U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2011, 10:02 AM

10,614 posts, read 13,151,434 times

Advertisements

The crook was dressed as GUMBY! Terrifying! Nice to see a comical story as opposed to the horrors we hear daily.

Robber dressed as Gumby laughed out of store - US news - Weird news - msnbc.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2011, 04:49 PM

1,617 posts, read 2,465,922 times
I must tell you, I truly appreciate this link.....thanks for sending it along!

Old 09-10-2011, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmaple View Post
I must tell you, I truly appreciate this link.....thanks for sending it along!
Your welcome! Of all the wacky costumes to use. What was this person thinking?

Old 09-10-2011, 10:36 AM

1,617 posts, read 2,465,922 times
Well, I suspect that this extremely clever and brainiac person thought the disguise would hide his weight? his hair and eye color? AND, perhaps he / she thought that the teller would be so stunned and scared that he/she would turn over everything. This one is sort of similar, at least on the scale of brilliant robbers [1-10] of the disguised robber who handed the teller a demand note..[paraphrasing]...give me all your money or I will ..." and the teller did AND by the time the robber got back home, the police were waiting for him...
and why you may ask [smile]...because the note was on engraved stationary...not bad for a day's work...well, a brief day's work for the robber, shorter day for the police ... that one really made me question someone's sanity.

Old 09-14-2011, 02:03 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,305,263 times
Gumby Gives Up ... police impound his costume.

Jacob Kiss, 19, along with his co-conspirator Jason Giramma, 19, surrendered Tuesday. I wonder why Jason Giramma didn't have on a Mr Bill, Mr Bill costume.

Rest easy San Diego ... your streets and 7 Eleven Stores are safe once again ... Gumby has been captured!

Gumby gives up; Police keep the suit | SignOnSanDiego.com

Old 09-15-2011, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Gumby Gives Up ... police impound his costume.

Jacob Kiss, 19, along with his co-conspirator Jason Giramma, 19, surrendered Tuesday. I wonder why Jason Giramma didn't have on a Mr Bill, Mr Bill costume.

Rest easy San Diego ... your streets and 7 Eleven Stores are safe once again ... Gumby has been captured!

Gumby gives up; Police keep the suit | SignOnSanDiego.com
This line about Gumby being captured is hilarious. What a wacky true crime story! Whats next? Maybe the creepy Burger King mascot!

Old 09-18-2011, 03:45 AM

22,740 posts, read 16,830,942 times
What a douche.

This line from the article linked above is cracking me up:

"He then walked over to the register, put his gloved hands down and leaned his wedge-shaped head over the counter."

hahahahahhahahaa!

Alright, had my laugh for the night, time for bed. Thanks for sharing the Gumby story, OP and the poster who had the follow up. Restores my faith that yes, actually, humans CAN get dumber than you think possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime