U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 05:58 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,305,263 times

Advertisements

On September 12, according to a Hendersonville TN Police, 25 year old Lindsey Lowe gave birth to her first son sometime between 9:30 p.m. and 10 p.m. on a toilet in a bathroom of her parents' home.

Police: Hendersonville woman admits to killing her newborn twins | The Tennessean | tennessean.com

Lowe told detectives the baby was crying and she did not want her parents, who were unaware she was pregnant, to hear.

Lowe reported she placed her bare hand over the child's mouth and held it there until the baby fell silent and died.

A few minutes later, Lowe told authorities she gave birth to a second child in a similar manner.

Again, Lowe said the baby was crying so she put her hand over the baby's mouth and kept it there for several minutes until the child died. Lowe bragged that the second child died quicker than the first as she smothered it in the toilet.

Both babies were full term weighing between five and six pounds. Lowe dumped the bodies of the twins in a clothes basket in her bedroom and covered the basket with a blanket ... then went on about her business including working at a local pediatric dental office.

Two days later Lowe's dad called police to report he'd discovered a newborn baby dead in a basket in his daughter's room. It was later discovered there were two bodies in the basket.

A judge granted bail to Lindsey Lowe yesterday, $250,000. Her lawyer and the judge believe the amount is low, but in her defense they claim that she isn't a danger to the public. She is charged with two counts of first degree murder!

More than 100 people showed up to support Lowe in court Monday as the judge ruled she could be released on bond. "Lindsey is a model daughter and we love her very much. She is as good as it gets," said Mark Lowe her father. Who was there to defend the newborn twin boys from the hands of this woman??

A 25 year old female living with her parents, working each day and NO ONE can see she is pregnant and with twins!!!

Bond Set For Mother Accused Of Killing Infant Twins - NewsChannel5.com | Nashville News, Weather & Sports
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2011, 12:25 PM

13,900 posts, read 10,788,054 times
I heard about this. People are just stupid. Did she honestly think nobody would ever find those babies in the laundry basket? Makes me think some people just want to get caught.

I can't even imagine the horror that must have been going through the mothers mind when she discovered those babies.

Old 09-21-2011, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I heard about this. People are just stupid. Did she honestly think nobody would ever find those babies in the laundry basket? Makes me think some people just want to get caught.

I can't even imagine the horror that must have been going through the mothers mind when she discovered those babies.
I can't understand these females living with parents and the parent not noticing a pregnancy ... this one was carrying twins. People seem to just live in their own little worlds.

How in the name of goodness can a woman pop out a baby over the toilet and smother it to death ... then a second one too. She didn't even check the sex of the two babies.

Pure evil!

Old 09-21-2011, 03:47 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,722,131 times
Interesting, that her Father turned her in. I am wondering, if that happened in some families, if the parents would just dispose of the evidence, rather than report it to the authorities. After all, who would have known if he had not turned her in?

Old 09-22-2011, 12:42 PM

13,900 posts, read 10,788,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Interesting, that her Father turned her in. I am wondering, if that happened in some families, if the parents would just dispose of the evidence, rather than report it to the authorities. After all, who would have known if he had not turned her in?
That just shows you how stupid this girl is. Apparently, nobody knew she was pregnant, so who would have known if she had put these infants in the middle of some woods somewhere?

Old 09-22-2011, 04:03 PM

Quote:
After what the Anthonys put us through ... I am sure there are moms and pops out there that would have disposed of the bodies and continued on their merry way.

I raised two daughters and we loved to shop ... shop til we dropped together. I would have noticed any drastic physical changes in their bodies. Of course when my daughters were 25 they were educated and out living on their own.

Old 09-23-2011, 10:52 AM

7,112 posts, read 9,349,377 times
Amazing. It reminds me of that woman in France who turned out recently to have had EIGHT babies without her husband's knowledge, and killed them and salted them away in the shrubbery because she didn't want any more kids. They found little skeletons all over the back yard. She was too fat for it to be noticeable when she was pregnant, but how in the FUNK do you give birth without your husband and 2 kids noticing? Eight times!?!?!?!?

Old 09-25-2011, 03:22 PM

56,085 posts, read 54,581,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post

A few years ago here in NJ, some teenage boy killed his mother because she was nagging him to do his homework. Neighbors got concerned when they didn't see the mother for a few days and I guess they knew the son had issues, so they called the cops.

The kid had put his mother under a pile of clothes in his bedroom and then put his TV on top of the clothes.

Old 09-25-2011, 03:25 PM

56,085 posts, read 54,581,442 times
Quote:
Makes you wonder how many have done something like this and never were found out.

There was a teenage pair in Wyckoff, NJ, a few years back--mostly made the news because they were from affluent families in wealthy towns, where things like that aren't supposed to happen--the girl hid her pregnancy, and when she went into labor, she called the boyfriend and they went to a motel where she delivered. Then he put the baby into a Dumpster and let it die. The only way they got caught is that she never passed the afterbirth and neither had the sense to know that. She went back to school and started bleeding and collapsed.

Old 09-26-2011, 02:02 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,722,131 times
I often wonder about the family dynamic of women/girls, who hide their pregnancies, and kill their infants...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime