Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 04:43 PM

24,095 posts, read 32,437,200 times

Advertisements

Crap parenting.

You never hear of a mother dog beating it's puppy to death. Our species is unique is so many ways.

Old 09-04-2011, 07:58 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,520,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Crap parenting.

You never hear of a mother dog beating it's puppy to death. Our species is unique is so many ways.
Seriously? I've seen animals kill their young before. I've seen them ignore their young before.

Old 09-05-2011, 10:12 AM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Seriously? I've seen animals kill their young before. I've seen them ignore their young before.
True, animals will do this as its instinctual for the survival of the species. They will kill the runt, the weak or the sick if they think that those will slow them down or bring them danger and they will ignore their young if the young cannot keep up. They focus on the stronger of the babies and the weaker or sick ones have to fight to survive or they will die.

But that is not what humans do. Humans neglect their kids out of laziness or sheer stupidity and/or abuse their kids because they've gone crazy or they do it with malicious intent.

Animals do not kill their own with malice and they do not ignore their own because they are lazy or stupid. That's the difference.

Old 09-05-2011, 01:01 PM

5 posts, read 4,166 times
I have read the posts on this board and I am distugusted!!!! I have at one time had 15 pitbulls in my house and in my yard! They are smart, loyal beautiful animals that have been given a bad name! I have two children and all of my friends have kids, my dogs have been around kids ages ranging from newborn all the way up to teenagers and the worst thing that any of my dogs have ever done to a child is lick and slobber all over or sit on their laps...my dogs are anywhere from 30-65lbs and think they are lap dogs! I am so sick and tired of having to defend my choice of breed for my family pets, and having to fight against breed banning laws because of stupid people that don't know how to care for their animals! Another point is the baby was attacked by FIVE dogs not just one and how do we know that the pit was even truely involved in the attack? Instead of blamming the dog, I would turn my attention to the parents and how not only this 9 day old baby was left alone long enough to be attacked but long enough that they attack was able to kill her!!!!!!!!!!! So now not only are these dogs being misplaced and most likely be put sleep but this 9 day old baby has lost her life because she was born to RETARTED parents! If you don't agree with my post that is fine because you are intitled to your opinion but so am I and I spend a lot of my time definding my dogs and fighting against stupid people that judge them before even knowing the fact about the breed. Here is a link to a wonderful website that will help you better understand the FACTS about the breed!

Old 09-05-2011, 03:15 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,520,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv4myPit View Post
I have read the posts on this board and I am distugusted!!!! I have at one time had 15 pitbulls in my house and in my yard! They are smart, loyal beautiful animals that have been given a bad name! I have two children and all of my friends have kids, my dogs have been around kids ages ranging from newborn all the way up to teenagers and the worst thing that any of my dogs have ever done to a child is lick and slobber all over or sit on their laps...my dogs are anywhere from 30-65lbs and think they are lap dogs! I am so sick and tired of having to defend my choice of breed for my family pets, and having to fight against breed banning laws because of stupid people that don't know how to care for their animals! Another point is the baby was attacked by FIVE dogs not just one and how do we know that the pit was even truely involved in the attack? Instead of blamming the dog, I would turn my attention to the parents and how not only this 9 day old baby was left alone long enough to be attacked but long enough that they attack was able to kill her!!!!!!!!!!! So now not only are these dogs being misplaced and most likely be put sleep but this 9 day old baby has lost her life because she was born to RETARTED parents! If you don't agree with my post that is fine because you are intitled to your opinion but so am I and I spend a lot of my time definding my dogs and fighting against stupid people that judge them before even knowing the fact about the breed. Here is a link to a wonderful website that will help you better understand the FACTS about the breed!
If the dogs are so great, why'd they kill the baby???

The fact is, if you don't watch them, these dogs will kill. If they didn't, we wouldn't need to watch them and our kids around them. It is because they are dangerous that we have to monitor our children around them.

Like it or not, some breeds are more dangerous than others.

Old 09-05-2011, 04:52 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv4myPit View Post
I agree with this but regardless of how friendly the dog is, a 9 DAY OLD BABY should not be around dogs, especially not unattended. I don't care what breed the dog is, again, a 9 DAY! OLD! BABY! should not be left around dogs.

Quote:
If the dogs are so great, why'd they kill the baby???

The fact is, if you don't watch them, these dogs will kill. If they didn't, we wouldn't need to watch them and our kids around them. It is because they are dangerous that we have to monitor our children around them.

Like it or not, some breeds are more dangerous than others.
It's not the breed. Pitbulls are NOT dangerous. Before idiots started using them for dog fighting, pitbulls used to be considered "the baby sitter dog". You can thank the media for getting people all in a frenzy over pit bulls. In total, pitbulls kill about 3 people a year. Yet we kill over a million a year. Gee, who should be more wary.

Children should NEVER be left unattended around dogs until they are old enough to know how to act around dogs. End of story. It is not the breed of the dog, it's the IDIOT parents who would leave a 9 DAY old baby with 5 dogs. Stupidity at its finest.

The baby dies because of these idiots.
The dogs will probably die because of these idiots.
What happens to these idiots? A slap on the wrist?

That is where the focus should be, NOT on the breed of dog.

Old 09-05-2011, 05:09 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,286,698 times
Quote:
I have read the posts on this board and I am distugusted!!!! I have at one time had 15 pitbulls in my house and in my yard! They are smart, loyal beautiful animals that have been given a bad name! I have two children and all of my friends have kids, my dogs have been around kids ages ranging from newborn all the way up to teenagers and the worst thing that any of my dogs have ever done to a child is lick and slobber all over or sit on their laps...my dogs are anywhere from 30-65lbs and think they are lap dogs! I am so sick and tired of having to defend my choice of breed for my family pets, and having to fight against breed banning laws because of stupid people that don't know how to care for their animals! Another point is the baby was attacked by FIVE dogs not just one and how do we know that the pit was even truely involved in the attack? Instead of blamming the dog, I would turn my attention to the parents and how not only this 9 day old baby was left alone long enough to be attacked but long enough that they attack was able to kill her!!!!!!!!!!! So now not only are these dogs being misplaced and most likely be put sleep but this 9 day old baby has lost her life because she was born to RETARTED parents! If you don't agree with my post that is fine because you are intitled to your opinion but so am I and I spend a lot of my time definding my dogs and fighting against stupid people that judge them before even knowing the fact about the breed. Here is a link to a wonderful website that will help you better understand the FACTS about the breed
I am sure I will be called an "animal hater" for this. Fine. Every less pitbull makes for a better world in my opinion. Anyone who has one should--at a minimum--be required under penalty of imprisonment to maintain medical and liability insurance in the amount of $500,000 on the beast.

Old 09-05-2011, 05:38 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,370,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
I am sure I will be called an "animal hater" for this. Fine. Every less pitbull makes for a better world in my opinion. Anyone who has one should--at a minimum--be required under penalty of imprisonment to maintain medical and liability insurance in the amount of $500,000 on the beast.
Gave you a rep for that. Banning the breed is a difficult thing to do politically, but forcing people who want to own these beasts to pay up for the privilege might be a good middle ground.

Old 09-05-2011, 07:39 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Quote:
Like it or not, some breeds should not be around children. Dogs can get jealous of a new baby and some breeds are just too high strung to be around children. But if you have dogs, they shouldn't be around the baby. There are doors, fenced yards, collars and leashes....lots of ways to keep baby and dogs separted.
Painting with a pretty broad brush. While no dogs should ever be given unfettered access to a young child alone there is nothing wrong with dogs being around children under the immediate supervision of the parents if the dogs have shown no previous aggression. By immediate supervision, I mean just that, within arms reach (literal touching distance), not across the yard, and not in another room.

Dogs should be kenneled or crated when a parent does not have time to watch the child's every move or the dog's every move. It is in such a way that dogs learn they are at the back/bottom of the pack and not above the child. It is unrealistic to believe that a dog that has not been socialized to be around small children suddenly can be when a baby is brought into the family. This is something that takes effort and training.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
Gave you a rep for that. Banning the breed is a difficult thing to do politically, but forcing people who want to own these beasts to pay up for the privilege might be a good middle ground.
I would say the same about parents and paying up to insure their children!

Old 09-05-2011, 11:21 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,962,389 times
We have had dogs all our 40+ years of marriage ... Chow, Doberman, German Shepherds, Labs, Boxers, Peek-A-Poo, a large assortment of Heinz 57s ... we have a pet cemetery out back.

We never had a Rottweiler ... but we did have a Pitbull ... brought him home when he was weaned from his momma. He was a pretty thing brindle. We live on four acres with one acre fenced in with a five ft chain-link fence. We had the Pit in the house, he was crate trained and house broke. We had his ears docked and he was neutered.

We had three children the girls were in high school and son was in Junior High (not babies) when we got the Pit. He would go out in the fenced yard and play, run, jump ... then back in the house, flop down on the couch.

For whatever reason ... one day the Pit decided to jump the fence or he climbed it (5 ft) and up the road he ran to a neighbor's house ... he got a hold of her Lab and almost ate the Lab's leg off. It took my husband, son and daughter to get that dog off that Lab. It cost us almost $500.00 in Vet bills for the Lab's injuries. The Pit had a new home before the sun went down that day. I couldn't sleep ... if that had been a child as we had neighbors with children that played outside ... the Lab injuries bothered us enough but if it had been child .. OMG!!

No more Pitbulls for us ... and I do not trust them after that fiasco. They will turn. I know I saw it and still shudder when I think about the event.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime