U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-18-2011, 10:47 PM
 
Location: 39 20' 59"N / 75 30' 53"W
16,085 posts, read 23,946,204 times
Reputation: 17992

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post


Still no pass. Doesn't soften in any way what she did. Casey was the parent, not Cindy. Normal people don't kill their children or even drug them if you want to go along with the accident theory, just because they cant find or cant afford a babysitter.
No they don't. Cindy liked to keep everything covered up, to keep her image of the perfect family.

When Cindys credit cards were used and money was stolen, you punish the crime not an innocent child by refusing to watch Caylee.

By then Cindy should have been able to peice things together and figure out her daughter had issues, of a drug problem, or that she wasn't really working.

The fact is, there are things Cindy could have done to prevent Caylees death, she refused to see the writing on the wall. Casey should never have been able to leave the house with Caylee and she wouldn't have to go on national television making scores of excuses. The excuses are to keep her perfect imagine of her narcissistic self intact.

 
Old 09-18-2011, 11:04 PM
 
Location: Ohio
13,900 posts, read 10,808,453 times
Reputation: 7242
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
No they don't. Cindy liked to keep everything covered up, to keep her image of the perfect family.

When Cindys credit cards were used and money was stolen, you punish the crime not an innocent child by refusing to watch Caylee.

By then Cindy should have been able to peice things together and figure out her daughter had issues, of a drug problem, or that she wasn't really working.

The fact is, there are things Cindy could have done to prevent Caylees death, she refused to see the writing on the wall. Casey should never have been able to leave the house with Caylee and she wouldn't have to go on national television making scores of excuses. The excuses are to keep her perfect imagine of her narcissistic self intact.
There is an old saying that I just love and it goes a little like this: If if's and but's were candy and nuts then we would all have a merry Christmas!"

It's easy to say this should have been done or that should have been done now, after the fact, but like I said, at the time, I doubt the thought that her grandaughter would end up dead as a result of her not stepping in ever eny6ered her mind. She likely thought that she was doing what was best and trying to make Casey grow up and be the mother that she was supposed to be.
 
Old 09-18-2011, 11:20 PM
 
Location: 39 20' 59"N / 75 30' 53"W
16,085 posts, read 23,946,204 times
Reputation: 17992
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
There is an old saying that I just love and it goes a little like this: If if's and but's were candy and nuts then we would all have a merry Christmas!"

It's easy to say this should have been done or that should have been done now, after the fact, but like I said, at the time, I doubt the thought that her grandaughter would end up dead as a result of her not stepping in ever eny6ered her mind. She likely thought that she was doing what was best and trying to make Casey grow up and be the mother that she was supposed to be.

Mixed messages when you start covering up.

Casey didn't want to be a mom and Cindy wanted to be a grandmother.

End of story.
 
Old 09-19-2011, 12:06 AM
 
Location: Ohio
13,900 posts, read 10,808,453 times
Reputation: 7242
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Mixed messages when you start covering up.
Not sure what you mean by this.
Quote:
Casey didn't want to be a mom and Cindy wanted to be a grandmother.
And as the mother, Casey had the unltimate responsibility for Caylee's well being no matter what the circumstances were with Cindy, no matter if she liked it, no matter if she wanted it, end of story.

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 09-19-2011 at 12:21 AM..
 
Old 09-19-2011, 12:17 AM
 
Location: 39 20' 59"N / 75 30' 53"W
16,085 posts, read 23,946,204 times
Reputation: 17992
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Not sure what you mean by this



And as the mother, Casey had the unltimate responsibility for Caylee's well being no matter what the circumstances were with Cindy, end of story.
Covering up was Cindys MO. Its a mixed message whether you're a child or adult. People believe what you do, not what you say.

We're going in circles here. Casey couldn't handle the ulimate responsibility. Who would have known that any better than the people she lived with.
 
Old 09-19-2011, 12:24 AM
 
Location: Ohio
13,900 posts, read 10,808,453 times
Reputation: 7242
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Covering up was Cindys MO. Its a mixed message whether you're a child or adult. People believe what you do, not what you say.

We're going in circles here. Casey couldn't handle the ulimate responsibility. Who would have known that any better than the people she lived with.
Well we are at a cross-roads on this I guess. I'm going to place the blame squarely on Casey as the parent and more importantly as the adult. I'm not saying Cindy's actions helped the problem, but I'm not going to say the death was her fault in any way.
 
Old 09-19-2011, 12:31 AM
 
Location: 39 20' 59"N / 75 30' 53"W
16,085 posts, read 23,946,204 times
Reputation: 17992
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Well we are at a cross-roads on this I guess. I'm going to place the blame squarely on Casey as the parent and more importantly as the adult. I'm not saying Cindy's actions helped the problem, but I'm not going to say the death was her fault in any way.
No it wasn't. The signs were all there for Cindy and she did nothing.

Christ, the girl was stealing from her and you think she wasn't making other irresponsible decisions?

Everyone has talked about the close bond between Casey and Caylee.
Perhaps more of a sibling bond than a parent child relationship.

When she stole from me, I would have been on 911 faster than you can say boo.
 
Old 09-19-2011, 12:57 AM
 
Location: Ohio
15,184 posts, read 13,468,257 times
Reputation: 20629
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Well we are at a cross-roads on this I guess. I'm going to place the blame squarely on Casey as the parent and more importantly as the adult. I'm not saying Cindy's actions helped the problem, but I'm not going to say the death was her fault in any way.
I agree, no matter what the family dynamics......in the end.....Casey is the only one responsible for Caylee's death.

Another thing, people have said that Cindy should have gone for custody.

I am not well versed on custody matters, however, wouldn't it have been next to impossible for Cindy to get custody considering she could not have shown the authorities ANY EVIDENCE of abuse on Casey's part?

I mean, I have heard of so many cases where ABUSED children are taken away from the parents.......only to be given back to them at a later date......after the parents have completed rehab or taken parenting classes, etc. And.....then the kid ends up dead. I think we have all heard of stories like these.

In reality, Casey had Cindy over a barrel in regards to Caylee.....and Cindy knew it.....and Casey knew it.....that's part of the reason Cindy treated Casey with kid gloves.....until that night that she finally snapped.

I am sure Cindy wishes she could go back in time to take back that final confrontation.

I am sure Cindy and George are riddled with guilt over a lot of the things they did as parents.......but there are many parents that make the same mistakes or worse.....and no one ends up dead. I feel sorry for them both.
 
Old 09-19-2011, 01:34 AM
 
Location: 39 20' 59"N / 75 30' 53"W
16,085 posts, read 23,946,204 times
Reputation: 17992
Annie53
I am not well versed on custody matters, however, wouldn't it have been next to impossible for Cindy to get custody considering she could not have shown the authorities ANY EVIDENCE of abuse on Casey's part.

With all due respect,

She didn't need evidence of abuse. Theres a lot more that goes into the welfare of a child.

Casey wanted to party and given enough time her parenting role would have disolved. You give someone some rope and they'll show you what they are.

If there was in fact abuse or neglect Cindy would have covered it up any way.
 
Old 09-19-2011, 01:38 AM
 
Location: Ohio
15,184 posts, read 13,468,257 times
Reputation: 20629
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post

With all due respect,

She didn't need evidence of abuse. Theres a lot more that goes into the welfare of a child.

Casey wanted to party and given enough time her parenting role would have disolved. You give someone some rope and they'll show you what they are.
Respect noted!

As I said.....I am not well versed on the subject.....so I am glad you set me straight! LOL

I just always thought it was VERY HARD to terminate a parent's rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top