U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 06:27 PM

13,900 posts, read 10,784,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
"Weak minded individual"???

REALLY?

I knew that one would get a rise out of someone. Uh oh, I suppose you will accuse me of being a troll?

And yes, anyone who would be bothered by what someone had to say about them over the internet is, IMHO, weak minded.
{ especialy someone who would be bothered to the extent of killing themselves over it }

You could call me every name in the book and I couldn't care less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2011, 06:31 PM

28,206 posts, read 20,741,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I knew that one would get a rise out of someone. Uh oh, I suppose you will accuse me of being a troll?

And yes, anyone who would be bothered by what someone had to say about them over the internet is, IMHO, weak minded.
{ especialy someone who would be bothered to the extent of killing themselves over it }

You could call me every name in the book and I couldn't care less.

LOL Ok.

Nanny nanny booboo right back at you!

Referring to mentally unstable individuals as weak minded is not only rude, but very incorrect as well.

But keep those fingers firmly stuck in your ears! Wouldn't want to learn anything, now would ya?

Old 09-25-2011, 06:36 PM

Quote:
LOL Ok.

Nanny nanny booboo right back at you!

Referring to mentally unstable individuals as weak minded is not only rude, but very incorrect as well.

But keep those fingers firmly stuck in your ears! Wouldn't want to learn anything, now would ya?
I didn't even know she was mentaly unstable when I made the comment. I skimmed the article, I didn't read it at length.

Finding out that she was though doesn't change my opinion.

Old 09-25-2011, 07:04 PM

1,677 posts, read 2,058,240 times
Quote:
I didn't even know she was mentaly unstable when I made the comment. I skimmed the article, I didn't read it at length.

Wow....

Mentally ill people are not weak. They are sick. They didn't choose their illness and it sure doesn't look like they enjoy it. A person with cancer isn't weak for getting cancer anymore than a person with mental health issues is weak minded. That implies they have a choice in their illness, which they don't.

The woman who tormented Megan Meier KNEW she had problems and used that against her. Maybe she didn't put the rope around her neck, but she figuratively handed it to her. Telling a mentally ill child "the world would be a better place without you?" Nothing but wrong.

And btw, you didn't get a rise out of me...just think you are terribly misinformed about mental illness.

Old 09-25-2011, 07:51 PM

Whipper,

You did get a rise out of me because it's attitudes like yours that contribute to the stigma surrounding mental illness.

I'm sick of ignorant, incorrect statements re: mental health issues.

Old 09-25-2011, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNomus View Post
Wow....

Mentally ill people are not weak. They are sick. They didn't choose their illness and it sure doesn't look like they enjoy it. A person with cancer isn't weak for getting cancer anymore than a person with mental health issues is weak minded. That implies they have a choice in their illness, which they don't.

The woman who tormented Megan Meier KNEW she had problems and used that against her. Maybe she didn't put the rope around her neck, but she figuratively handed it to her. Telling a mentally ill child "the world would be a better place without you?" Nothing but wrong.

And btw, you didn't get a rise out of me...just think you are terribly misinformed about mental illness.

Quote:
Whipper,

You did get a rise out of me because it's attitudes like yours that contribute to the stigma surrounding mental illness.

I'm sick of ignorant, incorrect statements re: mental health issues.
I think you both had better go back and read my posts on the last page or two. I repeat, I DID NOT call her weak minded because she was mentaly ill and when I made the statement about her being weak minded, I DID NOT know she was mentaly ill. I called her weak minded based on the fact that insulting internet posts made her kill herself.

And, the fact that she WAS mentaly ill only proves my point about "other factors being at play"

AS I said, I don't believe that anyone has ever killed themselves for the sole reason of "cyber-bullying". There is always "other factors at play"

Old 09-25-2011, 11:14 PM

1,677 posts, read 2,058,240 times
Quote:
I think you both had better go back and read my posts on the last page or two. I repeat, I DID NOT call her weak minded because she was mentaly ill and when I made the statement about her being weak minded, I DID NOT know she was mentaly ill. I called her weak minded based on the fact that insulting internet posts made her kill herself.

And, the fact that she WAS mentaly ill only proves my point about "other factors being at play"

AS I said, I don't believe that anyone has ever killed themselves for the sole reason of "cyber-bullying". There is always "other factors at play"
I did go back and reread them, just in case I misunderstood. You did state that you did not know she was mentally unstable when you referred to her as weak minded, but then also went on to say that knowing that did not change your opinion. Insulting posts on the internet alone did not make her kill herself. It was a combination of the bullying and her mental state that caused that, and the person who was bullying her KNEW her mental state and preyed upon that.

Isn't that how bullies work anyway? They pick the most vulnerable victims, someone who is already shy, insecure, or unstable. They are not going to torment someone who will fight back, stand up to them or kick their ass. Some people are not as strong and tough as others. You and I may be able to withstand bullying and nasty comments, but some people can't...and bullies pick the ones who can't. But I don't blame the victim, who is who he or she is....I blame the bully.

Old 09-26-2011, 04:37 AM

Quote:

Um, you did say that finding out she was mentally ill did not change your mind about her being weak minded.

Old 09-26-2011, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNomus View Post
I did go back and reread them, just in case I misunderstood. You did state that you did not know she was mentally unstable when you referred to her as weak minded, but then also went on to say that knowing that did not change your opinion. Insulting posts on the internet alone did not make her kill herself. It was a combination of the bullying and her mental state that caused that, and the person who was bullying her KNEW her mental state and preyed upon that.
The women was aquitted from what I understand, so obviously the courts agree with me when I say that people should have enough will power to choose what they subject themselves to and that parents should have a tighter reign on their kids activities, let alone internet activity.

Quote:
Um, you did say that finding out she was mentally ill did not change your mind about her being weak minded.

Um, right! Because it dodn't! That doesn't mean I was calling her weak minded because she was mentaly ill.

Old 09-26-2011, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper 88 View Post

um, right! Because it dodn't! That doesn't mean i was calling her weak minded because she was mentaly ill.

huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or