U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 11:36 PM

9,917 posts, read 9,326,740 times

Advertisements

A 9-day-old Clarkton, NC baby was attacked and killed by up to five dogs on Tuesday.

Addyson Paige Camerino was born on Aug. 21. She lived with her parents, at the home of her grandparents.

The family reportedly owned four of the five dogs involved in the attack, a pit bull, German shepherd, German shepherd/bulldog mix and an Alaskan malamute.

Neighbors who live near the home are telling local media and law enforcement they believe the incident was an accident.
WHAT!!!!!!

The Bladen Journal - Neighbors say they believe child

Old 09-02-2011, 06:56 AM

25,393 posts, read 30,814,454 times
How did five dogs get access to the baby?

Accident my arse!!!!

Old 09-02-2011, 07:03 AM

16,133 posts, read 20,869,971 times
Negligent Homicide is more like it.

I could leave a gun unattended and it wouldn't go next door and kill my neighbors child

Old 09-02-2011, 05:14 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,846,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Negligent Homicide is more like it.

I could leave a gun unattended and it wouldn't go next door and kill my neighbors child

Friggin right on! Thanks for reason~! Too bad it doesn't happen in court

Old 09-04-2011, 06:58 AM

22,844 posts, read 16,914,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
How did five dogs get access to the baby?

Accident my arse!!!!
This is what I want to know. Of course, most people will focus on the dog breeds and add that to their fire on breed banning. My neighbor just had a baby that is about that old, maybe a few days older. They do not let that baby out of their sight!

Old 09-04-2011, 10:28 AM

25,393 posts, read 30,814,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
This is what I want to know. Of course, most people will focus on the dog breeds and add that to their fire on breed banning. My neighbor just had a baby that is about that old, maybe a few days older. They do not let that baby out of their sight!
Like it or not, some breeds should not be around children. Dogs can get jealous of a new baby and some breeds are just too high strung to be around children. But if you have dogs, they shouldn't be around the baby. There are doors, fenced yards, collars and leashes....lots of ways to keep baby and dogs separted.

Old 09-04-2011, 11:08 AM

4,800 posts, read 10,606,508 times
I am trying to remember the last time I read of a vicious dog attack that didn't involve a pit bull/mix.

Old 09-04-2011, 01:03 PM

9,917 posts, read 9,326,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
That is what we did with our first one ... pulled cradle up next to our bed and I slept with my arm over in the cradle. We didn't want her to escape or anything. Then the next one comes along and parents are pros by that time.

We have always had dogs but never a dog around our babies. When our first grandchild was born we had a 90 lb Boxer that was a house dog ... when grandbaby was here our Boxer was outside.

Old 09-04-2011, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Like it or not, some breeds should not be around children. Dogs can get jealous of a new baby and some breeds are just too high strung to be around children. But if you have dogs, they shouldn't be around the baby. There are doors, fenced yards, collars and leashes....lots of ways to keep baby and dogs separted.

Thanks for the education I did not need. I am fully aware of that. If you had SEEN what I was responding to, "how did 5 dogs get access to that baby", you would be aware that I understood this.

MY POINT was, people will NOT focus on the fact that dogs should not have been around a baby, they will focus on the breed of the dog.

ANYWAY, the question still remains: How on earth did 5 dogs let alone ONE dog have access to that baby?

Old 09-04-2011, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
That is what we did with our first one ... pulled cradle up next to our bed and I slept with my arm over in the cradle. We didn't want her to escape or anything. Then the next one comes along and parents are pros by that time.

We have always had dogs but never a dog around our babies. When our first grandchild was born we had a 90 lb Boxer that was a house dog ... when grandbaby was here our Boxer was outside.
And that's how ya do it, regardless of breed.

It sounds to me like less of an accident and more of negligence and crap parenting, (yet again).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or