U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 02:26 PM

16,085 posts, read 24,096,732 times

Advertisements

[quote=bentlebee;20723692]Baez made such a fool of him self as well as the rest of his defense team after they won the case, [quote]

Agree. The defense team was over the top with the after party celebration. Unprofessional, showed no regard for Caylee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by didee View Post
It seems straightforward to me. She lied. She admitted she lied. She was convicted of lying. The lies resulted in more than $350K in expenses in the search for the missing child Casey lied about. FL allows for recovering expenses for bogus claims.
What gave you the impression they wouldn't counter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalberston View Post
For real, everyone needs to leave beautiful Casey alone. She is innocent and society needs to repay her for all her troubles.

I truly believe in reparations and this is a perfect time for society to repay this women financially.
Stop it Cindy!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 05:09 PM

16,408 posts, read 29,083,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Baez's 15 minutes of fame ... it doesn’t seem like that long ago that he could walk in total anonymity. No one knew his name or occupation. Then in 2008 he took on Casey Anthony as a client.

Anthony is not a client Baez would have normally defended. “My practice is predominately Hispanic,” he told the Hispanic National Bar Association conference in Dallas. “I just happened to become famous by representing a white client.”

For now, Baez says he wants to go back to his old life. He hopes that the anger aimed his way subsides.

La Voz Bilingüe - News & entertainment for Hispanics in Denver, Colorado - Noticias para Hispanos en Denver Colorado
Fat chance, Baez.

Old 09-08-2011, 05:28 PM

9,931 posts, read 9,371,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Fat chance, Baez.

My sentiments exactly!!!

You got that part 'representing a white client' ... he must be a racist too.

Casey, I will take your case even if you are white.

Old 09-12-2011, 09:40 PM

9,931 posts, read 9,371,366 times
Anthony's defense team has filed a new legal brief, supporting its position that Anthony should not be made to pay more than $500,000 in prosecution and investigative costs.

Lisabeth Fryer filed the six page brief today. Judge Perry will rule on the cost issue before September 22.

Casey Anthony: $500,000 in prosecution and investigative costs. - OrlandoSentinel.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or