect her daughter that was accused of murdering the grandchild they are setting up the foundation for.
I am still in shock that a person can lie under oath and get away with it even though it was proven in court that they lied. Everytime a child is murdered by a parent, there is a grandparent involved. What if every grandparent got up there and lied? Should they all get to slide because they are trying to protect their child? Then afterwards set up a foundation asking for money to help victims? To me lying under oath, no matter what the circumstance, shows me the person who did it is not trustworthy. Especially with another persons hard earned money.
When I donate to help people it is to St Judes or World Vision because I trust them. I do NOT trust Cindy Anthony, no matter what she went through.
She put her hand on the bible and LIED under oath!
The other parents that started a foundation did not lie at the trial that was suppose to bring out the truth of what really happened to find out who was guilty or innocent of the death of their loved one.
Best post I've read!

Quote:
I think it's only Casey who knows, not the parents, nor any of Casey's friends. If you watch the jailhouse parent visit tapes they do seem clueless and are trying to drag info out of Casey, and also if you take into account the hysterical, rage-aholic, outburst-prone dispositions of the parents, I think they would have "broke" under questioning. People who are mentally unbalanced enough to behave in the way they did on the "fighting with protesters" videos are easy for the cops to crack because they don't have any self-control.

Casey is a very, very smart cookie because she knows loose lips sink ships and she kept the details of Caylee's demise all to herself. Most criminals are too stupid to do this and tell somebody and "swear them to secrecy."

Meanwhile, if you cannot keep your own (horrific) secret, how can you expect another person to do it?

But in this case Casey was smarter than the average criminal by far.
I wouldn't pay one dime for anthing this liar has to say. No one will ever know what happened to Caylee except for Casey. If only George or Cindy had answered one of the many phone calls from Casey that 16th day of June. That's when something happend, that's when Casey tried to cover up, whether it be accident or murder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I am not sending anyone money first of all.

Secondly, it's not completely out of the realm of reasonable expectation for a person to back their statements up on message boards.

I get that you don't wish to do so, I am the type of person that doesn't pull things out of the clear blue sky and state them as fact. I prefer...actual facts.

Good day, ma'am.
In defense of Annie, asking for a link after there are 1000's of pages from this trial is a bit much. If you'd been following this case, you'd know what Annie says is true. Shame on George and Cindy for trying to make a profit off their dead grandchild.

Quote:

I was at least hoping for a juror w/ a higher education than grade school to at least convict her on negligence. The trial opened w/ her saying her child drowned. What part of negligence did they not understand?

Old 08-23-2011, 06:54 PM

28,206 posts, read 20,731,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I am not missing the fact that the income was only $3000. What I am saying is that these people just set up these charities for their sole benefit......with little of the money, if any, actually going to a cause.

All of these types of little charities that pop up when a death gets any small measure of publicity.......are usually nothing more then self-serving entities.

A disgrace, IMO.
@kahskye: I was referring to this^^^ when I asked for proof of her fantastic statements.

Old 08-24-2011, 07:47 PM

Quote:

I could go into a whole big thing on this but you know what, believe what you want. It doesn't matter anyway.

Something sinister happened to that little girl, she WAS murdered, and most of the country, if not the world agrees.
I don't believe Caylee was murdered, but what I think really doesn't matter. If you want to blame anyone for the fact that no justice was served on at least two major counts look to the prosecutions lack of any amount of forensic evidence to prove the case.

We all know they're liars, it doesn't prove murder and as a juror, I'd want to see a straight line of forensic evidence.

Old 08-25-2011, 11:04 AM

16,408 posts, read 28,880,032 times
Quote:
I don't believe Caylee was murdered, but what I think really doesn't matter. If you want to blame anyone for the fact that no justice was served on at least two major counts look to the prosecutions lack of any amount of forensic evidence to prove the case.

We all know they're liars, it doesn't prove murder and as a juror, I'd want to see a straight line of forensic evidence.
Unfortunately, in many cases there isn't much forensic evidence and there is not much the prosecution can do about it. This is just one of thousands that didn't have enough because the killer hid the body so well it wasn't found until it was skeletal.

Life is not a CSI episode where there is always some neat scientific magic trick the technicians can pull out of their hats. Jurors have to deal with that more often than not when deciding cases. I think all those TV shows put an unfair perception out there about what real law enforcement is like.

Old 08-25-2011, 12:38 PM

Quote:

If the only cases that got convictions were the ones with every dot connected, there would be very few. Like I_Love_LI_but said, life isn't an episode of CSI where an investigation is done, the bad guy admits to everything in the last fifteen minutes, and lo and behold justice is served in less than an hour.

If only......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or