U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 11:19 AM

28,206 posts, read 20,769,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post

I take care of little children everyday, my grandchildren.
There is no way to help a child that is being abused, they have parents and those parents have "rights".
I wouldn't want to be this jury if Casey Anthony kills the next one.
I will not "get over" the fact that she got away with this and there is not one person who has the "right" to tell me or anybody else "to get over it".
It is a mind your own business situation, I can get over or not get over anything I want to.
Of course there are ways to help abused children! Foster parenting, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, Boys and Girls Club, volunteer to be a court appointed special advocate, volunteer at a shelter for abused women and children, etc

You are wasting your precious energy and time on something that will never, ever change. Channel it into action and help the kids that can still be helped!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2011, 12:27 PM

13,900 posts, read 10,798,309 times
Quote:

I take care of little children everyday, my grandchildren.
There is no way to help a child that is being abused, they have parents and those parents have "rights".
I wouldn't want to be this jury if Casey Anthony kills the next one.
I will not "get over" the fact that she got away with this and there is not one person who has the "right" to tell me or anybody else "to get over it".
It is a mind your own business situation, I can get over or not get over anything I want to.
Hey, do what you want. Spend the rest of your life fretting over it if you want, but it wont do any good. AND, it's not that we dont care about Caylee, or about what happened to her, but there is nothing that can be done now, so the best thing to do is to just move on.

Old 08-31-2011, 04:25 PM

3,173 posts, read 3,079,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Of course there are ways to help abused children! Foster parenting, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, Boys and Girls Club, volunteer to be a court appointed special advocate, volunteer at a shelter for abused women and children, etc

You are wasting your precious energy and time on something that will never, ever change. Channel it into action and help the kids that can still be helped!!
My precious energy is spent 48 hours a week taking care of an 11 month old that just started walking, a 5 year old that I get ready, take and pick up from school everyday, take to activities, play with constantly and happens to have a birthday on August 9th the same as Caylee's.
Also their 2 1/2 month old puppy that I am training and housebreaking. Also waitress on Sat nights. I don't have time or energy to take in Foster children because I am 66 years old and have raised my children.
You will have to do it.
What I CAN do, is to never forget the little girl and I am NOT going to.
My grandaughter is 5, Caylee should have been 6 years old, going to school, socker, dancing lessons, swimming lessons, having sleepovers and playing with Barbie dolls.
I hope her mother enjoys college.

Old 08-31-2011, 04:34 PM

3,173 posts, read 3,079,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Hey, do what you want. Spend the rest of your life fretting over it if you want, but it wont do any good. AND, it's not that we dont care about Caylee, or about what happened to her, but there is nothing that can be done now, so the best thing to do is to just move on.
Then honor her memory because I will.

Old 08-31-2011, 05:04 PM

13,900 posts, read 10,798,309 times
Quote:
Then honor her memory because I will.
I have no dispute with that.

Old 08-31-2011, 07:45 PM

28,206 posts, read 20,769,597 times
Quote:
My precious energy is spent 48 hours a week taking care of an 11 month old that just started walking, a 5 year old that I get ready, take and pick up from school everyday, take to activities, play with constantly and happens to have a birthday on August 9th the same as Caylee's.
Also their 2 1/2 month old puppy that I am training and housebreaking. Also waitress on Sat nights. I don't have time or energy to take in Foster children because I am 66 years old and have raised my children.
You will have to do it.
What I CAN do, is to never forget the little girl and I am NOT going to.
My grandaughter is 5, Caylee should have been 6 years old, going to school, socker, dancing lessons, swimming lessons, having sleepovers and playing with Barbie dolls.
I hope her mother enjoys college.
Ok. We will have to leave it at that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime