U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2019, 01:49 PM

13,820 posts, read 18,794,708 times

Advertisements

I feel sorry for the social worker who went to the home and knocked on the door and he would not let her in and then she was on the phone with her supervisor when he set the house on fire and she was screaming into the phone the house is on fire and the kids are in there with their dad . She is lucky to be alive because when she probably thinks about it she could have very well been in that house and been set on fire and maybe most likely would not have survived the fire . One can only hope that those little boys did not suffer and went quickly . sad really really sad . I bet that social worker relives that moment every day of her life .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2019, 10:12 AM
Status: "Be yourself. What's the alternative?" (set 20 days ago)

8,696 posts, read 10,845,026 times
What an absolutely horrible case. Those poor children and their mother. Awful.

Old 03-07-2019, 10:44 AM

35,489 posts, read 10,509,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
True, but watching true crime stories, it's very surprising how many do just that. The hospital lab tech who asked her coworker how to kill her husband. He jokingly said Succinylcholine thinking she was kidding. That's what she used.

The woman who asked how much antifreeze it takes to kill a 160 lb dog and her 160 lb husband ends up dead from antifreeze poisoning.

Just last night there was a 20/20 story where a guy told all the details about a murder he had done, and I mean all of them to an acquaintance. They weren't close friends as far as I could tell.

Some people just can't keep their mouths shut, even the smart ones.

If this isn't the truth, and it often doesn't even have anything to do with their intelligence.

Perps--and their accomplices--sing like birds; authorities count on it.

Old 05-04-2019, 07:24 AM

9,151 posts, read 7,216,558 times
Oxygen is doing a 2-night documentary on this case. This article includes parts of the interview with her father.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...-disappearance

Old 05-06-2019, 09:46 AM
Status: "Be yourself. What's the alternative?" (set 20 days ago)

8,696 posts, read 10,845,026 times
This is one case I can't read about anymore. Too heart breaking to read about the mom, the children.

Old 05-06-2019, 02:02 PM

22,878 posts, read 19,308,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
Oxygen is doing a 2-night documentary on this case. This article includes parts of the interview with her father.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...-disappearance
That Steven Powell was one sick sob. Josh was a chip off the old block.

I didn't realize the two other sons had died too. I forget the names....Michael and.....

I hope Susan and her boys can RIP now. SMH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or