U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 09:05 AM

13,825 posts, read 18,811,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Stay tuned. Casey will probably be pregnant with Baez's love child sooner than we think!

Oh my goodness I hope for everyones sake we dont ever see her pregnant
again ...I hope in some way she is sterile now .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2012, 04:42 PM

1,817 posts, read 2,760,424 times
Wow...

Fire official: 3 dead in explosion at home of missing woman's husband - CNN.com

Old 02-05-2012, 05:00 PM

10,953 posts, read 8,693,671 times
I just saw this and came here to start a thread about it but I see you've already posted this.

Oh, this is such a horrible turn of events. I don't know if the caseworker could have done anything to prevent it but he/she will have to live with this horror.

And those poor grandparents! They lost their daughter - most likely at the hands of her husband - and now their grandchildren.

My heart is breaking.

Adult, 2 children killed in explosion at Josh Powell home | Local & Regional | KATU.com - Portland News, Sports, Traffic Weather and Breaking News - Portland, Oregon

Quote:
GRAHAM, Wash. - A powerful explosion and fire at the home of Josh Powell has killed two children and an adult male believed to be Powell and his two young sons, officials say.

The explosion shook the normally quiet cul-de-sac neighborhood where Powell, the husband of missing mom Susan Powell, had been living. It came just moments after a caseworker had brought Powell's two young sons there for a visit.

Old 02-05-2012, 05:28 PM

5,273 posts, read 6,556,982 times
Omg... I just read this in the news. Horrible!!! omg! He had a supervised visit with the caseworker and the boys were brought over there. My heart breaks for them all of them at the hands of the sicko husband. I hope he rots in Hell. Those poor boys.

Old 02-05-2012, 05:28 PM

6,475 posts, read 9,937,805 times
Anyone else suspect that Powell planned this?

Old 02-05-2012, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post

It's suicide most definitely in my opinion. They said it happened minutes after the caseworker left! OMG. I am so angry for those precious boys. The jerk sent his lawyer an email that said "sorry, goodbye"!! What a coward! Why couldn't he just do himself in and leave the boys out of it. Selfish.

I didn't realize the grandparents DID get custody FINALLY in Sept. of them. My heart is breaking. Hopefully at least the boys are with their mother now. There's a place in Hell for people like him!

Old 02-05-2012, 05:43 PM

10,953 posts, read 8,693,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
Of course he planned it! From the report I posted, he got the kids into the house, locked the caseworker out, and then the caseworker smelled gas. And then the three word note to his attorney....

Does anyone think this wasn't planned?

My heart breaks for those poor grandparents and everyone else who loved those boys. I know Josh's sister has been very vocal about her belief in his being responsible for Susan's disappearance, as well as being very critical of her own father (the perv). I'll bet she's devastated.

Horrible.

Old 02-05-2012, 05:47 PM

4,758 posts, read 6,541,993 times
Murder-suicides are the ultimate in a big F-U to the people left behind.

What is even worse is that they are not completely uncommon.

This just reveals the depth of this person's dysfunction.

I tend to want to give people the benefit of the doubt until there are enough solid facts, but from the first time I heard about his story of taking the toddlers out camping at midnight on a Sunday night in freezing temps, I knew he was guilty.

And now he has just spread the original devastation he caused a bit further....leaving even more people to suffer in pain. .... at least this toxic individual is no longer around to bother anyone else or waste taxpayer's money in years of court and then decades of appeals and time in prison.

Old 02-05-2012, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E E View Post
Murder-suicides are the ultimate in a big F-U to the people left behind.

What is even worse is that they are not completely uncommon.

This just reveals the depth of this person's dysfunction.

I tend to want to give people the benefit of the doubt until there are enough solid facts, but from the first time I heard about his story of taking the toddlers out camping at midnight on a Sunday night in freezing temps, I knew he was guilty.

And now he has just spread the original devastation he caused a bit further....leaving even more people to suffer in pain. .... at least this toxic individual is no longer around to bother anyone else or waste taxpayer's money in years of court and then decades of appeals and time in prison.

I just wished he did this solo and not with his boys. They said he was trying to regain custody of the boys a week or two ago and his lawyer said he had to undergo a psych eval *ya think?*.....and Josh was "upset" about it!. No one goes camping at midnight with two small kids! Maybe his guilt got the best of him.

Old 02-05-2012, 05:59 PM

19,828 posts, read 56,060,783 times
It was a psychsexual eval and a lie detector test. Obviously he knew he would NOT pass either. There was something on his computer in UT that was not released but was known to the Family Court judge.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or