U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-29-2011, 09:32 PM
 
Location: Ohio
15,158 posts, read 13,418,020 times
Reputation: 20593

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I have to say Annie that I don't understand how that post answered the question of presumption of knowledge by Caylee's father either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Umm...how about answering the question that was asked instead of veering way off into left field?
I did answer the question.

I said not really = NO.....I don't think it is presumptuous to think the father had no knowledge.........and then I proceeded to explain why I thought so.

How much clearer could my answer have been? WTH kind of an answer do you want?

 
Old 09-29-2011, 10:17 PM
 
Location: Tampa (by way of Omaha)
13,925 posts, read 19,139,910 times
Reputation: 9155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I did answer the question.

I said not really = NO.....I don't think it is presumptuous to think the father had no knowledge.........and then I proceeded to explain why I thought so.

How much clearer could my answer have been? WTH kind of an answer do you want?
A few points here.

A) My question was mainly rhetorical as any reasonable person would agree that it is presum****us to assume that a man who had apparently had a one night stand with Casey (and in one case, lived on the other side of the country from Casey) would have known he fathered a child unless informed so by Casey. Even then, you did not explain why your position was not presumptuous, instead you went off on a wild tangent.

B) The answer to "If he didn't know about Caylee before.....how would he know about her now?" is pretty damn simple. It's called media exposure and logical deduction.

C) You went off the rails with your talk of the potential father not coming forward to avoid child support and wanting a "big pay day" now. Both statements are completely ludicrous assumptions and the pay day argument was nothing more than a straw man.

D) I found no reference to anyone asking for a paternity test, but your assumption that it's motivated by money is also glaringly incorrect. Under Florida law, only heirs of the estate or dependents can bring suits for wrongful death. Neither set of grandparents have standing to bring that suit. Only Casey would have standing, and she certainly can't sue herself.
 
Old 09-29-2011, 11:52 PM
 
Location: Ohio
15,158 posts, read 13,418,020 times
Reputation: 20593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
A few points here.

A) My question was mainly rhetorical as any reasonable person would agree that it is presum****us to assume that a man who had apparently had a one night stand with Casey (and in one case, lived on the other side of the country from Casey) would have known he fathered a child unless informed so by Casey. Even then, you did not explain why your position was not presumptuous, instead you went off on a wild tangent.

Obviously, we don't agree.

B) The answer to "If he didn't know about Caylee before.....how would he know about her now?" is pretty damn simple. It's called media exposure and logical deduction.

There was plenty of media exposure when Caylee first went "missing".

C) You went off the rails with your talk of the potential father not coming forward to avoid child support and wanting a "big pay day" now. Both statements are completely ludicrous assumptions and the pay day argument was nothing more than a straw man.

This is a forum....not a court of law. A forum.....a place where people voice their OPINIONS.

D) I found no reference to anyone asking for a paternity test, but your assumption that it's motivated by money is also glaringly incorrect. Under Florida law, only heirs of the estate or dependents can bring suits for wrongful death. Neither set of grandparents have standing to bring that suit. Only Casey would have standing, and she certainly can't sue herself.
The mother of the dead boy has asked for a paternity test.

Again, this is not a court of law and we are not lawyers. People have mentioned that the boy's mother should sue. Do you think I am going to spend hours reading up on the laws of Florida before a make a comment?

Good grief....you take these forums way too seriously....they are nothing more than a form of entertainment.

CHILL OUT!
 
Old 09-30-2011, 12:42 AM
 
Location: Tampa (by way of Omaha)
13,925 posts, read 19,139,910 times
Reputation: 9155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
The mother of the dead boy has asked for a paternity test.
Link?

Quote:
Again, this is not a court of law and we are not lawyers. People have mentioned that the boy's mother should sue. Do you think I am going to spend hours reading up on the laws of Florida before a make a comment?
So you think it's okay to just make uninformed statements with no regard for accuracy? Especially when you're talking about the character of another person? I don't know about you, but personally I don't comment on things I don't have knowledge of.

Quote:
Good grief....you take these forums way too seriously....they are nothing more than a form of entertainment.

CHILL OUT!
I'm very chilled out, and pointing out the flaws in posts like yours is awesome entertainment.
 
Old 09-30-2011, 01:32 AM
 
Location: Ohio
15,158 posts, read 13,418,020 times
Reputation: 20593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Link?



So you think it's okay to just make uninformed statements with no regard for accuracy? Especially when you're talking about the character of another person? I don't know about you, but personally I don't comment on things I don't have knowledge of.



I'm very chilled out, and pointing out the flaws in posts like yours is awesome entertainment.

 
Old 09-30-2011, 05:56 AM
 
9,523 posts, read 4,864,327 times
Reputation: 3870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
The mother of the dead boy has asked for a paternity test.

Again, this is not a court of law and we are not lawyers. People have mentioned that the boy's mother should sue. Do you think I am going to spend hours reading up on the laws of Florida before a make a comment?

Good grief....you take these forums way too seriously....they are nothing more than a form of entertainment.

CHILL OUT!
I understood your comments. Going back to earlier posts, there was a hypothetical --- IF the father came forward and IF he sued for wrongful death, would he be supported or condemned ? You answered the hypothetical, as did a bunch of other people.
 
Old 09-30-2011, 11:10 AM
 
Location: 39 20' 59"N / 75 30' 53"W
16,085 posts, read 23,879,978 times
Reputation: 17982
BOSCO55DAVID

The great mystery of the Casey Anthony trial: Who fathered the 2-year-old she’s accused of murdering? Diane Dimond reveals the person whose DNA may finally solve the riddle.



MacLean, homebound with a back and hip disability, says she is willing to take a lie-detector test, submit DNA for grandparent’s testing and reached out to George and Cindy Anthony almost two weeks ago.

Casey Anthony Trial: Who Is Caylee Anthony

Last edited by virgode; 09-30-2011 at 11:19 AM..
 
Old 09-30-2011, 02:52 PM
 
Location: Tampa (by way of Omaha)
13,925 posts, read 19,139,910 times
Reputation: 9155
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
BOSCO55DAVID

The great mystery of the Casey Anthony trial: Who fathered the 2-year-old she’s accused of murdering? Diane Dimond reveals the person whose DNA may finally solve the riddle.



MacLean, homebound with a back and hip disability, says she is willing to take a lie-detector test, submit DNA for grandparent’s testing and reached out to George and Cindy Anthony almost two weeks ago.

Casey Anthony Trial: Who Is Caylee Anthony
Be willing to take a DNA test and actively seeking one out are not the same though.
 
Old 09-30-2011, 04:48 PM
 
Location: 39 20' 59"N / 75 30' 53"W
16,085 posts, read 23,879,978 times
Reputation: 17982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
The mother of the dead boy has asked for a paternity test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Be willing to take a DNA test and actively seeking one out are not the same though.


You're right, but thats not what Annie53 posted. So, my link confirms what she posted.

Last edited by virgode; 09-30-2011 at 04:56 PM..
 
Old 09-30-2011, 05:09 PM
 
Location: 39 20' 59"N / 75 30' 53"W
16,085 posts, read 23,879,978 times
Reputation: 17982
I wasn't able to find any new online info in regards to statis of DNA testing for paternity,other than LA, GA and Jesse Grund for trial.

I've no idea of the legalities in such a situation.

Do the Anthonys have a right to deny them DNA testing to find a match??

Cindy will protect Casey. Its possible the DNA wouldn't be a match and once again showcase Casey Anthonys lies or prove positive and give the paternal grandparents the opportunity for a civil case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top