U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2011, 01:41 AM

16,085 posts, read 23,950,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Respect noted!

As I said.....I am not well versed on the subject.....so I am glad you set me straight! LOL

I just always thought it was VERY HARD to terminate a parent's rights.
They would get temporary custody first, then move forward from there.

This would mean Casey couldn't take the child from the house whenever she wished.

Old 09-19-2011, 02:29 AM

15,185 posts, read 13,475,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
They would get temporary custody first, then move forward from there.

This would mean Casey couldn't take the child from the house whenever she wished.
Do you think Casey stealing all of that money would have been enough for the courts to give temporary custody to Cindy and George?

Old 09-19-2011, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Do you think Casey stealing all of that money would have been enough for the courts to give temporary custody to Cindy and George?
I don't know, would look to the court as though Casey had a drug problem.

I'll quess there so much more we don't know.

Don't forget she stole money from Cindys mother too.

Old 09-19-2011, 04:02 AM

Social Services Investigations: The Removal of Children From The Home

When the state seeks to remove a child from the care of its parents, it is an infringement of this parental liberty which requires that the state provide the parents with due process of law. 68 Due process of law does not, however, require a state to provide parents with a hearing or other procedure before taking a child into custody. 69 Courts have held that the state' s temporary assertion of custodial authority in the face of a reasonably perceived emergency does not violate due process.70 "When a child's safety is threatened, that is justification enough for action first and hearing afterwards." 71 Thus, while the courts have acknowledged that a parent's rights to retain care and custody over their children are fundamental, they have also held that the state has a compelling interest in the health and safety of its children which may justify interference with that care and custody. 72

When Casey was stealing money from her mother her grandmother and her friend who did press charges, where was Caylee?

The video they had of Casey in Target, shopping with the stolen checks, notice Caylee wasn't there?

Old 09-19-2011, 04:37 AM

28,206 posts, read 20,799,235 times
I think trying to find a reason a person turns out the way they do is not synonymous with placing the blame on others.

Old 09-19-2011, 05:14 AM

179 posts, read 406,930 times
Default George & Cindy Anthony Interview w/Dr.Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Even IF they did have something to do with it, why would they admit it? They havn't been prosecuted and found not guilty, so if they did admit to anything they could still be charged.

The whole family are Liars..............you can't trust one thing they say !!

Old 09-19-2011, 09:43 AM

13,900 posts, read 10,812,414 times
Quote:
No it wasn't. The signs were all there for Cindy and she did nothing.
Tell me, what exactly are the signs that your daughter is about to murder your Grandaughter? Hines Sight is 20/20

Quote:
When she stole from me, I would have been on 911 faster than you can say boo.
Web would all like to think that we know what we would do in a certain situation, but truth is, we dont always.

Quote:
Respect noted!
I just always thought it was VERY HARD to terminate a parent's rights.
IT IS! And don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Especially when that parent is the mother.

Old 09-19-2011, 09:44 AM

13,900 posts, read 10,812,414 times
Everyone ready for the third and final interview TODAY? Dont forget!

Old 09-19-2011, 09:55 AM

13,835 posts, read 18,850,082 times
I just finished watching the third installment and nothing new was said from the first and second parts , except for Cindy saying that she would not want to have another grandchild from Casey until she finds out what is wrong with her . Then she says in the next breath she would trust Casey to babysit another child in her family . WTH ? what is wrong with those people . I would not trust her to watch a puppy much less another child . Gawd she might decide that Lee's kid cried too much so she needed to quiet them down and give them a drug . There is nothing in my mind that says Casey would be safe to babysit a niece or a nephew . I think Cindy goes through life with blinders on .

Old 09-19-2011, 10:51 AM

15,185 posts, read 13,475,048 times
Quote:
Social Services Investigations: The Removal of Children From The Home

When the state seeks to remove a child from the care of its parents, it is an infringement of this parental liberty which requires that the state provide the parents with due process of law. 68 Due process of law does not, however, require a state to provide parents with a hearing or other procedure before taking a child into custody. 69 Courts have held that the state' s temporary assertion of custodial authority in the face of a reasonably perceived emergency does not violate due process.70 "When a child's safety is threatened, that is justification enough for action first and hearing afterwards." 71 Thus, while the courts have acknowledged that a parent's rights to retain care and custody over their children are fundamental, they have also held that the state has a compelling interest in the health and safety of its children which may justify interference with that care and custody. 72

When Casey was stealing money from her mother her grandmother and her friend who did press charges, where was Caylee?

The video they had of Casey in Target, shopping with the stolen checks, notice Caylee wasn't there?
Caylee was always either with Cindy, George or Casey......no abuse there. Casey was taking care of Caylee when she left her in the care of her grandparents.....no abuse there.

There has never been any proof of Casey using drugs.....other than being seen buying beer with some of the money she stole and one of her boyfriends admitting that he and his friends smoked pot once in awhile. No proof that Casey smoked pot or even that she ever got drunk.

The one time Casey did see a doctor, when Jesse called the paramedics for that seizure......there was never any mention of drugs being involved.

I don't think Casey had a drug problem, it she did, I am sure the prosecution could have found at least one witness who would have testified to it.

No one ever had any idea that Casey was drugging Caylee either.....not one witness anywhere. Cindy had no idea that Casey was drugging Caylee either. Actually, to this day, there still is no proof that Casey drugged Caylee.

I don't think Cindy could have gotten temporary custody.....there was no proof anywhere that Casey wasn't taking care of Caylee.

By the time anything happened that even hinted that Casey was an unfit mother.....it was too late....Caylee was already dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or