U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-30-2011, 05:22 PM
 
18,852 posts, read 31,732,472 times
Reputation: 26118

Advertisements

There is a petition to be signed for affitional charges to be filed against CA, in federal court, for lying to FBI agents. I signed it.

 
Old 09-30-2011, 05:52 PM
 
Location: Ohio
13,900 posts, read 10,791,229 times
Reputation: 7242
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
, would he be supported or condemned ? .
I think the majority would support him, not because they think he is entitled to win a settlement, but for the simple fact it would just be another way of sticking it to old Casey Anthony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
There is a petition to be signed for affitional charges to be filed against CA, in federal court, for lying to FBI agents. I signed it.
As far as I can tell there are no grounds to try her in federal court. Casey Anthony has had her day in court and was found not guilty wether we like it or not. She has already served her time for her convictions. People just need to accept it and move on, no offense intended j12

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
give the paternal grandparents the opportunity for a civil case.
I could be wrong but I dont think the Grandparents can sue for wronful death, only the parent. { father in this case }
 
Old 09-30-2011, 06:10 PM
 
Location: 39 20' 59"N / 75 30' 53"W
16,085 posts, read 23,906,055 times
Reputation: 17987
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
There is a petition to be signed for affitional charges to be filed against CA, in federal court, for lying to FBI agents. I signed it.
 
Old 09-30-2011, 06:16 PM
 
Location: 39 20' 59"N / 75 30' 53"W
16,085 posts, read 23,906,055 times
Reputation: 17987
Edit by Jasper12B][/b] Sorry, no links to petitions. Please read TOS.

Last edited by jasper12; 09-30-2011 at 07:03 PM.. Reason: deleted link to petition
 
Old 09-30-2011, 06:28 PM
 
18,852 posts, read 31,732,472 times
Reputation: 26118
She has never had charges filed on her in federal court. That is why double jeopardy does not apply.
 
Old 09-30-2011, 06:31 PM
 
Location: 39 20' 59"N / 75 30' 53"W
16,085 posts, read 23,906,055 times
Reputation: 17987
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post

I could be wrong but I dont think the Grandparents can sue for wronful death, only the parent. { father in this case }
True, I just googled. They may however sue for mental anguish.

Of course this all very hypothetical and useless...eventually karma will be knocking on her door.
 
Old 09-30-2011, 06:41 PM
 
Location: Ohio
13,900 posts, read 10,791,229 times
Reputation: 7242
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
She has never had charges filed on her in federal court. That is why double jeopardy does not apply.
There is a reason for that, there are no grounds to file in federal court. The judicial system is specificly set up so that state courts can take care of these matters.

Another thing with these petitions. The fact hat people start them shows how ignorant they are about the judicial system. It doesn't run on a basis of want or demand, so people can sign it all they want to but it is and will always remain a symbolic gesture. There are a specific set of laws in place and if the law isn't there to back a charge up, it just isn't, no matter how much people want it or demand it to be.
 
Old 09-30-2011, 06:56 PM
 
Location: 39 20' 59"N / 75 30' 53"W
16,085 posts, read 23,906,055 times
Reputation: 17987
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
There is a reason for that, there are no grounds to file in federal court. The judicial system is specificly set up so that state courts can take care of these matters.

Another thing with these petitions. The fact hat people start them shows how ignorant they are about the judicial system. It doesn't run on a basis of want or demand, so people can sign it all they want to but it is and will always remain a symbolic gesture. There are a specific set of laws in place and if the law isn't there to back a charge up, it just isn't, no matter how much people want it or demand it to be.

Casey Anthony | Overturn the Verdict
 
Old 09-30-2011, 07:19 PM
 
Location: Ohio
13,900 posts, read 10,791,229 times
Reputation: 7242
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
And the point is??? This is just another stupid petition. Refer to my quoted post. Not a demand based system. There will never be a federal trial and that is something I would bet real money on, nor should there be. I would not sign this petition, { infact, as a citizen of the USA I would be embarassed to have my name on it } and I would discourage others from doing so as well. The very title to your link undermines the Contitution and and the protections it affords each of us.

As much as I wanted to see CA put away forever, I would not support another trial for these charges. Thonk about it this way. What if she had been found guilty and the small % of people who think she is innocent started a petition to give her another trial and it was granted! Not based on evidence or law, or appeal, but on the fact that someone started a petition. Would anyone support it then?

It would be a trajesty if any of these "petitions" were to succeed. { which they won't }
 
Old 09-30-2011, 07:26 PM
 
Location: 39 20' 59"N / 75 30' 53"W
16,085 posts, read 23,906,055 times
Reputation: 17987
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
As much as I wanted to see CA put away forever, I would not support another trial for these charges. Thonk about it this way. What if she had been found guilty and the small % of people who think she is innocent started a petition to give her another trial and it was granted! Not based on evidence or law, but on the fact that someone started a petition. Would anyone support it then?

While the STATE case cannot be overturned, a homicide case can be pursued in US Federal Court. According to the US Attorney’s Office at the Middle District of Florida they would need to receive the case information from the FBI in order to determine if they have a viable homicide case against Casey Anthony.

Updated post
So then,
the case you've posted had sufficent evidence by the prosecution to support first degree murder and a jury of clowns, you're now going to back pedal on? I'm surprised.

Last edited by virgode; 09-30-2011 at 07:34 PM.. Reason: update added remark
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top