U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 11:55 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,307,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post

How is he an ambulance chasing lawyer? He's a criminal defense lawyer not a personal injury atty.

You are apparently looking as his brand spanking new website ... his old website during the trial is gone with the verdict of not guilty $$$$$ ... on the old site he handled personal injury too ... anything.

I will praise the justice system becausse it's the best in the world. As I have said before, the justice system doesn't always work, either for the innocent, or for the guilty, but it's the best we got.
You are right I certainly would not want to be on trial in Mexico or like Joran van der Sloot facing a murder trial in Peru.

But justice was not served in the Casey Anthony trial ... not saying our justice is wrong or bad ... just saying this one fell through the cracks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2011, 05:17 PM

13,900 posts, read 10,791,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
The grandparents need to step out of the spotlight and stop trying to gain fame and money off their dead grandchild.
What are you talking about? I havn't seen them in the "spotlight" ever. Infact, I seen them talking to the local news media in their hometown at the memorial service held on caylee's birthday but thats it! And even that was only for a few seconds.

And how do you figure they are trying to make money off her death? What money have they made exactly? I hear they will be appearing on the Dr. Phill show { which I am looking forward to } and they told the producers to give the money for that interview to a charity for lost and missing children!

I fear you have been misinformed.

Quote:
Grieve privately like normal people do who experience tragedies.
That is difficult to do when you have lych mobs, rioters, and news media outside on your lawn constantly.

Quote:
Is everybody who experiences tragedy behaving like the Anthonys? NO
What about their behavior do you find suspicious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
You are apparently looking as his brand spanking new website ... his old website during the trial is gone with the verdict of not guilty $$$$$ ... on the old site he handled personal injury too ... anything.
Jose Baez has his own law firm. I don't know how familiar you are with the legal world but most firms have several lawyers that work in them. So, while The Baez Law Firm may have lawyers that specialize in personal injury, that doesn't mean Baez is an "ambulance-chasing" lawyer. More often then not a lawyer has just one specialty, and criminal law is Jose Baez's

Also, he didn't "chase" her down. If I remember correctly, another prisoner referred her to Jose Baez.
Quote:
But justice was not served in the Casey Anthony trial ... not saying our justice is wrong or bad ... just saying this one fell through the cracks.

As so many others do every day in this country. The only diference between those and this one is that they don't get the media attention that the Casey Anthony Case got and we don't know about those. This is nothing new.

Old 08-18-2011, 05:31 PM

25,885 posts, read 39,178,572 times
One thing I know is that not publicity is good publicity and in Baez and Mason case it might work against them in the future...on top of that are they so busy to get a deal that in the end it might not be e deal they hope for and based on all the hours and cost they had to make it might not be much.

Perhaps sooner than later Baez will be in the public records for not being able to pay all the bills and being sued for them....that will not be the first case it happens to.

Some lawyers might sue him and win and get a large judgment against him....to be honest, he might have done a brilliant job getting her off and walk free, but to me he was lucky with a bad jury and although I will never end up in the chair next to him for some negative thing....even if that would happen I would not have him ad my lawyer...!

Old 08-18-2011, 06:00 PM

1,228 posts, read 1,575,628 times
sure lifetime is getting ready to produce a movie about her. They love shtye like this

Old 08-18-2011, 10:21 PM

Baez's home was in foreclosure in July 2010. After Casey was declared indigent I don't know what the taxpayers of Florida paid him.

Jose Baez May Lose $670K Kissimmee Home - News Story - WFTV Orlando

Old 08-19-2011, 10:55 AM

16,408 posts, read 28,904,713 times
Quote:
What are you talking about? I havn't seen them in the "spotlight" ever. Infact, I seen them talking to the local news media in their hometown at the memorial service held on caylee's birthday but thats it! And even that was only for a few seconds.
Their bizarre, camera-hogging behavior from the very beginning, before Caylee's body was even being found, is what caused and attracted the circus atmosphere surrounding this case and attracted media vultures like Nancy Grace. When Caylee was first missing, protesters would march in front of their house with signs and what did George and Cindy do? Run right outside to physically and verbally spar with them! Yes, get into pushing and shoving matches and spew obscenities at people. They couldn't resist the attention. Anyone normal would not have come outside to join the fracas and make it worse.

Quote:
And how do you figure they are trying to make money off her death? What money have they made exactly? I hear they will be appearing on the Dr. Phill show { which I am looking forward to } and they told the producers to give the money for that interview to a charity for lost and missing children!

They already had a charity for Caylee and spent every penny they received on themselves ("administrative costs"). Now they started a new "non-profit corporation" and plan to be officers of it and give themselves official salaries out of it because "nobody will hire them and they can't get jobs" or some other such nonsense.

As for your beloved Dr. Phil appearance, YES, they are going to make money off it. What you neglected to write (or what you are ignorant of) is that the charity they are asking him to contribute to is THEIRS. As per PEOPLE magazine:

George Anthony, Cindy Anthony Will Appear on The Dr. Phil Show : People.com

Quote:
Since Casey Anthony was acquitted, media outlets have been clamoring to score the first interview with the Anthonys. Dr. Phil explains that the interview is being done in return for a donation to Caylee's Fund, the Anthonys' charity.

Old 08-19-2011, 01:06 PM

28,206 posts, read 20,755,376 times
I don't know. If my child or grandchild was missing, I'd turn to the media for help locating them. I don't know many people who would not.

Old 08-19-2011, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post

They already had a charity for Caylee and spent every penny they received on themselves ("administrative costs"). Now they started a new "non-profit corporation" and plan to be officers of it and give themselves official salaries out of it because "nobody will hire them and they can't get jobs" or some other such nonsense.

As for your beloved Dr. Phil appearance, YES, they are going to make money off it. What you neglected to write (or what you are ignorant of) is that the charity they are asking him to contribute to is THEIRS. As per PEOPLE magazine:

George Anthony, Cindy Anthony Will Appear on The Dr. Phil Show : People.com
According to the IRS 80% of the Caylee Marie Anthony Foundation, Inc went to "Administrative Expenses." Caylee Marie Anthony Foundation is listed on the IRS as a Non-Profit Foundation. Cindy & George are officers of this Foundation.

Caylee Marie Anthony Foundation, Inc., Orlando, FL

Registration Number :CH29385 Expiration Date : 4/23/2011

Revenue Source : DCS Statement of Support/Revenue (12/31/2009)

Total Revenue : $2,580.72 Program Services Expenses : $630.25 20%

Total Expenses : $3,107.49 Administrative Expenses : $2,477.24 80%

Surplus/Deficit : -$526.77 Fund-Raising Expenses : $.00 0%

The new money grubbing venture, Caylees Fund is being incorporated as a Not-For-Profit Corporation. They also decided to maintain the Caylee Marie Anthony Foundation too. I assume, just in case money shows up there too. One has to cover all financial bases!

http://www.sunbiz.org/pdf/40154214.pdf (broken link)

Old 08-19-2011, 01:43 PM

16,408 posts, read 28,904,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I don't know. If my child or grandchild was missing, I'd turn to the media for help locating them. I don't know many people who would not.
There is NO NEED to help locate Caylee now.

Thus there is NO NEED for the Anthonys to be in the media now.

When they thought Caylee was missing (or, for those who believed Baez, were pretending the drowned Caylee was missing), of course they turned to the media for help. Unfortunately, due to their own combative personalities, they ended up as the main event in a sideshow of freaks.

Just look at one of many videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQHi-...eature=related

Old 08-19-2011, 03:24 PM

1,228 posts, read 1,575,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post

It's not a choice. Once the Amber Alert strikes then the Media take it upon themselves to become apart of the hunt not so much to help but more like to get the breaking story of when the child is found dead or alive first. Called Ratings.

IF you think about it Media can be a good thing the more people know the more people are looking or want to help volunteer to help you find your child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or