U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-25-2011, 02:34 PM
 
Location: Orlando, Florida
43,858 posts, read 44,671,513 times
Reputation: 58626

Advertisements

I'm really going to assume she is certifiably insane and has not gotten proper medical care.
Until a background check is made, it will be impossible to know the history of this woman or family.
Probably would be an interesting case to follow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-25-2011, 03:34 PM
 
9,917 posts, read 9,325,570 times
Reputation: 8058
Local media is not saying much about this case. I am sure she is out of the hospital by now.

Naiyana Patel told police that “the ghost killed her children,” according to an officer’s statement in a search warrant for the Patel home.

Asheville mom accused of killing girls had been depressed | The Asheville Citizen-Times | citizen-times.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2011, 06:27 PM
 
Location: Coastal New Jersey
56,446 posts, read 54,858,546 times
Reputation: 67018
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I'm really going to assume she is certifiably insane and has not gotten proper medical care.
Until a background check is made, it will be impossible to know the history of this woman or family.
Probably would be an interesting case to follow.
I think you'd have to be. I can't even imagine killing my ex-husband with a hatchet. I just tried to imagine it and I didn't like it. So messy and the feeling of the hatchet hitting bone kind of skeeved me.

And then, as someone already mentioned, how do you hit yourself with a hatchet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2011, 02:34 PM
 
7,112 posts, read 9,377,191 times
Reputation: 8163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I think you'd have to be. I can't even imagine killing my ex-husband with a hatchet. I just tried to imagine it and I didn't like it. So messy and the feeling of the hatchet hitting bone kind of skeeved me.

And then, as someone already mentioned, how do you hit yourself with a hatchet?
It can be done. I knew of someone who killed herself that way. Suffice to say it takes great determination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2011, 03:36 PM
 
29,988 posts, read 37,300,142 times
Reputation: 12767
Maybe she fancied herself the next Lizzie Bordon? Sick, sick, sick. I have no compassion for parents who murder their children, period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2011, 07:20 AM
 
Location: Coastal New Jersey
56,446 posts, read 54,858,546 times
Reputation: 67018
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Maybe she fancied herself the next Lizzie Bordon? Sick, sick, sick. I have no compassion for parents who murder their children, period.
Just read not long ago that 60 percent of the murdered children in this country are killed by their own parents. Lovely, isn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2011, 10:06 AM
 
9,253 posts, read 9,320,129 times
Reputation: 29025
Quote:
Just read not long ago that 60 percent of the murdered children in this country are killed by their own parents. Lovely, isn't it?

I suspect the stats are similiar for homicides of wives and husbands. The person they should fear the most is their own spouse.

It does make me wonder if people worry too much about going places at night or in a big city. Those seem to be comparably quite safe activities compared to living with family members.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2011, 02:03 PM
 
Location: Out West
22,839 posts, read 16,910,108 times
Reputation: 26384
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
I suspect the stats are similiar for homicides of wives and husbands. The person they should fear the most is their own spouse.

It does make me wonder if people worry too much about going places at night or in a big city. Those seem to be comparably quite safe activities compared to living with family members.
+1

Yah, parents always say, "Don't talk to strangers". Maybe they should be more wary of their own fricken parents!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2011, 02:09 PM
 
Location: southern california
55,782 posts, read 74,782,583 times
Reputation: 48344
in india hatchet use is not a mark of insanity, but here it is.
sad to us, but another issue of honor from the east (patel is an indian name)
honor issues, this bothers americans alot. the whole subject of honor.
it cant be the death of kids that bothers them, bek they murder millions of them but call it "fetus or pregnancy termination".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2011, 02:13 PM
 
Location: 39 20' 59"N / 75 30' 53"W
16,085 posts, read 23,962,545 times
Reputation: 17994
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
I suspect the stats are similiar for homicides of wives and husbands. The person they should fear the most is their own spouse.

It does make me wonder if people worry too much about going places at night or in a big city. Those seem to be comparably quite safe activities compared to living with family members.
+1... Statistics back this up. You know the perputrator in some way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top