U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 06:40 PM

28,206 posts, read 20,762,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I know this may be difficult to believe...but yes, they did. Even things I thought they didn't know. They knew. I found out they knew...when I got grounded for it.
That's creepy. How did they know EVERYTHING you did?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2011, 06:45 PM

13,900 posts, read 10,794,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I know for a fact that most PDs take internet stalking, harassment, etc pretty seriously. I'm glad they do. They have the same detrimental effects as other types of predatory behaviors.
Well, the next time you have to deal with a troll on here go report it to the police, and come back and let me know what they said.

Old 09-19-2011, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Well, the next time you have to deal with a troll on here go report it to the police, and come back and let me know what they said.
What kind of response is that? I know for a fact that internet crimes are taken seriously when warranted. As in the OP.

Old 09-19-2011, 07:07 PM

Quote:
What kind of response is that? I know for a fact that internet crimes are taken seriously when warranted. As in the OP.

Well like I said, let me know what they say when you tell them somone is trolling you on City-Data Forums.

Old 09-19-2011, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Well like I said, let me know what they say when you tell them somone is trolling you on City-Data Forums.
Again, what kind of response is that? I've already said several times that PDs do take these sorts of claims seriously and I believe they should.

Sooooooo. Yeah.

Old 09-19-2011, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Again, what kind of response is that? I've already said several times that PDs do take these sorts of claims seriously and I believe they should.

Sooooooo. Yeah.
And as I said.......... oh forget it.

Do you honestly think that the police would do ANYTHING if you called and said, "hey, somones harassing me on this this forum that I post on" {?????}

Old 09-20-2011, 06:33 AM

9,536 posts, read 4,876,259 times
Quote:
You've tried to distinguish between harassing someone in their home vs. on a memorial site, facebook. You should see the difference between a 'troll' on c-d vs. harassment on memorial sites, facebook.

Maybe not every pd across the country take reports of cyber harassment or bullying seriously, but these days most do.

Old 09-20-2011, 06:33 AM

Quote:
And as I said.......... oh forget it.

Do you honestly think that the police would do ANYTHING if you called and said, "hey, somones harassing me on this this forum that I post on" {?????}
Yes, I do because I know a woman who experienced this on another forum. She was receiving death threats, nasty disgusting PMs, etc. The cops DID investigate and the person was charged.

I know that upsets you greatly, but this woman was very grateful that she was taken seriously. As am I.

Old 09-20-2011, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Yes, I do because I know a woman who experienced this on another forum. She was receiving death threats, nasty disgusting PMs, etc. The cops DID investigate and the person was charged.

I know that upsets you greatly, but this woman was very grateful that she was taken seriously. As am I.
Death threats are an entirely different matter. If there are actual physical threats being made against someone, then by all means, something should be done about that. If the troll is threatening to take it further than the internet and bring it out into the real world, then I can see. As far as being called names or being talked about in a negative way, yeah, deal with it yourself.

I think I would be embarassed to walk into my police station and ask them to take valuable time out of their schedules { time that could be spent investigating REAL crimes and taking REAL criminals off the streets } to investigate some troll that called me names or wouldn't leave me alone on the internet.

Old 09-20-2011, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Death threats are an entirely different matter. If there are actual physical threats being made against someone, then by all means, something should be done about that. If the troll is threatening to take it further than the internet and bring it out into the real world, then I can see. As far as being called names or being talked about in a negative way, yeah, deal with it yourself.

I think I would be embarassed to walk into my police station and ask them to take valuable time out of their schedules { time that could be spent investigating REAL crimes and taking REAL criminals off the streets } to investigate some troll that called me names or wouldn't leave me alone on the internet.
I wouldn't be embarrassed since I am not doing anything wrong.

Again, if a person is being so threatening/harassing as to curb someone else's behavior it crosses the line and needs to be dealt with.

It wasn't just death threats either. There were very graphic, disgusting personal attacks, sexual innuendo, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or