U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 03:34 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,722,131 times

Advertisements

Yes, I do think that lots of people under estimated Baez. Including Ashton. I wonder if he will admit to that in his book...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2011, 05:28 PM

13,900 posts, read 10,788,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Because most people are sick of the "Casey lies", why would we pay our hard earned money to hear more of them?

Wll it would be Baez's book so it wouldn't be "Casey's" lies. The beauty of it is, if you dont want to spend your "hard earned" money on it, you dont have to!

Old 08-30-2011, 04:46 AM

28,206 posts, read 20,747,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Wll it would be Baez's book so it wouldn't be "Casey's" lies. The beauty of it is, if you dont want to spend your "hard earned" money on it, you dont have to!
Oh but they want to tell everyone else how to spend their money!

Old 08-30-2011, 01:42 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,306,443 times
I will buy Jeff Ashton's book. I like the way Linda D. Burdick and Jeff Ashton handled the case. There was no stuttering or stammering by either of them. Frank George was the weak link in the prosecution team. Jeff did suffer several days with a bad cough that was distracting.

Yes, Jose was the underdog. But he never failed to tell the jury Good Morning and Good Afternoon ... every single day ... then he would get out his flip charts with markers that sometimes wouldn't write on the paper. Fumbling around, stuttering and stammering. He was personable to the jury, always smiling and gracious. Eventually they would respond to him with a 'good morning or good afternoon.'

The prosecution did not develop that rapport with the jury ... Jose did and he won the case.

Should Baez write a book, I won't buy it nor read it. Watching him I always thought of Tommy Smother's singing .... The Slithery-dee ... He crawled out of the sea. He may catch all the others but he won't catch me. No, he won't catch me .... He may catch all the others ... But (slurrp)

Old 08-30-2011, 03:08 PM

16,085 posts, read 23,898,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I still think that he made the mistake of charging this case with the death penalty. That was over the top, based on media hype.
This.

Old 08-30-2011, 06:42 PM

25,881 posts, read 39,172,212 times
I probably wont read it, but I have nothing against the prosecution team. They did a good job and it was hard and unexpected to deal with such a bunch of liars and incapable bunch of jurors.

I'm still shocked about the outcome and the injustice that was done to Caley.

The defense team will hopefully pay the price for their behavior after the trial and Jos Bias already was put in a bad light by judge Perry and time after time it showed how they wasted tax payers money. The lat time was with their stupid appeal. Not every publicity is good publicity and I wonder if that money train will ever come to the station.

Old 08-30-2011, 10:05 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,120,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
I will buy Jeff Ashton's book. I like the way Linda D. Burdick and Jeff Ashton handled the case. There was no stuttering or stammering by either of them. Frank George was the weak link in the prosecution team. Jeff did suffer several days with a bad cough that was distracting.

Yes, Jose was the underdog. But he never failed to tell the jury Good Morning and Good Afternoon ... every single day ... then he would get out his flip charts with markers that sometimes wouldn't write on the paper. Fumbling around, stuttering and stammering. He was personable to the jury, always smiling and gracious. Eventually they would respond to him with a 'good morning or good afternoon.'

The prosecution did not develop that rapport with the jury ... Jose did and he won the case.

Should Baez write a book, I won't buy it nor read it. Watching him I always thought of Tommy Smother's singing .... The Slithery-dee ... He crawled out of the sea. He may catch all the others but he won't catch me. No, he won't catch me .... He may catch all the others ... But (slurrp)
Good post.

Old 09-01-2011, 08:51 AM

16,085 posts, read 23,898,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Jeff Ashton's book will be released in late November.

Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony

256 Pages
William Morrow Publisher

I do not consider this blood money and I will read his book. I am curious to see if he addresses where he feels the prosecution went wrong with this case.

Casey Anthony Jeff Ashton book: Jeff Ashton confirms Casey Anthony book - OrlandoSentinel.com
Will not read, way to cocky and sure of himself.

Old 09-01-2011, 06:47 PM

13,900 posts, read 10,788,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Will not read, way to cocky and sure of himself.
You have something to say about everything don't you?

Old 09-01-2011, 06:50 PM

6,587 posts, read 6,825,736 times
Foward for the book is to be written by Marcia Clark....just kidding!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime