U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 07:13 PM

13,900 posts, read 10,815,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Jeff Ashton is an excellent attorney ... if anyone in my family was murdered I would want that man on the prosecution team.

And ... Jeff's career since passing the bar has been with the State of Florida ... this is the lowest paying salary an attorney can choose. In his 30 years working in the prosecutors office he has taken 70 cases to trial and all but two returned a guilty verdict. In addition he has prosecuted twelve capital murder cases and won convictions on every one of them.

In 1987 Jeff Ashton successfully prosecuted the first case in the whole WORLD in which DNA evidence was used. The case Tommy Lee Andrews, the court allowed and the jury accepted the new science (DNA) and Andrews was sentenced to life in prison.

A lawyer certainly does not get rich working for the state and Jeff hung in there 30 years. With his expertise he could have done the same thing Baez, Mason or Sims did ... opened his own firm or even chased ambulances and made more money. Most prosecutors leave their jobs within 5 years due to the pay. Miami Dade starting salary is $40k a year I don't know what Orange County is.

I don't care what Jeff Ashton does with my $26.99 plus tax which he doesn't get the tax.

From his book: Even now I have difficulty describing what I felt looking down at that sight. She was so small. For so long we had known that one day we would find Caylee Anthony but I was still not prepared for this moment. I have seen adult skeletons many time but this was my first time seeing a child's. How could anyone just throw Caylee away like that, with a laundry bag for her coffin. For a moment, I allowed myself to hate Casey Anthony. I pushed the hated away but I will never forget what I felt in that moment. Just as now there was no doubt in my mind that Casey killed this beautiful little girl.

Yes Baez won ... yes Casey walked ... yes the Anthonys are going on their merry way ... but Caylee Marie Anthony is still dead and not one single person is being held responsible for the death of this beautiful child.

No Ashton's book is not blood money but I assure you if Cindy, Baez, Mason, Sims or Casey writes a book or appears on TV I won't watch it. I did not watch Dr Phil and don't give two cents for what was said. Of course I haven't watch any of the Ashton interviews either. It's the truth "Imperfect Justice" ... that is exactly what we were exposed to with this trial.

I am not stupid, I know this is the great American way ... the jury made the call and we will all have to live with it ... but I assure you we don't have to like it.

I hope Ashton does get the majority of what I payed for the book. He was well deservong and I'm proud to say I own it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2011, 09:31 PM

403 posts, read 518,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Really, why buy the loser's book? I suppose it is information on what not to do. What ahhoys me, is that he won't own ANY missteps here. He did not lay out a clear path for jurors to follow. He should have spent time explaining "reasonable doubt". Ashton was cocky, and arrogant, I an sure the book will be full of hubris.

He should just print the book on toilet paper.

Old 11-22-2011, 10:08 PM

16,085 posts, read 23,958,316 times
Quote:

He did not lay out a clear path for jurors to follow. He should have spent time explaining "reasonable doubt".

Ashton was cocky, and arrogant, I an sure the book will be full of hubris.
lol...Theres where his arrogance comes in, when you're so sure of yourself you don't see the necessity.

Yeah, hes a real hero. I'm sure Casey Anthony would like to personally thank him.

Old 11-23-2011, 01:59 PM

9,917 posts, read 9,324,304 times
Well ... as I sit here with son, daughter-in-law, three kids, four in-house dogs and six real people arriving tomorrow (no more critters) ... I am just a'wallowing in Jeff Ashton's book and enjoying every page. Ashton joined the prosecutors office straight out of law school after passing the bar. He started at the bottom and then at the age of 26 years old he tried his first death penalty case and won ... the convicted guy hung himself in his cell and never made it to the death chamber.

Detective Yuri Melich's wife Sam is in law enforcement too. I really liked Yuri each and every time he testified.

I had to put my book down and call UPS to make sure my Honey Baked Ham was arriving TODAY. Back to my wallowing.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you City-Data True Crime Sleuths ... have a good one!

Old 11-23-2011, 03:14 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,798,439 times
This thread is hilarious...there are two camps...
Jeff Ashton is an A-hole.
Jeff Ashton is okay.

No middle ground. Gosh, I love you guys. Have a Happy Holiday.

Old 11-23-2011, 04:32 PM

Happy Thanksgiving to all

Old 11-23-2011, 05:54 PM

Quote:
This thread is hilarious...there are two camps...
Jeff Ashton is okay.

No middle ground. Gosh, I love you guys. Have a Happy Holiday.
Yeah but what is REEEEEALLLLY funny if you ask me, is that this camp....

Quote:
Used to be in this camp......

Quote:
Jeff Ashton is okay.
until they didnt get the outcome they wanted.hahahahaha.....funny.

I forward the Happy Thanksgiving sentiment to all.

Old 11-23-2011, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Yeah but what is REEEEEALLLLY funny if you ask me, is that this camp....

Used to be in this camp......

until they didnt get the outcome they wanted.hahahahaha.....funny.

I forward the Happy Thanksgiving sentiment to all.

Cluck...Cluck-Cluck...Cluck...

Old 11-23-2011, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Well ... as I sit here with son, daughter-in-law, three kids, four in-house dogs and six real people arriving tomorrow (no more critters) ... I am just a'wallowing in Jeff Ashton's book and enjoying every page. Ashton joined the prosecutors office straight out of law school after passing the bar. He started at the bottom and then at the age of 26 years old he tried his first death penalty case and won ... the convicted guy hung himself in his cell and never made it to the death chamber.

Detective Yuri Melich's wife Sam is in law enforcement too. I really liked Yuri each and every time he testified.

I had to put my book down and call UPS to make sure my Honey Baked Ham was arriving TODAY. Back to my wallowing.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you City-Data True Crime Sleuths ... have a good one!
Wow you guys who have a big to-do on thanksgiving with all your family coming over are so lucky. Thanksgiving was never really that big-a-deal in my house. We have a meal and all that but it's not like the WHOLE family gets together and has a good time like some families. Everyone in my family is either working or lives too far away. Christmas is another story though.

Old 11-23-2011, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Cluck...Cluck-Cluck...Cluck...
Ahhh...Virgode.....

You keep threatening to put me on your ignore list but I'm so entertaining you just cant bring yourself to do it can you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime