Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 10:08 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,402,817 times

Advertisements

So what? I can't believe it is a crime to sell your child. I mean if you are willing to sell and someone else is willing to buy...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2011, 06:17 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
A disproportionate amount of people who attend FUNDAMENTALIST CHRISTIAN CHURCHES do seem to be involved in criminal activity - especially crimes involving child neglect, abuse and murder.

Will provide a list if you want.

Old 09-15-2011, 12:58 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I think Phil's point was that this kind of stuff happens everywhere, not just in FL.

As for the Al Gore bit, please, reserve it for the Political thread. I don't come to "True Crime" to listen to someone's political bent.

Also, Ted Bundy was in WA state before FL. Green River Killer was in WA state. That whole Tylenol scare with someone tampering with the pills in the store, that was WA state.

See? We could do this anywhere.
Please, yes it can happen anywhere but not with the frequency of FL.

FL leads the nation in deadly hit and runs and in prescription drug overdoses.

FL is a magnet for lowlifes.

FL is constantly on 48 Hours, Dateline, and 20/20 with stories involving murder, teen murders, and missing children.

Old 09-15-2011, 01:03 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I am telling you....WHAT is WITH those people from FLORIDA? Every time I pick up the paper, and hear about some weird crime, it is from FLORIDA...
1. Casey Anthony...Orlando
2. Hayliegh Cummings...FL
3. Jessica Lunsford...FL
4. Adam Walsh...FL
5. Ted Bundy...FL

There are more...but really, those were just off the top of my head...what the heck? Is there something in the water down there? Anna Nicole Smith, died in FL...so much weird stuff happens there, really, out of proportion with the rest of the US...
Exactly. But to clarify it is not so much the ones from FL as the ones who MOVE TO FL.

Only 2 of the cases you listed, Jessica Lunsford and Haleigh Cummings involved FL natives.

The heat and humidity attracts a lot of lowlifes.

Old 09-18-2011, 03:36 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♪♫♪♪♫♫♪♥ View Post
Ever notice how the most dangerous, aggressive, wildest, venomous and seemingly craziest creatures live in hot climates like tropical rain forests and deserts and such? These overheated locales are some of the most inhospitable and dangerous on the planet. Call this a gut instinct, but there's just something about intense heat that makes DNA go haywire. With few exceptions, ecosystems just seem to evolve that way.

As for Florida and it's intense levels of heat (no rain forests or deserts, but hot nonetheless)...yea um, just saying. F--- that state.
Actually, I agree with this. I remember, when I lived in Seattle, I would notice that when the weather was cooler or was a little crazy, (rainy, windy, whatever), people were a LOT nicer. When it got warm? Twits! Twits everywhere!

And my experience in FL was Miami...holy carp what a bunch of freaks and jerks! Hardly a nice person to be found down there. Now, I'm up here in Maine where it's cooler almost all year round and downright cold in the winter. And what are the people? Darn near the nicest I've ever met. (Not 100% but pretty close.)

Old 09-18-2011, 03:37 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Please, yes it can happen anywhere but not with the frequency of FL.

FL leads the nation in deadly hit and runs and in prescription drug overdoses.

FL is a magnet for lowlifes.

FL is constantly on 48 Hours, Dateline, and 20/20 with stories involving murder, teen murders, and missing children.
You just enjoy arguing with me don't you? Your very next post reaches the same damn conclusion as what I said...it's NOT just people from FL.

Old 09-18-2011, 05:28 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Big deal. Men and women have children everyday, all over the world, to sell them into pedophile rings. Women have children to give away to pedophile's. This is NOTHING new, fancy, or even newsworthy.
Its sex slavery and falls under "Human Trafficking".

You don't think it newsworthy because its nothing new?

Would your name be Warren?

Old 09-19-2011, 07:50 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,280,851 times
So what? I can't believe it is a crime to sell your child. I mean if you are willing to sell and someone else is willing to buy...

You can not be serious.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 09-23-2011, 11:10 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,762,019 times
Albert DeSalvo and his sister were sold for a while, too, for beer money for their dad. Their mom couldn't track them down for weeks. We all know what a fine citizen Al grew up to be.

Old 11-14-2011, 01:25 AM

711 posts, read 1,498,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♪♫♪♪♫♫♪♥ View Post
Ever notice how the most dangerous, aggressive, wildest, venomous and seemingly craziest creatures live in hot climates like tropical rain forests and deserts and such? These overheated locales are some of the most inhospitable and dangerous on the planet. Call this a gut instinct, but there's just something about intense heat that makes DNA go haywire. With few exceptions, ecosystems just seem to evolve that way.

As for Florida and it's intense levels of heat (no rain forests or deserts, but hot nonetheless)...yea um, just saying. F--- that state.
The hot weather is where poor people can be more comfortable when it gets cold...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime