Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you in favor of the death penalty for a person convicted of murder?
For 52 66.67%
Against 22 28.21%
Don't Know 3 3.85%
Don't Care 1 1.28%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 12:41 PM

405 posts, read 1,277,633 times

Advertisements

Depends on the method of execution.
I think the gas chamber or electric chair are ineffective.
I would prefer slow drowning or burned at the stake.
Maybe stake them to a hill of angry african fire ants
or throw them into a pit of hungry alligators.
Much more of a detaurant for future criminals I think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2011, 02:03 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,943,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM1258 View Post
Depends on the method of execution.
I think the gas chamber or electric chair are ineffective.
I would prefer slow drowning or burned at the stake.
Maybe stake them to a hill of angry african fire ants
or throw them into a pit of hungry alligators.
Much more of a detaurant for future criminals I think.
My feelings on child molesters, evil people that kill babies and little children is ... castration and public hanging by the neck until dead or firing squad with public viewing and I do not mean 20 years after the fact. I want swift, painful, public humiliation and punishment.

Public humiliation wouldn't bother them but it may cut down on future crimes of this nature. This method would definitely make other predators take notice and see that we mean business. Leave the babies and little children alone.

How in the name of all that's holy can anyone kill or molest a baby or child.

Old 12-27-2011, 02:07 PM

1,707 posts, read 6,201,902 times
I am 100,000% FOR the death penalty without hesitation.

In fact, upon conviction, I believe the family of the victim should be able to dream up the worst, most painful type of slow death imaginable... and it should be faithfully executed immediately according to their wishes (Even though a slow excruciatingly painful death is too good for them).

I am proud to live in a state that has no qualms about killing those who need killing. I'm only embarrassed by our lack of swiftness.

Old 12-27-2011, 02:36 PM

18,837 posts, read 37,284,946 times
I am good with throwing them in a gator pond. Those CT killers, and now, the guy in Indiana... I have no issues with making sure those guys get the maximum penalty available. Too bad they will only get a needle.

Old 12-27-2011, 09:47 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,870,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
I followed Troy Davis execution in Georgia yesterday.

At 6 PM yesterday Lawrence Brewer was executed in Texas. No Amnesty International there ... Democracy Now not present in Texas ... People of Faith Against the Death Penalty not there ... groups against the death penalty cannot pick and choose which death to sensationalize.
Oh my.....how long before we are "following" death penalties on Facebook or Twitter? No offense to you personaly CW, just your phrasing made that pop into my head for some reason.

You poll was far too "black and white" for me to vote.

Old 12-27-2011, 10:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,147 times
Default Against Crimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNomus View Post
There are some crimes that are so tremendously atrocious, I am 100% for it. But I think it should only be applied in those extreme cases. In a case where there is any doubt whatsoever about the defendant's guilt, any missteps in the legal process at all, it should NOT be applied.

I am totally agree with Mr. AnnaNomus some crimes that are so tremendously atrocious, I am also 100% for it.

Old 12-28-2011, 01:23 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,943,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Oh my.....how long before we are "following" death penalties on Facebook or Twitter? No offense to you personaly CW, just your phrasing made that pop into my head for some reason.

You poll was far too "black and white" for me to vote.
None taken!

I would be lost if it came to Twitter or Facebook ... I don't do either ... stuck in the 20th century.

I have found people are either for the death penalty or against it. These groups that handpick special cases and protest ...they raise a ruckus but only for a chosen few. Yes all executions have the small group protesting but not like the larger organized groups.

In most cases the inmate being executed has become the victim and the person dead, the real victim, is forgotten.

Old 12-28-2011, 01:47 AM

3,437 posts, read 6,065,041 times
For those that are against the Death Penalty(I am for it in limited cases), how about this; the person convicted spends 23-1/2 hours a day in a 10x10x10 cell with a bed, table, chair, sink and a toilet, NO TV, NO radio, NO cd/tape player, they can have any books they want(two at a time), the 1/2 hour a day will be used for showering, shaving, etc.. Lights are ON from 6am until 10pm, off the rest of the day, they have NO control of this.
NO exercise rooms either.

They can have visitors, one day a month, for one hour, NO sex allowed.

There will be NO contact with other prisoners.

Old 12-28-2011, 02:05 AM

14,520 posts, read 8,748,404 times
Default Are you in favor of the death penalty for a person convicted of murder?

I voted against the death penalty in the poll. But it disturbs me very much that many times a murder conviction does not earn the "Life without possibility of parole" sentence, which is what I believe should be given to all murderers

There are so many things wrong with the current judicial system; Inadequate sentencing, endless appeals process, outrageous plea bargaining etc. Makes my brain hurt to think about it all.

In my opinion, anyone convicted of 1st degree murder (with DNA confirmation) should be incarcerated for life under strict and severe conditions: no TV, no internet, minimal contact with anyone. Allow only one or two appeals.

If a life sentence such as this were really maintained, over time I believe the punishment would become a deterrent. Probably a whole generation of offenders would have to have endured this justified treatment before society would begin to change in response.

Old 12-28-2011, 02:15 AM

3,437 posts, read 6,065,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrina View Post
In my opinion, anyone convicted of 1st degree murder (with DNA confirmation) should be incarcerated for life under strict and severe conditions: no TV, no internet, minimal contact with anyone. Allow only one or two appeals.
We seem to agree on the living conditions for those convicted of murder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime