U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 07:42 AM

2,037 posts, read 2,556,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Maybe he didn't kill her? What about selling her into sex slavery?

He claims she drowned in the water accidently, doesn't have to worry about her body floating to shore, shes gone.

He profits from her sale. The insurance monies just icing on the cake.
lol...you have been watching too many tv shows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2011, 08:35 AM

43,858 posts, read 44,629,006 times
Unless his client can lie as well as Casey and he finds a jury as stupid as the ones he had.....I don't really think he a good enough attorney to get anyone off.

BTW Virgode, I couldn't rep you again....but Lord I loved that cartoon you posted on page one of this thread!
I'm making a copy and taking it to work. The newspaper folks will love this one!

Old 12-02-2011, 11:29 AM

16,085 posts, read 23,917,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
lol...you have been watching too many tv shows.
I'm serious. Missing Natalee Holloway too.

Money is a huge motivator. Human trafficking and sex slavery is a growing problem.

Old 12-02-2011, 12:43 PM

507 posts, read 1,331,727 times
Baez is a huge turd imo -- the fact that Giordano is using him just shows that Giordano isn't that smart. Baez will forever be the face of the person who got Caylee's killer off. He is a pig of epic proportion. I never want to hear another word come out of that man's mouth.

That aside, I've been wondering if Robyn and Giordano set up a scam together to get insurance money? I don't think Robyn is part of any sex slave stuff, she is a smart and savy woman, but I just get the feeling she is still alive.

I might be wrong. I hope I am not.

Old 12-02-2011, 01:05 PM

16,085 posts, read 23,917,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrainOfSalt View Post
Baez is a huge turd imo -- the fact that Giordano is using him just shows that Giordano isn't that smart. Baez will forever be the face of the person who got Caylee's killer off. He is a pig of epic proportion. I never want to hear another word come out of that man's mouth.

That aside, I've been wondering if Robyn and Giordano set up a scam together to get insurance money? I don't think Robyn is part of any sex slave stuff, she is a smart and savy woman, but I just get the feeling she is still alive.
With all the missing people in this country, its difficult to believe they're all in a swamp somewhere.

So, you never know. Giordanos motive, whether Robyn Gardner is dead or alive is money.

Old 12-02-2011, 02:22 PM

1,480 posts, read 4,483,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
I wonder if Giordano will be able to collect the million dollar insurance policy he took out on Gardner before their trip.
The only way you can take out an insurance policy on someone else is by "proving an insurable interest in the person’s life... Meaning you would have to demonstrate how the loss of this person’s life would have a direct negative effect on your financial well-being". If he was able to get a policy and she died, then he should collect the insurance... $1.5 million... that dirty scum bag...

Can I Buy Life Insurance For Someone Else? | The Truth About Insurance.com

But if his story is that she just washed out to sea, then even he can't say for sure that she is in fact dead. Maybe she's a really good swimmer and swam to Portugal! I would imagine the insurance company's lawyers could find a way out of paying it. It'll be interesting to see.

Old 12-02-2011, 02:33 PM

1,480 posts, read 4,483,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrainOfSalt View Post
Right?! Baez is not even a good attorney! He didn't really get Caylee's killer off. The prosecution failed to convict her. None the less, I don't know how the man sleeps at night.

This is exactly why Baez represented Anthony for little or no money - to become a celebrity and bag a client like Giordano who will pay.

Old 12-02-2011, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern Roamer View Post
The only way you can take out an insurance policy on someone else is by "proving an insurable interest in the person’s life... Meaning you would have to demonstrate how the loss of this person’s life would have a direct negative effect on your financial well-being". If he was able to get a policy and she died, then he should collect the insurance... $1.5 million... that dirty scum bag...

Can I Buy Life Insurance For Someone Else? | The Truth About Insurance.com

But if his story is that she just washed out to sea, then even he can't say for sure that she is in fact dead. Maybe she's a really good swimmer and swam to Portugal! I would imagine the insurance company's lawyers could find a way out of paying it. It'll be interesting to see.
Wrong. The policy on most travel plans state that if a person is lost at sea and does not surface for one year the person is presumed dead; thus, he will collect.

Remember that Aruba spent more than their entire justice dept budget on this investigation(how I dont know)--choppers, divers, forensic personnel-- and the US DOJ lent some tech assistance. They have nothing on the guy.

Last edited by Datafeed; 12-02-2011 at 04:18 PM..

Old 12-02-2011, 05:00 PM

The more I think about this the more I believe this was the perfect crime of opportunity.

Gioodiano is clearly a psychopath with a profound coldness for the plight of Garnder. His constant referral to her as a "travel companion" is codespeak for "sum broad that he took on vacation to bang."

Normal men do not have travel companions nor refer to women in such a fashion. He has no respect for her which is evinced by his past behavior with other women and his verbiage and body language he has employed on the nightline interview last night.

Gardner is a lying, desperate, immoral borderline prostitute. Giordiano is a manipulative, unemphatic, psychopathic (in the clinical sense of the word) jerk. This was neither of their first rodeos.

Giordiano has done this before with women he met on sugar daddy sites and has taken out travel insurance before. Yes, it's true. The polices are actually joint policies for the package tour and it's not as nefarious as it seems. The policy included: trip cancellation, illness, accident, and life. It was not simply a 1.5 Mil life insurance policy. As Giordiano, footed the bill for the trip, it makes sense that if Gardyner flaked he would be reimbursed for this. These trips costs lots of money.

These types of trips never go smoothly.

How do I know? Because I do this myself. Not hurt women but have travel companions.

The man thinks the woman is a ***** and treats her as such and the woman tries to retain her self respect and act like she isn't. The man pays and feels he should get what he wants. After all, what decent woman would hop on plane with a man she barely knows with her bf at home?

I once took two women to an island and they promised me--before I met---that they would each service me once a day and together at night. The girls vividly described how they would perform tag team fellatio on me before I bought their tickets.

Well once they arrived they wanted to go shopping, copped an attitude, and one was even on her period. It wasn't the deal that we agreed to and I felt like I had wasted 5,000 on the vacation. One day we rented a boat. I did not want to but they promised me crazy sex on the boat and in the water if I did.

I rented the boat and drove it around and asked for the girls to perform. They did for five minutes then just went swimming. They were drinking and one of them said something to me like I had been suckered and there was nothing I could do about it.

At that moment a big wave came and I almost took off in the boat and left them there. This was my initial thought, but I thought of my little sister (and also thought what cheap woman does such a thing), and did not drive away.

If I had driven away i could have easily claimed that they were drunk, feel overboard, and I could not find them when I went back and went to shore to get some help.

I think he took her swimming, a flash current came, and he let her drown.

This guy is very smart. He may have even thought of the insurance policy as she fought the waves and correlated it with a cool 1.5 million. Afterall, he did not do anything to kill her.

His alibi is perfectly plausible--we went swimming and lost her. His story was not perfect, but as any smart person knows, the justice system is about facts and a narrative..not truth.

He recognized on the spot that his story could not be refuted and gained enough composure not to fall for the tricks and lies the cops use to entice a confession.

Jail is very scary initially, but once one understands that as long as one sticks to the story and does not get rattled one will be released in a few months with 1.5 Million, fortitude and logic will prevail.

Remember, also, that he lawyered up before his incarceration. I am sure the attorney's advice was sound.

Last edited by Datafeed; 12-02-2011 at 05:42 PM..

Old 12-02-2011, 05:17 PM

6,589 posts, read 6,832,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
The more I think about this the more I believe this was the perfect crime of opportunity.

Gioodiano is clearly a psychopath with a profound coldness for the plight of Garnder. His constant referral to her as a "travel companion" is codespeak for "sum broad that he took on vacation to bang."

Normal men do not have travel companions nor refer to women in such a fashion. He has no respect for her which is evinced by his past behavior with other women and his verbiage and body language he has employed on the nightline interview last night.

Gardner is a lying, desperate, immoral borderline prostitute. Giordiano is a manipulative, unemphatic, psychopathic (in the clinical sense of the word) jerk. This was neither of their first rodeos.

Giordiano has done this before with women he met on sugar daddy sites and has taken out travel insurance before. Yes, it's true. The polices are actually joint policies for the package tour and it's not as nefarious as it seems. The policy included: trip cancellation, illness, accident, and life. It was not simply a 1.5 Mil life insurance policy. As Giordiano, footed the bill for the trip, it makes sense that if Gardyner flaked he would be reimbursed for this. These trips costs lots of money.

These types of trips never go smoothly.

How do I know? Because I do this myself. Not hurt women but have travel companions.

The man thinks the woman is a ***** and treats her as such and the woman tries to retain her self respect and act like she isn't. The man pays and feels he should get what she wants. After all, what decent woman would hop on plane with a man she barely knows with her bf at home?

I once took two women to an island and they promised me--before I met---that they would each service me once a day and together at night. The girls vividly described how they would perform tag team fellatio on me before I bought their tickets.

Well once they arrived they wanted to go shopping, copped an attitude, and one was even on her period. It wasn't the deal that we agreed to and I felt like I had wasted 5,000 on the vacation. One day we rented a boat. I did not want to but they promised me crazy sex on the boat and in the water if I did.

I rented the boat and drove it around and asked for the girls to perform. They did for five minutes then just went swimming. They were drinking and one of them said something to me like I had been suckered and there was nothing I could do about it.

At that moment a big wave came and I almost took off in the boat and left them there. This was my initial thought, but I thought of my little sister (and also thought what cheap woman does such a thing), and did not drive away.

If I had driven away i could have easily claimed that they were drunk, feel overboard, and I could not find them when I went back and went to shore to get some help.

I think he took her swimming, a flash current came, and he let her drown.

This guy is very smart. He may have even thought of the insurance policy as she fought the waves and correlated it with a cool 1.5 million. Afterall, he did not do anything to kill her.

His alibi is perfectly plausible--we went swimming and lost her. His story was not perfect, but as any smart person knows, the justice system is about facts and a narrative..not truth.

He recognized on the spot that his story could not be refuted and gained enough composure not to fall for the tricks and lies the cops use to entice a confession.

Jail is very scary initially, but once one understands that as long as one sticks to the story and does not get rattled one will be released in a few months with 1.5 Million, fortitude and logic will prevail.

Remember, also, that he had lawyered up before his incarceration. I am sure the attorney's advice was sound.
Very interesting post?Could be a crime of opportunity...not my theory but it has merit...just was a dumb move to notify the insurance company within hours of Robyn going missing...Murder 101 is don't draw attention to oneself! I think if the body doesn't show up he walks...not so sure if his attorney is going to advise him to go after the insurance money though!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or