Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2011, 05:12 PM

1,228 posts, read 1,926,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
They're INSANE!

All the more reason NOT to go outside and make spectacles of yourselves engaging in fights with them like the Anthonys did.

they are worse then the Anthonys they should get a life and stop stalking these people. Better yet they should be arrested and do CA's time for a crime she wasfound not guilty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2011, 07:13 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,883,842 times
[quote]
Quote:
Their bizarre, camera-hogging behavior from the very beginning, before Caylee's body was even being found, is what caused and attracted the circus atmosphere surrounding this case and attracted media vultures like Nancy Grace.
So what is wrong with using the media to get the word out to the entire country about your missing child/grandchild??

If anyone ever goes missing in your family, you be sure and stay away from the cameras ok?

Quote:
When Caylee was first missing, protesters would march in front of their house with signs and what did George and Cindy do? Run right outside to physically and verbally spar with them! Yes, get into pushing and shoving matches and spew obscenities at people. They couldn't resist the attention. Anyone normal would not have come outside to join the fracas and make it worse.
Well let's see, when you are going through what they were at the time, and you have the utter sewage of society outside screaming insults at you, emotions are bound to run wild and tempers will inevitably flare.

Walk a mile in their shoes. You have no clue what you would do in that situation because you have never been in it, and hopefuly, you never will.

Quote:
I fear you have been misinformed.

They already had a charity for Caylee and spent every penny they received on themselves ("administrative costs"). Now they started a new "non-profit corporation" and plan to be officers of it and give themselves official salaries out of it because "nobody will hire them and they can't get jobs" or some other such nonsense.
While it is true that they took 80% { not every penny thank you very much }of the funds for themselves as " administrative costs" a fact that you seem to be ignorant of { perhaps willful ignorance } is that their total funds were just a little over $3000. But yeah, their getting veeeeeeery rich aren't they???? GET REAL!!!!!! I believe CarolinaWomen posted the exact numbers. When you only show half the facts you can make anything look bad. And guess what? They have to be able to eat and pay bills as well. When something like that happens to a person, it takes away any motivation or even will to live let alone working.

Now, if they dont get jobs now, then maybe you will have a point and be able to make a case, until then, get your facts straight.

Quote:
As for your beloved Dr. Phil appearance, YES, they are going to make money off it. What you neglected to write (or what you are ignorant of) is that the charity they are asking him to contribute to is THEIRS. As per PEOPLE magazine:
So what's wrong with that? you do not yet know what they will use that money for now do you? That remains to be seen and as long as they use most of it for the cause, there is nothing wrong with it. Would you be so critical of the founder of another charity if they had donated to another?

Old 08-19-2011, 08:47 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,273,790 times
Quote:
They're INSANE!

All the more reason NOT to go outside and make spectacles of yourselves engaging in fights with them like the Anthonys did.
Well you know what? I don't blame them one bit. Their granddaughter was missing, their daughter was in jail, they were in the media spotlight, they were angry, vulnerable and scared. Then you have these yahoos parading out front of their house with horrible signs, shouting nasty, nasty things...

I'd probably lose my temper too.

Old 08-19-2011, 08:49 PM

I know people who have started charities/fundraisers in honor of their loved ones who died from abuse, cancer, drunk driving etc. How are the Anthonys any different?

Old 08-20-2011, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I know people who have started charities/fundraisers in honor of their loved ones who died from abuse, cancer, drunk driving etc. How are the Anthonys any different?
i am reading on here that they already did and milled that foundation out of all its funds for themselves.

I agree if a foundation is set up to help others its a great idea but, from what i am reading it seems like the Anthonys want to draw a income from it and not showing signs that they plan on helping others.

Old 08-20-2011, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERCHIC View Post
i am reading on here that they already did and milled that foundation out of all its funds for themselves.

I agree if a foundation is set up to help others its a great idea but, from what i am reading it seems like the Anthonys want to draw a income from it and not showing signs that they plan on helping others.
I see nothing wrong with drawing an income from a charity that one runs. People need an income and running a charity is a full time job.

However, if they are not doing anything worthwhile, I see the issues with that.

Old 08-20-2011, 08:29 AM

15,701 posts, read 17,028,055 times
Quote:
The Anthonys aren't any different. I am willing to bet most of the charities/fundraisers, started by loved ones, have balance sheets that read much like the Anthony's......but, unlike the Anthonys, they are never called on it.

The solution.....just don't give them any of your money.

Old 08-20-2011, 09:13 AM

Quote:
I see nothing wrong with drawing an income from a charity that one runs. People need an income and running a charity is a full time job.

However, if they are not doing anything worthwhile, I see the issues with that.
I agee but they ALREADY milked the first foundation they started and non of the money went to charitble things it went to themselves.

A honest charity like Paul Newmans will give more away and pocket less then 5 percent.

Old 08-20-2011, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
The Anthonys aren't any different. I am willing to bet most of the charities/fundraisers, started by loved ones, have balance sheets that read much like the Anthony's......but, unlike the Anthonys, they are never called on it.

The solution.....just don't give them any of your money.
because there is no compliance with charities but there is a website that tells you what LEGAL charity that is registered how they use their funds and what percentage does go to helping others etc .http://www.charitynavigator.org/

Old 08-20-2011, 11:33 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,226,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERCHIC View Post
Have you really? why are you on here posting and reading this thread? Just asking!
Probably because it flashed on my screen on the Live Forum Preview, so I clicked on it. I certainly didn't come in search of more lies from Casey Anthony.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime