Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2011, 09:05 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I believe the clock is ticking for them to get a divorce...once they get some money they will split up...people with no money stay longer together....the waiting is for the money to come in, they are not agreeing on something very crucial which will torn them apart...just my 2 cents.
From my understanding, a tragedy like this either works wonders in bringing a couple closer together, or drives them miles apart. Based on the first two parts of the interview, I'd vote the latter rather than the former.

Old 09-15-2011, 09:07 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
The major difference Virgode, is that there is actual evidence to support Ashtons theory of pre-meditated murder. Not that it happened that way, just that there is alot of evidence to support that it could have. On the other hond, there is absolutely no evidence in support of a theory that Lee had a part in moving the body or any other aspect of the crime. That is why I called that poster out on it.

I hope you understand.
IMO Jeff Ashton went out on a limb trying to get a conviction without enough evidence to support his theory, making it largely speculative.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

Old 09-15-2011, 10:02 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
I did not watch Dr. Phil, this family needs to go crawl back under whatever rock they came from. When will their fame and celebrity for being the most dysfunctional family in the US be over? I am tired of their drama and BS. A beautiful little girl is dead, thrown in a trash bag. The fact that these people don't just live a life of shame, for their part in this tradgedy is beyond me.

Old 09-16-2011, 03:58 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Where the show turned an interesting twist, George had never expressed his opinion to Cindy.

She told Dr Phil "I'm hearing this for the first time"

I don't believe Caylee was murdered either.

A drowning or was accidentally overdosed with some substance.
If it was a drowning, do you have an opinion on whose version is true--- George was there as delusional liar Casey says, or George wasn't there as delusional denier Cindy says.

Old 09-16-2011, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I did not watch Dr. Phil, this family needs to go crawl back under whatever rock they came from. When will their fame and celebrity for being the most dysfunctional family in the US be over? I am tired of their drama and BS. A beautiful little girl is dead, thrown in a trash bag. The fact that these people don't just live a life of shame, for their part in this tradgedy is beyond me.
I'm just curious as to what "part" you believe they played in this? The only thing I have seen from them is two people who's lives have been torn apart by a pathological. sociopathic lying monster, and who are confused and trying to make sense of it all in any way they can.

Old 09-16-2011, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
If it was a drowning, do you have an opinion on whose version is true--- George was there as delusional liar Casey says, or George wasn't there as delusional denier Cindy says.
I don't know. If it wasn't a drowning, Caylee was overdosed with something, but didn't intend to kill her.

One thing I do know, these people wouldn't know the truth if it jumped up and bit them in the ass. Its not hard to see why Casey turned out the way she did.

The Anthonys dysfunction and denial aren't all that rare. They could be anyones neighbors, friends or relatives and some of us may know people like them.

Another poster said shes tired of their fame and celebrity. No, they're infamous, theres a difference.

Old 09-16-2011, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
I don't know. If it wasn't a drowning, Caylee was overdosed with something, but didn't intend to kill her.

One thing I do know, these people wouldn't know the truth if it jumped up and bit them in the ass. Its not hard to see why Casey turned out the way she did.

The Anthonys dysfunction and denial aren't all that rare. They could be anyones neighbors, friends or relatives and some of us may know people like them.

Another poster said shes tired of their fame and celebrity. No, they're infamous, theres a difference.
I know some of you are content with blaming Cindy and George Anthony for the way Casey turned out, but my question is, where do we draw that line from blaming others to placing responsibility on the individual? By this token, we could just as easily blame the parents of Cindy and George for the way Casey turned out, or their parents, or their parents.

You said it best Virgode, when you said this......

Quote:
The difference is, the children of these types don't ALL turn out the way Casey did, so I have an issue blaming C and G A's parenting for Caseys actions.

Old 09-16-2011, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post

The difference is, the children of these types don't ALL turn out the way Casey did, so I have an issue blaming C and G A's parenting for Caseys actions.
Your right about this. If Casey is in fact a sociopath, its not her parents fault, but she has the added bonus of parents that will help to cover her wrongs.

Old 09-16-2011, 11:06 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
I believe that Casey was enabled by her parents to be a failure. I believe Cindy is a control freakazoid, Casey could never be good enough, so rather than "fail" as a Mother, she erased Caylee as the crux of her problems. These parents were completely responsible for Caylee's death.

Old 09-16-2011, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I believe that Casey was enabled by her parents to be a failure. I believe Cindy is a control freakazoid, Casey could never be good enough, so rather than "fail" as a Mother, she erased Caylee as the crux of her problems. .
You just described hundreds of thousands of parents throughout the world. Are their children babykillers?

[quote]
Quote:
These parents were completely responsible for Caylee's death
I'll just have to disagree with you I guess. I believe in placing the blame and responsibility for wrongdoing on the one who actualy does it. We all make our own decisions in life. Are your parents to blame for anything you have ever done wrong?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime