U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 06:27 PM

13,900 posts, read 10,780,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepimpact2 View Post
Lol. They're in it bcause it's a cushy job and they can feel powerful. Thy don't do much in general. So don't have some misconception that thy are just so dedicated to public service. That's a joke.
And on what do you base this baseless conclusiion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2011, 08:20 PM

403 posts, read 517,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
And on what do you base this baseless conclusiion?
Seeing them in action.

Old 12-10-2011, 08:34 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,698,893 times
Yes, public prosecutors are not what is protrayed on "Law and Order" with Sam Waterson working all hours of the night, feverishly slaving away. It is 40 hours done. If you work over, you get comp time, or OT, if approved. Very few prosecutors do comp time or OT. I know this from personally living with a federal prosecutor for years.

Old 12-11-2011, 08:36 AM

And they actually get upset if someone expects them to stay past 5:00 to finish up something in court. I know several prosecutors who suddenly become unavailable at 4pm every day.

Old 12-11-2011, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Seeing them in action.
So as I thought, nothing.

Old 12-11-2011, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
So as I thought, nothing.
How did you get "nothing" after I just told you I've seen it with my own eyes. I made it a point of saying that to let you know that this is stuff I see firsthand. You're just trying to stay I'm your naive bubble where all prosecutors are great and eager to be public servants.

Old 12-11-2011, 10:22 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,698,893 times
Yes, all public servents work for the greater good of society and mankind. Ashton is "Gandi-like" in his devotion to fighting crime. The world is a sorry place now that he no longer is serving his fellow man, in his crusade against crimes.

I am sure he is not writing this book to make blood money from a dead child. Even Baez has not sunk to that.

Last edited by jasper12; 12-11-2011 at 10:24 PM.. Reason: edit

Old 12-12-2011, 01:47 AM

9,911 posts, read 9,299,531 times
Jeff is now a Defense Attorney with the firm of Troum and Wallsh. He will specialize in forensic scientific evidence for criminal defense and civil law.

About Troum & Wallsh | Orlando Criminal Lawyers and Orlando Family Law Attorneys (http://www.troumandwallsh.com/about/ - broken link)

Ashton was considering running for public office ... he can use my book money for his campaign. Heck I will even go down there and campaign for him.

He was thinking about running for State Attorney for the 9th Judicial Circuit of Florida ... if he did, he would be running against his former boss Lawson Lamar.

Ashton's positives outweigh any negatives from the Casey Anthony trial.

Old 12-12-2011, 05:24 PM

Quote:
How did you get "nothing" after I just told you I've seen it with my own eyes. I made it a point of saying that to let you know that this is stuff I see firsthand. You're just trying to stay I'm your naive bubble where all prosecutors are great and eager to be public servants.
First of all I never said the bolded text. No way are all prosecuters great. Second, your observations prove diddly. Now if you had took part in a study observing hundreds or thousands of prosecuters to get a picture of their ethics, attitude toward their jobs, and so forth, then your statements would hold water. How many prosecuters have you been able to observe in your lifetime? How many have you gotten to know personaly? Likely not many.

Now, let me save us both some time and I'll just go ahead and say that yes, you could turn that same question around on me and no, I would have no defense. Maybe I am naive, but I do think that there are many out there that are very dedicated to what they do and they believe in the cause. In my humble opinion, going off of what Ive seen, read, and heard about Jeff Ashton and his entire career, I would say hes one of the good ones.

Old 12-12-2011, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Jeff is now a Defense Attorney with the firm of Troum and Wallsh. He will specialize in forensic scientific evidence for criminal defense and civil law.

About Troum & Wallsh | Orlando Criminal Lawyers and Orlando Family Law Attorneys (http://www.troumandwallsh.com/about/ - broken link)

Ashton was considering running for public office ... he can use my book money for his campaign. Heck I will even go down there and campaign for him.

He was thinking about running for State Attorney for the 9th Judicial Circuit of Florida ... if he did, he would be running against his former boss Lawson Lamar.

Ashton's positives outweigh any negatives from the Casey Anthony trial.
Well we need good ones on both sides ya know. There are aplenty of innocent peoiple convicted in this country every year. Just too bad he didnt join up with the Innocence Project though. I think it would have been a good fit for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime