U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 04:43 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,382,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
It was a very unfun childhood, let's just put it that way.

As WhipperSnapper said, I'm old enough that I was a child when parents were still worth a damn. I hated it when I was a kid but they knew where I was, what I was doing, etc.

Everything was pretty regimented growing up. And I mean everything...from what I got to eat for breakfast to when I got to have my last drink of water for the night. Strict! Beyond strict.

But, as sucky as that was, I was a naive mofo back then and they saved me from getting in to situations that I saw my peers getting in to.

Hell, they even knew I smoked long before I ever knew they did. And that was when I had like one cigarette a month when I went to the movies to hang out with friends.

They knew every. fricken. thing.

Um, sorry if I missed it but did you have older siblings? Parents sometimes use them to keep track of the younger ones or they snitch them out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2011, 05:56 PM

13,900 posts, read 10,825,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantthinkofaname View Post
LOL yes the certainly would. But the difference to me is when it's done to a child, young person and when pictures, real names, sometimes a known address of that person. With adults is different we know to choose the ignore and get to a moderator to help bring some peace and open communication to better understanding each other. We don't have to go to work and be outcast like the children at School are because of internet bullying.

Here at CD we don't go around, well, not that I know of, posting pictures of each other on other sites and degrade them for everyone to see. Here we are more annonymous as far as our true identity, which we should all have, but what happened to the family of the dead girl was way out of line. We don't dehumanize a dead girl just to torture her family who loved her. I truly can understand why, how it would be extremely difficult to not look at what was being said on a public internet site about their child. No one should be permitted to get away with that. I do agree going to the moderators/owners of that site would be the first choice to stopping it not the PD. I have to re-read the article I can't remember now if the troller owned the site or not.

I missed Harry's Law I couldn't find it on my TV to record it. I keep trying to find that one episode online but they won't show it all, not yet anyway. I'll have to wait for Hulu to get it in full episodes.
Check out NBC.com, I cant imagine them not having it.

Old 01-05-2012, 06:48 AM

16,023 posts, read 19,788,233 times
They must have a special place in hell for people that would do these horrible things!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or