U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 09:03 PM

4,907 posts, read 6,122,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
I'll put an end to this nonsense right now.

Here's the deal, we now have a juror on record with what happened. If this juror's action was misconduct as you suggest, it will be investigated, so here's your chance to put your money where your mouth is.

My proposal is simple. If after X amount of days an investigation has not been launched, you make a financial contribution to a charity of my choice. If an investigation is launched, I make a contribution to the charity of your choice.

I'm flexible on the timeframe and amount of donation.
If they aren't going to bring charges against Cindy Anthony for blatant perjury, they aren't going to investigate this problem re a juror.....get real....

eta: sorry, didn't see the next following post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2011, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
snipped.....
Judging from the crazy things that people do in Florida and get away with, I can see where he got this idea ...
They don't get away with a whole lot. It is noted for punishment of criminals. Bundy indicated he wished he had never come to Florida.....between Florida and Texas, it is not usually good states to commit a crime in...they do not hesitate to fire up old Sparky.

Just curious, other than this trial, what are some of the things people in Florida get away with ? I am sincerely curious what you could tell me......

Old 08-24-2011, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Juries, the ultimate in a socialized society, twelve random people, picked to decide the fate of another, in our society. The dynamics of the entire jury deliberations would have been absolutely riveting...forget about reality tv...this would have been the ultimate in reality tv...too bad there are no cameras in the jury room. If there were, would the outcome have been different? It would have been fascinating to study, and watch the entire social dynamics...especially of this trial....
The most riviting movie I have ever seen was the original movie (not the remake) Twelve Angry Men. That movie has colored alot of my emotions about jurors, both good and bad. An excellent movie and should be seen by most people who may be called upon to serve on a jury.

eta: along with another movie along the same lines, the dated but excellent The Oxbow Incident.

Old 08-25-2011, 04:17 AM

9,535 posts, read 4,874,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Yes, except here is the rub: They weren't given the change to convict of manslaughter. The DA, because of all of the blood lust by YOU, the general public, went for straight murder.

Had the DA tried her for manslaughter, they MAY have gotten a conviction, based upon the EVIDENCE. The simple fact is, the DA could not PROVE how the kid died; which sunk their case. How do you prove premeditated murder, without knowing how the person died? YOU CAN'T.
Phil, let's play catch up. Manslaughter WAS one of the charges. Looks like The DA ignored OUR, the general public, blood lust.

It's not necessary to PROVE how [suffocation, drowning, beating] a person dies to convict of murder.

Old 08-25-2011, 10:48 AM

12,310 posts, read 18,425,337 times
Quote:
. How do you prove premeditated murder, without knowing how the person died? YOU CAN'T.

Sure you can, it happens all the time. Example - the Peterson trial. No body, no medically conclusive cause of death, no problem....usually. Just have to have good circumstantial evidence and a jury that can think.

Old 08-25-2011, 10:53 AM

16,408 posts, read 28,909,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
They don't get away with a whole lot. It is noted for punishment of criminals. Bundy indicated he wished he had never come to Florida.....between Florida and Texas, it is not usually good states to commit a crime in...they do not hesitate to fire up old Sparky.

Just curious, other than this trial, what are some of the things people in Florida get away with ? I am sincerely curious what you could tell me......
Now that I think about what I've written, I can say that I was speaking with my emotions (some people on here will be glad to see me write it LOL) and people in FL probably don't GET AWAY WITH more crime. There just seems to be a lot of crime going on there that is unusual in some way which attracts more national and international news coverage. Like in FL you may get as many home invasions as anywhere else, yet in FL (Pensacola) you will get one where the victims slaughtered (Billings couple who adopted 13 special needs kids) are practically saints who are the last people to deserve such a fate. Or you will get a twist on the typical "parent kills kids" with boys who kill their own father (King brothers). Or you will get deadly transients like Bundy.

Old 08-25-2011, 12:02 PM

43,858 posts, read 44,622,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Now that I think about what I've written, I can say that I was speaking with my emotions (some people on here will be glad to see me write it LOL) and people in FL probably don't GET AWAY WITH more crime. There just seems to be a lot of crime going on there that is unusual in some way which attracts more national and international news coverage. Like in FL you may get as many home invasions as anywhere else, yet in FL (Pensacola) you will get one where the victims slaughtered (Billings couple who adopted 13 special needs kids) are practically saints who are the last people to deserve such a fate. Or you will get a twist on the typical "parent kills kids" with boys who kill their own father (King brothers). Or you will get deadly transients like Bundy.
I KNOW....huh? We are like the Hollywood of the crime world.

Old 08-25-2011, 12:29 PM

13,900 posts, read 10,792,844 times
Quote:
Yes, except here is the rub: They weren't given the change to convict of manslaughter. The DA, because of all of the blood lust by YOU, the general public, went for straight murder.

Had the DA tried her for manslaughter, they MAY have gotten a conviction, based upon the EVIDENCE. The simple fact is, the DA could not PROVE how the kid died; which sunk their case. How do you prove premeditated murder, without knowing how the person died? YOU CAN'T.

Phil, have you any Idea what you are talking about or do you just get off on getting on message boards and pretending that you do. Manslaughter was on the docket, along with 1st degree murder AND second degree murder. The jury came back with "not guilty" on ALL major counts.

Maybe you should get your facts straight berore you go flapp'n those jaws of yours you think?

Old 08-25-2011, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Sure you can, it happens all the time. Example - the Peterson trial. No body, no medically conclusive cause of death, no problem....usually. Just have to have good circumstantial evidence and a jury that can think.
Exactly. If I had the time, I could tell you of several such instances. Too much pretrial info out there. As was said, an incompetent, stupid jury....I lay this fiasco right at the jurys door. I look forward to the day they reveal the jurors names, not that I am going to send hate mail or wield an ax or anything......

Old 08-25-2011, 08:07 PM

14,505 posts, read 23,786,134 times
Quote:
I'm sure glad everyone on here knows better then the juror's who sat through the trial. You should all be proud you know it all and could convict someone, without proof. And, like it or not, the proof, beyond a reasonable doubt, wasn't there.
Why,... were you one of them? lol.

People deliberate longer on what car to buy than that jury did on whether poor Caylee was murdered.

They proved that sequestered juries need to be vetted, as criminal defense atty Beth Karas suggested. An intelligence test would have helped also, and maybe getting people on the jury who didnt drop out of high school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime