U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-12-2011, 08:44 PM
 
403 posts, read 517,241 times
Reputation: 265

Advertisements

I would love to know how you've come to the conclusion that I likely don't know many prosecutors. I guess I shouldn't be surprised though because you also came to the conclusion that Ashton did a good job. Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-13-2011, 06:02 AM
 
9,912 posts, read 9,301,860 times
Reputation: 8048
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Well we need good ones on both sides ya know. There are aplenty of innocent peoiple convicted in this country every year. Just too bad he didnt join up with the Innocence Project though. I think it would have been a good fit for him.
I agree that would have been a good place for him. Just because he lost the Anthony case doesn't mean he and Burdick are not good prosecutors/lawyers. They may have got a conviction if the death penalty wasn't on the table ... but who knows with that jury!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepimpact2 View Post
I would love to know how you've come to the conclusion that I likely don't know many prosecutors. I guess I shouldn't be surprised though because you also came to the conclusion that Ashton did a good job. Lol
You are not surprised at me either then ... the prosecution team was professional and not a group of fumbling, rambling sleaze.

I know prosecutors too ... where I live they are just like school teachers and their pay is pitiful. They start in the low $30k here and even the boss that we call our Solicitor doesn't make but $60k.

Now deepimpact are you perhaps trying to tell us you are a judge ... a prosecutor ... a defense attorney ... since one can be anything they want on the internet. I am blonde, 5'8" tall, big boobs, rich, hmmmm been a lawyer, a doctor, a nurse, TV reporter hmmmmm big boobs, long legs .... hmmmmm what else do I want to be today!! We will give you benefit of the doubt ... today you can be a judge ... a District Judge sounds good. Tomorrow I might have red hair. Rather than argue just state your facts and back them up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-13-2011, 07:17 AM
 
Location: Ohio
13,900 posts, read 10,781,939 times
Reputation: 7242
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepimpact2 View Post
I would love to know how you've come to the conclusion that I likely don't know many prosecutors. I guess I shouldn't be surprised though because you also came to the conclusion that Ashton did a good job. Lol
I dont care if you know a hundred prosecuters, that still isn't enough to make generalizations about the majority of them and how they feel about the job they do.

By the way DI, out of sheer curiosity, how much of the Casey Anthony trial did you take in? It would be interesting to know what you are basing your opinions about the job That Jeff A. did on. Out of actual observation? Or out of nothing more than the fact that he lost?
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post

You are not surprised at me either then ... the prosecution team was professional and not a group of fumbling, rambling sleaze.
I agree. Aside from maybe building a repore with the jury like Baez so carefuly did, I dont think there was much else they could have done differently.

Quote:
Now deepimpact are you perhaps trying to tell us you are a judge ... a prosecutor ... a defense attorney ... since one can be anything they want on the internet.
Lol, this reminds me of that documentary called "Catfish" about the women who posed as much younger and used a picture of a model to have on online relationship with a guy.....until he unexpectedly went to visit her and it got real.

Quote:
. Rather than argue just state your facts and back them up.
Well said,

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 12-13-2011 at 07:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-13-2011, 08:29 AM
 
403 posts, read 517,241 times
Reputation: 265
Actually I AM an attorney. Funny how you just automatically ASSume that I would be lying about that. I would love to know exactly how you are, once again, able to come to a conclusion about my occupation without knowing anything about me.

At any rate, I actually do know hundreds of prosecutors seeing as how I practice law all over my state. I'm very observant. I know what they say. I watch how they handle their case loads. I also have friends who are prosecutors who don't mind complaining during Happy Hour about how much they, and their collegaues, hate their jobs. You get an even better picture when you talk to defense attorneys who started their legal career in the district attorney's office.

So yeah, to sum it up, I have a pretty good idea about how DA's and ADA's feel about their career paths. Most of them like the consistent 9-5 aspect of it. They have the occasional trial that requires a few extra hours of effort, but by no means are they burning the midnight oil. Far from it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-13-2011, 09:34 AM
 
403 posts, read 517,241 times
Reputation: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I
dont care if you know a hundred prosecuters, that still isn't enough to make generalizations about the majority of them and how they feel about the job they do.
Actually knowing that many prosecutors provides an excellent sampling of how they feel in general. Note that no one is arguing that they ALL feel this way. But a healthy majority of them do. That's evident by how they handle the cases that come through their offices.


Quote:
By the way DI, out of sheer curiosity, how much of the Casey Anthony trial did you take in? It would be interesting to know what you are basing your opinions about the job That Jeff A. did on. Out of actual observation? Or out of nothing more than the fact that he lost?

I think I already stated that. But it has nothing to do with winning or losing. I said early on that his first crucial mistake was to overcharge her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-13-2011, 04:35 PM
 
Location: Ohio
13,900 posts, read 10,781,939 times
Reputation: 7242
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepimpact2 View Post
Actually I AM an attorney. Funny how you just automatically ASSume that I would be lying about that. I would love to know exactly how you are, once again, able to come to a conclusion about my occupation without knowing anything about me.
.
Is this directed at me? You need to go back and see who posted what if it is.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepimpact2 View Post
I think I already stated that. But it has nothing to do with winning or losing. I said early on that his first crucial mistake was to overcharge her.
And I'm still waiting on someone, ANYONE making this claim, to explain how charging her with first degree and adding the death penalty could have affected the outcome considering the jury did NOT have to go with first degree. They could have opted for second degree or manslaughter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-13-2011, 06:08 PM
 
403 posts, read 517,241 times
Reputation: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Is this directed at me? You need to go back and see who posted what if it is.......


Actually your discussion about the movie was designed to show your agreement with the other poster's ASSumption that I would be lying about my occupation. Hence the reason I don't take either one of you seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-13-2011, 09:37 PM
 
18,852 posts, read 31,703,820 times
Reputation: 26114
Oh. Okay...break it up. Or this thread has to go in time out for a few days.

Back to the subject, has anyone read Ashton's book?

(Wow, Jasper is working on being a "good" mod, I have been "assimilated into the "mod" collective).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-14-2011, 04:02 PM
 
Location: Ohio
13,900 posts, read 10,781,939 times
Reputation: 7242
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepimpact2 View Post
Actually your discussion about the movie was designed to show your agreement with the other poster's ASSumption that I would be lying about my occupation. Hence the reason I don't take either one of you seriously.
Wow..who is making the ASSupmtions now? It was what carolina women said that reminded me of the movie, that was not to say I agree or disagree with her in respect to your career.....I could care less what your occupation is and as far as I know you would have no reaon to lie about it.

And thanks for continuing to dodge my question about the over-charging like so many others making the claim have. In the interest of keeping this post on topic per the mods request, I shall pose it to you again. How exactly, would Jeff Ashton charging her with first degree murder, have been over-charging Casey when infact the jury had three separate and major charges to choose from?..........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-14-2011, 04:48 PM
 
Location: tampa bay
6,587 posts, read 6,821,268 times
Reputation: 9851
This jury was a bunch of morons...Baez was a hooker lawyer before having Casey Anthony fall into his lap...he bumbled his way through the trial and won! Jeff Ashton put on a good case...that jury wasn't going to convict unless they had Casey on video murdering little Caylee...the jury was incapable of using logic! That said I would never buy any book on this case unless ALL profits went to charity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top