U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 11:21 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,751,871 times

Advertisements

Sad case. I knew of a case, also in Utah, a man went to Zion Park with his wife, and baby. Whoops. The wife "falls" hiking. A woman with a million dollar life insurance policies all together. Her parents could do nothing. Slime was cleared (spouse). He moved out of state, with the baby...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2011, 12:15 AM

22,890 posts, read 19,331,879 times
That's so sad. Money sure brings out the best in some people, huhn? My poor hubby, who is dying of cancer, was hoping he'd die before his company fired him for being out of work so much getting treatment, and lose his life insurance but no such luck. He got terminated, lost the insurance and is still battling the big C. Greedy people go and kill for that money. Not fair, is it??

Old 12-11-2011, 12:32 AM

9,916 posts, read 9,312,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Just watched Friday's edition of Dateline, "After Midnight". It was about the Susan Powell case.

Her parents have custody but that POS father, Josh, has visiting rights. I hope they are supervised visits and he can not be alone with the children. I only know from sad experience that the non-custodial parent in some cases, can and does kidnap the child(ren).

The carpet in the livingroom was wet and had fans blowing on it when the SIL/her hubby and police went in the house the first time. Don't WV CSIs have luminol? Didn't they test the carpet? It was refered to many times but not a word of any testing done on it. Oh, I forgot, it was just a MIA case back then. When the creep moved out and into with that creepier father of his' place, didn't the cops test the carpet when they took evidence out? Would the blood evidence loose it's oomph after so long? Surely that carpet is full of Susan's blood.

I had never heard of this case before Dateline. Now I'm very intrigued with it.
The media doesn't provide much info on this case anymore. When Josh's father was arrested that did hit the news.

I am so glad Susan's parents have the children. After Susan disappeared and Josh moved in with his sick-o dad, Susan's parents didn't get to see the kids.

Old 12-11-2011, 07:43 AM
Status: "Be yourself. What's the alternative?" (set 26 days ago)

8,736 posts, read 10,862,655 times
FIL bizarre--watched part of it and had to turn it off. The son and father are way too creepy. I don't think women are trained to really look at men objectively--to see some of them for what they are. Too trusting and too accomadating. I think I'd hire a PI if I was in a new relationship just to make sure they're aren't any rattling skeletons in their family closet.

Old 12-11-2011, 08:09 AM

I don't know, could Lacey have figured out Scott Peterson was going to kill her? How about Drew Peterson's wives? Jeff McDonald's wife, Collette? I think that there is probably a common thread, dominant men, submissive wives? The men get bored, ot angry? I don't know. But it is scary, seems like no one is safe, even from those who are supposed to take care of you.

Old 12-12-2011, 06:07 AM

5,273 posts, read 6,558,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
That's so sad. Money sure brings out the best in some people, huhn? My poor hubby, who is dying of cancer, was hoping he'd die before his company fired him for being out of work so much getting treatment, and lose his life insurance but no such luck. He got terminated, lost the insurance and is still battling the big C. Greedy people go and kill for that money. Not fair, is it??
Tami I am so sorry. What a shame. So not fair!

Can't believe I missed the Dateline show on Susan P. THanks for the update though! Such a travesty when everyone knows the husband most likely did it!

Quote:
The media doesn't provide much info on this case anymore. When Josh's father was arrested that did hit the news.

I am so glad Susan's parents have the children. After Susan disappeared and Josh moved in with his sick-o dad, Susan's parents didn't get to see the kids.
I saw that about the twisted FIL... Thank God her parents have custody of the kids. I cannot believe another scumbag one is getting away with murder!

Hopefully justice will prevail.

Quote:
I don't know, could Lacey have figured out Scott Peterson was going to kill her? How about Drew Peterson's wives? Jeff McDonald's wife, Collette? I think that there is probably a common thread, dominant men, submissive wives? The men get bored, ot angry? I don't know. But it is scary, seems like no one is safe, even from those who are supposed to take care of you.
Jasper- I wonder if Lacey knew Scott's dark side.. I read every book that was written on her case. So sad.Scott Peterson still denies that he murdered Lacy. His family has a paypal acct. set up if people want to donate for his "appeal"!! UGH!! Is Drew Peterson still in jail? I have to go google him lol.. What another slime ball.

Last edited by njsocks; 12-12-2011 at 06:15 AM..

Old 12-12-2011, 01:27 PM

13,826 posts, read 18,819,895 times
Yep I missed the show too but yeah Im glad drew peterson (scumbag) is still in jail . Ewww... that scott petersons family is a bunch of freakin weirdos too . Yeah sure he did not kill Lacey yeah right !!! What a piece of work these men are . It is comforting to know that there is a special place in hell for people like this to spend eternity ... I truly believe that .

Old 12-12-2011, 07:01 PM

5,273 posts, read 6,558,100 times
My sentiments exactly phonelady!!!
Peterson's parents are clueless and need to get their heads out of the sand! Thank God Drew Peterson is still in jail.. that slimeball!

Old 12-12-2011, 08:13 PM

Yes, I completely agree. But I wonder, were there "signs"? There was a sad case in Utah, Mark Hacking, he killed his beautiful young, pregnant wife, Lori. She seemed like a really nice young girl, stabbed to death by her husband.

Were these women previously abused, and never told anyone? Was it just escalated violence? Or completely random rage? Calculated pre-meditated murder? I just can't believe a husband would just start stabbing his wife. That is really scary. Can you trust anyone?

Old 12-12-2011, 09:50 PM

3,424 posts, read 3,978,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Yes, I completely agree. But I wonder, were there "signs"? There was a sad case in Utah, Mark Hacking, he killed his beautiful young, pregnant wife, Lori. She seemed like a really nice young girl, stabbed to death by her husband.

Were these women previously abused, and never told anyone? Was it just escalated violence? Or completely random rage? Calculated pre-meditated murder? I just can't believe a husband would just start stabbing his wife. That is really scary. Can you trust anyone?
I don't believe the women mentioned in these recent posts were abused. It's the disturbed MEN who have something to hide. Scott Peterson, Drew Peterson, Mark Hacking. In Lori Hackings case, above, her husband was leading a double life, and he was about to be found out. He was "attending college" and was "due to graduate". He also had a "job offer" out of state, and Lori was getting ready for the move, in addition to being pregnant, getting ready for the new baby, and leaving her family behind. He was lying through his teeth! No college degree, no graduation, no new job. So he kills her, and their baby.

These 3 are just the tip of the iceberg in tragic, well publicized murder cases. (I am a huge fan of True Crime. I used to read People Magazine just for the crime story in it every issue, so I know my cases). I wish our society/government would allow convicts to volunteer their brains for research upon death. Criminals brains surely should show some sort of damage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or