U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-01-2011, 05:22 PM
 
Location: Ohio
13,900 posts, read 10,808,453 times
Reputation: 7242

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post

Have your laugh. This reaks of hypocrisy.
How so exactly???? Show your work! Don't go running off pouting now that Ive showed you where you are wrong.

 
Old 09-02-2011, 09:25 AM
 
9,545 posts, read 4,886,255 times
Reputation: 3882
[quote=WhipperSnapper 88;20706660]
Quote:


[snip]
Oh thats right. You mean the testimony of that women with a questionable background who SOLD her story to a sleezy tabloid? Yeah, shes telling the truth, no question. FYI, her testimony changed from deposition to deposition as well. I guess that doesn't hurt HER credibility in your eyes though does it? Only When George does it. [snip].
When George was asked about the text message to the lady--- "Just thinking about you. I need you in my life." ... he answered that it was not intended to be flirtatious and was sent because he needed all the volunteers in his life.

Selling her story was greedy, his answer was goofy, and I think damaged his credibility with jurors.
 
Old 09-02-2011, 12:02 PM
 
Location: Ohio
13,900 posts, read 10,808,453 times
Reputation: 7242
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
When George was asked about the text message to the lady--- "Just thinking about you. I need you in my life." ... he answered that it was not intended to be flirtatious and was sent because he needed all the volunteers in his life.

Selling her story was greedy, his answer was goofy, and I think damaged his credibility with jurors.
Oh don't get me wrong, I agree that he probly lied abt the affair but like I said, so what? If he had an affair, it means just that, that he had an affair. It doesn't mean she is telling the truth about what she said about the whole "accident that snow-balled out of control. e personaly, I think he did say something along those lines but it was taken out of context.
 
Old 09-03-2011, 02:38 AM
 
Location: Ohio
15,183 posts, read 13,468,257 times
Reputation: 20614
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Oh don't get me wrong, I agree that he probly lied abt the affair but like I said, so what? If he had an affair, it means just that, that he had an affair. It doesn't mean she is telling the truth about what she said about the whole "accident that snow-balled out of control. e personaly, I think he did say something along those lines but it was taken out of context.
This is exactly how I feel about it too. His testimony about the affair did not taint the rest of his testimony, IMO. It had nothing to do with Caylee's death.

Saying that it "was an accident that snow balled out of control".....what else would he think?

Would he want to think his daughter deliberately killed Caylee?

NO!

I am sure he and Cindy both tell themselves that it had to be an accident, whether Caylee drowned while Casey, herself, was supposed to be watching her, whether Casey accidently oversdosed her, whether Casey left her in a hot car too long.

I think most parents out there would choose to believe it had to be an accident if they found themselves in George and Cindy's situation.

I found nothing odd or strange about that statement at all.
 
Old 09-03-2011, 04:05 AM
 
Location: The Triangle
4,465 posts, read 3,471,127 times
Reputation: 13452
I couldn't care less about George or Cindy Anthony and wish their 15 minutes of fame would hurry up and end. I have no interest in hearing what they have to say and wouldn't believe it anyway.

Now Jeff Ashton's book........I probably will read.
 
Old 09-03-2011, 05:52 AM
 
9,545 posts, read 4,886,255 times
Reputation: 3882
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Oh don't get me wrong, I agree that he probly lied abt the affair but like I said, so what? If he had an affair, it means just that, that he had an affair. It doesn't mean she is telling the truth about what she said about the whole "accident that snow-balled out of control. e personaly, I think he did say something along those lines but it was taken out of context.
Because George became such a central figure in the trial, I think his credibility was a factor for jurors. I agree his affair was irrelevant to how Caylee died, and nobody is surprised a spouse would deny an affair. Lying under oath as a witness, however, casts doubt on his other testimony and maybe made him appear as a dishonest person, who'd lie about other things. Things that are a lot worse than having an affair.
 
Old 09-03-2011, 12:48 PM
 
Location: Ohio
13,900 posts, read 10,808,453 times
Reputation: 7242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
This is exactly how I feel about it too. His testimony about the affair did not taint the rest of his testimony, IMO. It had nothing to do with Caylee's death.

Saying that it "was an accident that snow balled out of control".....what else would he think?

Would he want to think his daughter deliberately killed Caylee?

NO!

I am sure he and Cindy both tell themselves that it had to be an accident, whether Caylee drowned while Casey, herself, was supposed to be watching her, whether Casey accidently oversdosed her, whether Casey left her in a hot car too long.

I think most parents out there would choose to believe it had to be an accident if they found themselves in George and Cindy's situation.

I found nothing odd or strange about that statement at all.
You nailed it. These are my thoughts exactly. He was likely thinking about the whole situation and was saying to himself, "it had to be an accident, it just had to be"


Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Because George became such a central figure in the trial, I think his credibility was a factor for jurors. I agree his affair was irrelevant to how Caylee died, and nobody is surprised a spouse would deny an affair. Lying under oath as a witness, however, casts doubt on his other testimony and maybe made him appear as a dishonest person, who'd lie about other things. Things that are a lot worse than having an affair.

i.e. Baez's distraction worked.
 
Old 09-03-2011, 02:18 PM
 
Location: Ohio
15,183 posts, read 13,468,257 times
Reputation: 20614
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
You nailed it. These are my thoughts exactly. He was likely thinking about the whole situation and was saying to himself, "it had to be an accident, it just had to be"





i.e. Baez's distraction worked.
BINGO! Their whole strategy was to vilify George and use him to take the heat off of Casey herself......and it worked.

George didn't watch Caylee so she drowned.

George molested Casey.

George had an affair....then lied about it.

George buried their dogs in plastic bags.

George owned a roll of duct tape.

George gets snarky when Baez deliberately provokes him.

 
Old 09-03-2011, 02:23 PM
 
8,759 posts, read 10,877,322 times
Reputation: 12812
They're going on Dr. Phil in hope of getting rid of their demons. But, I think they'll be following them around for a long time. The whole family appears nuts basically.
 
Old 09-03-2011, 07:02 PM
 
Location: Ohio
13,900 posts, read 10,808,453 times
Reputation: 7242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix lady View Post
They're going on Dr. Phil in hope of getting rid of their demons. But, I think they'll be following them around for a long time. The whole family appears nuts basically.
Well I think any family would be nuts if they had to go through what THEY did.

People make a big to do about how disfunctional this family is, but what they fail to realize is that Casey is at the core of it and is what was causing it to begin with. Her actions aren't the product of her families disfunction as the defense would have you believe, no, rather the disfunction is a product of HER actions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top