U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-13-2011, 05:44 PM
 
9,912 posts, read 9,306,443 times
Reputation: 8053

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
PART ONE---MY THOUGHTS.......

I really dont have a whole lot to say about it. Everything was much run-of-the-mill stuff that we knew already. Cindy of course, made excuses at to why her daughter did this or that as expected. She put three theories out there. Grand mal seizures, postpartum schizophrenia, and a brain tumor, none of which could be verified through various medical scans.

George? He seemed pretty upfront and honest in my opinion. He doesn't seem nearly as in denial as Cindy. He didn't try making any excuses for casey. Something that surprised me was that they didn't touch on the sexual molestation. I suppose they will get to that tomorrow.
OK ... did Cindy do the ummmmm like she did when she testified in court when questioned? LOL

 
Old 09-13-2011, 06:43 PM
 
Location: Ohio
13,900 posts, read 10,788,054 times
Reputation: 7242
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
OK ... did Cindy do the ummmmm like she did when she testified in court when questioned? LOL
ummmm.......I dont know. LOL

Seriously though, I didn't read you post until after I had watched it. I'll listen for that tomorrow and let you know.
 
Old 09-13-2011, 07:00 PM
 
9,912 posts, read 9,306,443 times
Reputation: 8053
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
ummmm.......I dont know. LOL

Seriously though, I didn't read you post until after I had watched it. I'll listen for that tomorrow and let you know.
Even Lee did the ummmmm thing when he testified.
 
Old 09-13-2011, 07:39 PM
 
Location: Old Town Alexandria
14,505 posts, read 23,781,794 times
Reputation: 8838
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Does everyone have their waders on ... you need more than boots ... and of course a shovel.

Can you say ... BRAIN TUMOR .... we started with George molesting her ... then we moved on to seizures ... now Cindy has come up with a brain tumor for Casey Anthony.

Watch this video ... Cindy says!!

Dr. Phil: Anthony's mom suggests brain tumor CNN Press Room - CNN.com Blogs

This program will be more lies on top of lies ... I do better understand one thing ... all of Casey's imaginary friends and the lies ... she got it honestly from momma.
Hm brain tumor seems to be their thing- didnt whatsher/Krystal whatever name- girl who knew George claim to have one too-

If Cindy wants empathy its too late. i dont hate her but her daughter is clearly an insane sociopath. Im sort of disgusted with the story at this point.
 
Old 09-13-2011, 10:11 PM
 
1,422 posts, read 4,635,901 times
Reputation: 1912
I watched it...no surprises. Very little content. Like most TV shows these days, it's mostly teasers, lead ins, "coming up next" clips, and repeating stuff over and over in fragments. Just like American Idol. This is part of the dumbing down of America. I wish there was far more content, and far less talking by Dr. Phil. He's supposed to be interviewing THEM, not giving us a dissertation about them. My 2 cents.

And I find them both very believable. I don't think they are money grubbing. I think they are mourning, and Cindy still has a huge case of denial. But I am not angry and don't hate her for it. I would probably struggle with the same internal conflicts about my kid had I gone through the same ordeal. I still feel the same compassion for them that I've always felt. Their pain is unfathomable.
 
Old 09-14-2011, 04:09 AM
 
28,206 posts, read 20,747,850 times
Reputation: 16599
Quote:
Originally Posted by didee View Post
I watched it...no surprises. Very little content. Like most TV shows these days, it's mostly teasers, lead ins, "coming up next" clips, and repeating stuff over and over in fragments. Just like American Idol. This is part of the dumbing down of America. I wish there was far more content, and far less talking by Dr. Phil. He's supposed to be interviewing THEM, not giving us a dissertation about them. My 2 cents.

And I find them both very believable. I don't think they are money grubbing. I think they are mourning, and Cindy still has a huge case of denial. But I am not angry and don't hate her for it. I would probably struggle with the same internal conflicts about my kid had I gone through the same ordeal. I still feel the same compassion for them that I've always felt. Their pain is unfathomable.
You know I agree. I didn't watch the interview. I was planning on it but upon remembering what a total boar/bore Dr. Phil is I decided against it.

Too much in TV today is all hype and very little content. I find the same with many movies.
 
Old 09-14-2011, 09:15 AM
 
Location: South Carolina
13,821 posts, read 18,794,708 times
Reputation: 24495
I just got through watching the last part of the show and at least George faced facts that casey actually had something to do with their poor granddaughters death . I wish Cindy would face those facts as well, but I dont think she ever will . I hope that they would have the good sense to take any child that Casey has away from her and keep it away from her and definately no unsupervised visits . I pray God makes her sterile though . I also think the brother had alot more to do with this than anyone knows or he definately played a major part in it .
 
Old 09-14-2011, 10:07 AM
 
1,422 posts, read 4,635,901 times
Reputation: 1912
I think it's interesting George feels "in his heart" that someone else was involved with Casey in doing whatever was done. Gut instincts can be so spot-on. Yet, the police never came up with anything along that angle. We'll never know exactly what truly happened; we'll all just have our own beliefs and opinions.

As for Cindy and her beliefs, well, there is a remote chance she could be right. But whatever happened, she believes what she believes and it's based in part on her faith. If it gives her some peace, so be it. But sometimes, when we least expect it, we'll have a revelation and things become suddenly clear - it's amazing how it can happen. It can happen sooner, or in my experience usually (much) later, or sometimes never.

Since the defense presented total BS, it obfuscated any constructive path to the truth. That's really sad. Whether engineered by Baez et al, or whether he constructed a defense based on a Casey theory, who knows? I don't even care anymore. Heaven only knows how those defense attorneys sleep at night. But hopefully someday, some way, people pay a price for their behaviors and actions. And that's the best I can hope for at this point in the CA saga.
 
Old 09-14-2011, 10:40 AM
 
Location: Nassau, Long Island, NY
16,408 posts, read 28,900,557 times
Reputation: 7268
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I just got through watching the last part of the show and at least George faced facts that casey actually had something to do with their poor granddaughters death . I wish Cindy would face those facts as well, but I dont think she ever will . I hope that they would have the good sense to take any child that Casey has away from her and keep it away from her and definately no unsupervised visits . I pray God makes her sterile though . I also think the brother had alot more to do with this than anyone knows or he definately played a major part in it .
That's interesting. Why do you think that?
 
Old 09-14-2011, 11:56 AM
 
Location: Orlando, Florida
43,858 posts, read 44,610,696 times
Reputation: 58626
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
................. I also think the brother had alot more to do with this than anyone knows or he definately played a major part in it .
The first time I felt that way was when they did the interview with Casey's ex-fiance and he spoke of Casey and Lee's history. Something just felt weird. I know Lee isn't the father, but the child's name was Cay-Lee...why would anyone name their child after themselves and their brother. That is all creepy in itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top