U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 04:41 PM

13,900 posts, read 10,798,309 times

Advertisements

My book came in the mail today. Can'twait to start in on it,now all I have to do is find the time.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2011, 07:56 PM

9,917 posts, read 9,312,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepimpact2 View Post
If publishing a book to capitalize off of a murder trial is considered blood money, then his book is no different from countless other books. He's just as fame hungry as the others.

I don't think or consider this blood money. He is aware of the anger across the world ... not just America ... the whole world. The prosecution team was excellent in my opinion, very professional, they never stumbled or stammered and never utilized a flip chart.

But ... Jose Baez establish a rapport with the jury .... good morning ladies and gentlemen of the jury ... and before the trial was over the jury was replying good morning ... or good afternoon. The prosecution team did not do a super suck up to the jury. Even Judge Perry did the super suck up to the jury.

Jeff Ashton believes as I do ... Casey Anthony killed her daughter and walks free today. Cindy Anthony dwells in the Twilight Zone, Jose Baez is sleaze and George did not molest Casey nor drown Caylee.

I do not think this is Caylee Marie Anthony blood money, I feel it's Ashton trying to explain how they blew it. They should have never gone for the death penalty. In addition the nearly 400 pieces of evidence was overwhelming for a jury with limited mentality.

During the trial and since the trial Casey Anthony has become the victim. But we all know Caylee Marie Anthony is the victim.

Jeff's book is dedicated to Caylee Anthony, "so no one forgets."

Old 11-19-2011, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
I don't think or consider this blood money. He is aware of the anger across the world ... not just America ... the whole world. The prosecution team was excellent in my opinion, very professional, they never stumbled or stammered and never utilized a flip chart.

But ... Jose Baez establish a rapport with the jury .... good morning ladies and gentlemen of the jury ... and before the trial was over the jury was replying good morning ... or good afternoon. The prosecution team did not do a super suck up to the jury. Even Judge Perry did the super suck up to the jury.

Jeff Ashton believes as I do ... Casey Anthony killed her daughter and walks free today. Cindy Anthony dwells in the Twilight Zone, Jose Baez is sleaze and George did not molest Casey nor drown Caylee.

I do not think this is Caylee Marie Anthony blood money, I feel it's Ashton trying to explain how they blew it. They should have never gone for the death penalty. In addition the nearly 400 pieces of evidence was overwhelming for a jury with limited mentality.

During the trial and since the trial Casey Anthony has become the victim. But we all know Caylee Marie Anthony is the victim.

Can't rep you enough CW

Old 11-19-2011, 11:45 PM

403 posts, read 517,885 times
Quote:

Okay. But none of this means it isn't blood money. Just because you agree with him doesn't make it right.

As far as Baez speaking to the jury, so what? You've got to do better than use that as a smear against the defense or the judge. Ashton should have been doing the same thing. Also Ashton could explain how they blew it without writing a book that generates profit.

Old 11-20-2011, 12:16 AM

16,085 posts, read 23,920,956 times
The book is dedicated to Caylee Anthony, I'm sure his intentions are good.

However, profits will go in his pocket, unless he has otherwise stated.

If anyone on the defensive team wrote a book, I can hear the criticism now about how they're profiting for their own gain.

Not sure what makes Jeff Ashton any different. I don't have anymore intention of reading his book than I would a book written by Casey Anthony.

Old 11-20-2011, 12:21 AM

403 posts, read 517,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
The book is dedicated to Caylee Anthony, I'm sure his intentions are good.

However, profits will go in his pocket, unless he has otherwise stated.

If anyone on the defensive team wrote a book, I can hear the criticism now about how they're profiting for their own gain.

Not sure what makes Jeff Ashton any different. I don't have anymore intention of reading his book than I would a book written by Casey Anthony.
I agree. Truthfully the only difference is that people are just mad about the verdict and want to support him. Why they aren't directing anger at him, I will never understand. But for whatever reason they like to view him as a victim or underdog. Despite the fact that HE was the experienced attorney and Baez wasn't.

Old 11-20-2011, 07:28 AM

28,206 posts, read 20,769,597 times
What is the difference between not guilty and innocent?

Old 11-20-2011, 07:29 AM

28,206 posts, read 20,769,597 times
Quote:

Perhaps it's my cynicism but I can't help but feel this is pandering to a specific audience.

Old 11-20-2011, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post

I can't say as I would criticize one of the defense lawyers for writing a book.... hell I might even read it. But anyone from the family? Yeah, blood money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
What is the difference between not guilty and innocent?
Big.....HUGE!!!!

"innocent" means that they are innocent of the crime, they didn't do it.

"not guilty" means that they have not been proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. It doesnt mean that the jury has found anyone to be innocent of a crime.

[SIZE=3]
Quote:
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][SIZE=3]not guilty[/SIZE] n. 1) plea of a person who claims not to have committed the crime of which he/she is accused, made in court when arraigned (first brought before a judge) or at a later time set by court. The choices of what one can plea are: guilty, not guilty, no contest, not guilty by reason of insanity, or incompetent to stand trial. 2) verdict after trial by judge sitting without a jury or by jury (unanimous decision in all but two states, which allow a verdict by only 10 of the jurors), stating that the prosecution has not proved the defendant guilty of crime or that it believes the accused person was insane at the time crime was committed. The accused cannot be tried for again for the crime charged. (See: plea, arraignment, not guilty by reason of insanity)
Even some of the jurors who've spoken with the media say that they didn't like Casey and that they feel that she was guilty of something. But according to them, the state failed to prove that.

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 11-20-2011 at 04:53 PM..

Old 11-20-2011, 04:56 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,751,871 times
Next, Ashton starts teaching at a law school...just wait...

Those who can do...those who can't...

Amazing coincidence, that his "retirement" was announced when he lost the case? Sure he worked there many years...blah, blah...still.

I will wait until the book is on the 90% off table at B&N, and idly glance at it. Should be in about 9 months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime