U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 08:14 AM

18,680 posts, read 23,320,166 times

Advertisements

Three Wolves In the Snow, I for am so sorry that you had to go through that, and further, I am so glad that that evil woman was not successful in her horrible attempt!

I know you from another sub-forum, and I know that you are furthering your education and are living a successful life. Something tells me that your mother is not doing as well. Being productive and happy in your adult life is the best revenge. God in due time will take care of her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2011, 08:22 AM

Honeycrisp, you are also referring to Gertrude Baniszewski, the torture slayer of 16 year old Sylvia Likens. Several posts back I listed her as #! on my list of Evil Women.

For anyone interested in reading about the case there is a book, "House of Evil" by John Dean.
A movie was also made several years ago, staring Ellen Page as Sylvia, called "An American Crime"

Old 09-28-2011, 04:38 PM

4,907 posts, read 6,132,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
My biological mother.

***** almost killed me.

I'm not even joking.
I am sorry you had to endure that. I hope you found some measure of peace.

Old 09-28-2011, 04:51 PM

3,173 posts, read 3,083,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanna76 View Post
My list of most evil women in history:

1. Belle Gunness
2. Elizabeth Bathory
3. Mary Ann Cotton
4. Judy Buenonano
5. Aileen Wuornos
6. Velma Barfield
7. Marie Hilley
8. Sante Kimes
9. Karla Holmoka
10. Betty Lou Beets
Casey Anthony, I felt sorry for Aileen Wuornos. I don't excuse what she did but did feel sorry for her.

Old 09-30-2011, 06:45 PM

4,133 posts, read 13,338,958 times
I must have missed that as I didnt recognize the name. Thx for the info

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Honeycrisp, you are also referring to Gertrude Baniszewski, the torture slayer of 16 year old Sylvia Likens. Several posts back I listed her as #! on my list of Evil Women.

For anyone interested in reading about the case there is a book, "House of Evil" by John Dean.
A movie was also made several years ago, staring Ellen Page as Sylvia, called "An American Crime"

Old 10-01-2011, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Casey Anthony, I felt sorry for Aileen Wuornos. I don't excuse what she did but did feel sorry for her.
You know something ? You are the first person I have heard say that and I feel sorry for her, too. She was a very sad and tragic figure to me.

Old 10-02-2011, 12:37 AM

As opposed to all of the others on these lists, Wournos was a woman without agency. She had really no idea how to act on her own behalf to effect positive change in her life. Semmingly, the only commodity she had that would "help: her was sex.
From an early age she did this.
She was mentally ill and not too bright.
I can't say at all that she is an evil person.
She preyed upon "johns", who were, at least in my opinion, breaking the law as much as she was.
Her's was one of those lives that was just meant to go bad.

I feel sorry for her too.

Old 10-02-2011, 01:33 AM

24,894 posts, read 6,205,559 times
Myra Hindley has been mentioned,she died in jail a few years ago. The whole of England
said "good riddance." She had been in jai since the mid 60s. Myra, and her partner Ian
Bradey killed I think, five chidren. They made a tape recording of one of the poor children
begging for mercy as Brady raped her. The little girl kept saying "please let me go, I won't
tell anybody, god help me, mum help me" Hindley told her to "shut up, or I'll hit you." This
poor child was killed like the others, and buried on a moor above the town I lived in at the
time. Her mother had to listen to this tape recording. This tape, played in court, made sure
that Hindley never got out of jail, it was so cold blooded and cruel. May she rot in hell.

Old 10-02-2011, 12:11 PM

One of the worst-

Peggy Edenfield-Christopher Barrios-age 6-Georgia-sodomized, forced to perform oral sex, strangled to death. She stood by and watched (along with other things) while her husband and son abused this child while he kept saying "they were hurting him...". They were monsters. She testified against them........

Old 10-05-2011, 10:55 AM

24,683 posts, read 45,512,050 times
I wouldn't put Aileen Wuornos in with the others...while she could be a cold blooded killer, the way she was degraded.etc did help provoke her, and in some ways some of her murders were really self-defence. I don't believe those who raped her let alone those who just wanted a good time 'had it coming', and of course Wuornos isn't totally innocent of her crimes, but I think at heart she just had it tough and snapped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime