U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-13-2012, 05:07 PM
 
Location: 39 20' 59"N / 75 30' 53"W
11,996 posts, read 11,392,577 times
Reputation: 13353
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
No parent is perfect. In my experience healthy family histories tend to grow up together. Mom and Dad are not immortal perfect beings,

FYI what you've posted runs contrary to (all) traditional religious teachings/ norms for thousands of years. It is considered her abandonment of a marriage covenant.
Some are old school with old school upbringings, uneducated about what constitutes abuse. For others inadvertant, or a parent with mental health problems, and then theres deliberate.


Oh.... I have no doubt it goes against religious teachings and its hypocrisy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-13-2012, 05:26 PM
 
11,962 posts, read 7,057,212 times
Reputation: 2772
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Volitile partnered relationships indicitive of past abuse of the victim as well as the perpetrator. Not specifically physical abuse, theres a lot falling under the 'abuse' umbrella. The entire dynamic may or may not include Susans parents, depending on the validity of Susan accounts that say her parents were abusive. We'll never know for certain and can only speculate.

I'll pose a question, if a women or man for that matter ( I don't want to allude to victims being one or the other gender and offend anyone) is aware and educated recognizing patterns of behavior indicating red flags for the future, how many will actually heed the warning early on and end the relationship?
Sorry I'm unable to find the link but I've seen disturbing statistics applicable to white race culture going on since 60's stretched out present tense. Poor white women are the #1 violent victimizations by intimate partners. All other races saw decline, but white women of all ages on a steady march, at increasingly younger ages, are being targeted with every known category of abuse.

Don't let race/ gender PC blind you. Where things need to be laid at a group, or at peoples feet, needs to be laid. White males are increasingly dying from self inflicted injuries. They're in trouble, and so are white women. Trouble is trouble, and when it's concentrating in a specific race (or location) inordinately, we really have to scrutinize what it is in the culture that's making it happen. Clearly what it is they are living out is antithetical to life and getting to the roots of it is going to have a better chance of forging a better direction. Better role models to follow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2012, 06:10 PM
 
18,870 posts, read 13,606,999 times
Reputation: 24739
Let's keep this thread focused on this crime. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2012, 06:15 PM
 
11,962 posts, read 7,057,212 times
Reputation: 2772
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
You do realize that statement would be similar to violating ones rights, then telling them not to contact any authority figure?

A common ploy of abusers and bullies.
My purpose for requesting it is to fully confront what I see wrong. If I'm obliged to be polite to a murderer, or seemingly endorse the behavior of westboro baptists as a Christian, it sends the wrong message to the masses about Christianity. It becomes a false representation system in this way, and I think becomes a failure to lead properly as far as sane Muslims coping with Muslim extremists goes. Jews in Israel are also having problems with the equivalent of Jewish taliban claiming itself orthodox terrorizing Israel from within. Pedophiles infiltrating the Catholic Church are not acceptable, do not represent me, but the flock is not turning a blind eye. The Church is in dire need of self examination to realize how they created a climate for these individuals to thrive. In plain sight. No need to tear at bricks and mortar for the mistakes of humans. It is what we do wrong with the Bible that has ever gotten Christians (as individuals and as groups) in trouble.

It's easy enough in our tower of babel discussion to allow misrepresentation to occur enabling confusion and exploitation. That's the price of free society that can only be remedied by solid education of all. Negating that responsibility becomes a liability for any civilization in history, and so, power is bestowed to elites and elites alone. So long as they remain benevolent leaders. In the case of America failing to establish law applicable all evenhandedly (am I really empowered as citizen if I'm not equal? Technically I don't see why all of womankind isn't evicted from the premises if only all men are equal), there are 2 sets of laws in effect defying reality. Maybe if we all went to St Elsewhere they'd rethink their constitution? Am I allowed to exist for any other purpose than servitude?

On the internet I can pander to uneducated people to start a full blown campaign to persecute mentally ill people with impunity because it's not a tos violation. So long as it's not 'personal'. So we're all talking to each other 3rd party narrative like bratty kids, nanny nanny boo boo, plotting and scheming, shifting blame around, and forgetting we are human beings. Imperfect. Not omnipotent. Concocting predatory legislation to infinity and beyond giving to Cain at the expense of Abel, and back and forth, until one kills the other. This socially/ legally acceptable habit has to end. It's killing America. It's killing families. It's killing the globe, and incredulous, the worst offenders politically are claiming themselves to be religious right/ family values. What intelligent thing is there to do about sickness claiming itself religious? Start calling them what they are as free speech ought to allow.

In service to you (generically and personally) I swore an oath to defend and uphold the constitution. Much love to America. I did not take an oath to defend the rights of liars & thieves. Troops need an informed public to make sane decisions about our national mission statement in declaration of war to serve you best. I need We the People to take their duty to military seriously. This is a 2 way commitment. So too on the streets of America is a 2 way commitment with LE/ justice system/ education system/ social services etc. People too myopic serving themselves in leadership positions abandoning/ negating the duty of stewardship in their decision making process is harming America, and American families. It is this abandonment that has caused so much dysfunction on every conceivable level hijacking true American values for nefarious deeds.

Again, these examples are putting me all over the map, but it's the birdseye view of dysfunction I'm pointing at defying the narrow box of true crime, politics, military, family life, social justice or religion. Try to stand on the mountain next to God and look down at this machine. We all look pretty crazy, don't we?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2012, 06:19 PM
 
11,962 posts, read 7,057,212 times
Reputation: 2772
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Let's keep this thread focused on this crime. Thanks.
It's very difficult to speak honestly that way Jasper. Please consider what I've said above. I'm not trying to be difficult. I'm pointing at bigger dysfunctions that defy categories & our vocabulary because we're stuck in boxes. We're being enron and I don't want to be enron. How do I go about it with current TOS? Food for thought among mods. I'm trying to do right is all I can say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2012, 06:24 PM
 
11,962 posts, read 7,057,212 times
Reputation: 2772
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Some are old school with old school upbringings, uneducated about what constitutes abuse. For others inadvertant, or a parent with mental health problems, and then theres deliberate.


Oh.... I have no doubt it goes against religious teachings and its hypocrisy.
True cause of death for Susan Powell- negation of proper religious education for her half of the species? Or is the larger tide cause of death for Susan, Josh and their children the negation of proper education about healthy relations between genders?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2012, 06:42 PM
 
Location: 39 20' 59"N / 75 30' 53"W
11,996 posts, read 11,392,577 times
Reputation: 13353
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Sorry I'm unable to find the link but I've seen disturbing statistics applicable to white race culture going on since 60's stretched out present tense. Poor white women are the #1 violent victimizations by intimate partners. All other races saw decline, but white women of all ages on a steady march, at increasingly younger ages, are being targeted with every known category of abuse.

Don't let race/ gender PC blind you. Where things need to be laid at a group, or at peoples feet, needs to be laid. White males are increasingly dying from self inflicted injuries. They're in trouble, and so are white women. Trouble is trouble, and when it's concentrating in a specific race (or location) inordinately, we really have to scrutinize what it is in the culture that's making it happen. Clearly what it is they are living out is antithetical to life and getting to the roots of it is going to have a better chance of forging a better direction. Better role models to follow.
Race? Abuse touches every socioeconomic group, ethnicity and both genders.

Please don't twist, misinterpret or decide what I think for your own agenda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2012, 08:10 PM
Status: "Independence Day. Have you thanked a military member today?" (set 24 days ago)
 
Location: Outside 1604
1,542 posts, read 1,211,188 times
Reputation: 2423
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
My purpose for requesting it is to fully confront what I see wrong. If I'm obliged to be polite to a murderer, or seemingly endorse the behavior of westboro baptists as a Christian, it sends the wrong message to the masses about Christianity. It becomes a false representation system in this way, and I think becomes a failure to lead properly as far as sane Muslims coping with Muslim extremists goes. Jews in Israel are also having problems with the equivalent of Jewish taliban claiming itself orthodox terrorizing Israel from within. Pedophiles infiltrating the Catholic Church are not acceptable, do not represent me, but the flock is not turning a blind eye. The Church is in dire need of self examination to realize how they created a climate for these individuals to thrive. In plain sight. No need to tear at bricks and mortar for the mistakes of humans. It is what we do wrong with the Bible that has ever gotten Christians (as individuals and as groups) in trouble.

It's easy enough in our tower of babel discussion to allow misrepresentation to occur enabling confusion and exploitation. That's the price of free society that can only be remedied by solid education of all. Negating that responsibility becomes a liability for any civilization in history, and so, power is bestowed to elites and elites alone. So long as they remain benevolent leaders. In the case of America failing to establish law applicable all evenhandedly (am I really empowered as citizen if I'm not equal? Technically I don't see why all of womankind isn't evicted from the premises if only all men are equal), there are 2 sets of laws in effect defying reality. Maybe if we all went to St Elsewhere they'd rethink their constitution? Am I allowed to exist for any other purpose than servitude?

On the internet I can pander to uneducated people to start a full blown campaign to persecute mentally ill people with impunity because it's not a tos violation. So long as it's not 'personal'. So we're all talking to each other 3rd party narrative like bratty kids, nanny nanny boo boo, plotting and scheming, shifting blame around, and forgetting we are human beings. Imperfect. Not omnipotent. Concocting predatory legislation to infinity and beyond giving to Cain at the expense of Abel, and back and forth, until one kills the other. This socially/ legally acceptable habit has to end. It's killing America. It's killing families. It's killing the globe, and incredulous, the worst offenders politically are claiming themselves to be religious right/ family values. What intelligent thing is there to do about sickness claiming itself religious? Start calling them what they are as free speech ought to allow.

In service to you (generically and personally) I swore an oath to defend and uphold the constitution. Much love to America. I did not take an oath to defend the rights of liars & thieves. Troops need an informed public to make sane decisions about our national mission statement in declaration of war to serve you best. I need We the People to take their duty to military seriously. This is a 2 way commitment. So too on the streets of America is a 2 way commitment with LE/ justice system/ education system/ social services etc. People too myopic serving themselves in leadership positions abandoning/ negating the duty of stewardship in their decision making process is harming America, and American families. It is this abandonment that has caused so much dysfunction on every conceivable level hijacking true American values for nefarious deeds.

Again, these examples are putting me all over the map, but it's the birdseye view of dysfunction I'm pointing at defying the narrow box of true crime, politics, military, family life, social justice or religion. Try to stand on the mountain next to God and look down at this machine. We all look pretty crazy, don't we?
I don't want to or mean to come across as rude, please don't take it that way. This post, among others, is too long, too complicated, too boring. I find myself not reading your posts, and I am sure many others are not also. I'd like to keep this thread open to all who have comments to make on the Powells. Thank you for your cooperation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2012, 08:42 PM
 
9,043 posts, read 4,601,172 times
Reputation: 6480
Is Susan Powell still classified as a missing person? Even though Josh killed himself and his boys they have never found Susan's remains. The last set of remains they found in that camping area was an animal.

This leads one to believe Josh killed Susan but no evidence. I just hope one day they will find her remains as I do not think she just ran away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2012, 08:56 PM
 
5,266 posts, read 4,180,587 times
Reputation: 14858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
I don't want to or mean to come across as rude, please don't take it that way. This post, among others, is too long, too complicated, too boring. I find myself not reading your posts, and I am sure many others are not also. I'd like to keep this thread open to all who have comments to make on the Powells. Thank you for your cooperation.
Great point. I am skipping over all these monotonous posts also. Too lengthy. I'm hoping we could get back to the Powell thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:26 AM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top