U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2011, 08:46 AM

18,852 posts, read 31,732,472 times

Advertisements

5 NEWS UPDATE: Search Continues for Missing 3 Year Old Girl

Three year-old Aliayah Lunsford went missing from her Bendale home Saturday morning, and ever since, search teams have turned her typically quiet neighborhood upside down in hopes of bringing her home.

This sounds quite strange to me, not alot of information yet, but apparently there is a Step-Father in the home, and other children. The Mother drove the Step-Father to work early in the morning, came home, could not find Aliayah, and drove around for three hours looking for her, ran out of gas in the car, then reported her missing to the authorities. This is what I got out of the report on HLN last night. But there is not alot out on the Internet about this story. Apparently the Mother is currently pregnant with twins.

Did she get out of bed and wander off? They are searching a river by her home.
Did she get taken out of her home by a stranger?
Does someone in the family know what happened to her?

Another child, just dissappears...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2011, 09:24 AM

16,085 posts, read 23,906,055 times
I watched it on Jane Velez Mitchell on HLN.

The story was presented differently. Nothing said about the mother driving the father to work, just they were awake and in the home, when she disappeared.

Cadaver dogs traced her to the river.

Old 09-27-2011, 09:31 AM

2,528 posts, read 5,363,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
5 NEWS UPDATE: Search Continues for Missing 3 Year Old Girl

Three year-old Aliayah Lunsford went missing from her Bendale home Saturday morning, and ever since, search teams have turned her typically quiet neighborhood upside down in hopes of bringing her home.

This sounds quite strange to me, not alot of information yet, but apparently there is a Step-Father in the home, and other children. The Mother drove the Step-Father to work early in the morning, came home, could not find Aliayah, and drove around for three hours looking for her, ran out of gas in the car, then reported her missing to the authorities. This is what I got out of the report on HLN last night. But there is not alot out on the Internet about this story. Apparently the Mother is currently pregnant with twins.

Did she get out of bed and wander off? They are searching a river by her home.
Did she get taken out of her home by a stranger?
Does someone in the family know what happened to her?

Another child, just dissappears...
That's not what happened. I've been following this on another forum.

K-9s, volunteers, police search in West Virginia for 3-year-old girl

(CNN) -- K-9 dogs and hundreds of volunteers have joined authorities in West Virginia to look for a missing 3-year-old girl, but a sheriff's department lieutenant said in the two days since she was last seen that "we haven't come up with anything."
Aliayah Lunsford's mother and 9-year-old sister told police they saw the girl around 6 a.m. Saturday in a bedroom in their home in Weston, West Virginia, located between Charleston and Morgantown. The mother said she returned about three hours later to see the girl -- who had been sick the night before -- and take her temperature, but Aliayah wasn't there, Lewis County Sheriff's Lt. David Parks said Monday.
By that time, the girl's stepfather had already been picked up and left for work. The mother got in her car and drove around looking for the child, at one point running out of gas, said Parks. She called police to report Aliayah missing around 11:30 a.m.
A sheriff's deputy arrived within ten minutes and a larger crew by noon, according to Parks. About a hundred volunteers were on scene by the end of the day, alongside local, state and federal law enforcement agents.
The investigation so far has included search teams diving in a nearby waters, interviews with relatives and neighbors, and a door-to-door search. That's in addition to searches conducted by hundreds of volunteers. A bloodhound dog did detect Aliayah's scent in the vicinity of a nearby river, with a dog handler saying the girl likely had been in the area in the last three to seven days.
"We are still on it right now," said Parks of the search and investigation.

more at link

K-9s, volunteers, police search in West Virginia for 3-year-old girl - CNN.com

You are right, the mother is pregnant w/ twins and also has 5 other children.

Old 09-27-2011, 11:53 AM

7,112 posts, read 9,352,884 times
Man, I hate to point out the obvious, but this looks like a very bad deal.

Old 09-27-2011, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
Man, I hate to point out the obvious, but this looks like a very bad deal.
If you're refering to the family, yeah.

I hate to say this before we know the outcome, but I get the feeling they were trying to downsize.

Old 10-15-2011, 05:06 AM

Aliyah Lunsford still missing
Aliayah Lunsford update 8 October 2011, the suspects |

Mother: At home with the other children. Drives around looking for Aliayah, almost runs out of gas. Calls 911, does the fake crying, breathing, etc. Charged with worthless check, forgery and uttering charges over the years, breaking and entering among other things. She had been know for drug use. Ready to pop out more children at any moment.

STEP-Father: has a history of abuse in his background. charged with multiple counts of domestic battery and assault; burglary and conspiracy. A relative to 2 missing woman from 1999, who have never been found. BUT did work on 24 September 2011, the day that Aliayah

Old 10-15-2011, 07:32 PM

22,765 posts, read 16,841,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
If you're refering to the family, yeah.

I hate to say this before we know the outcome, but I get the feeling they were trying to downsize.
I prefer to use facts and not make judgements but....dang it, sometimes you just can't help it. She was there at 6am but not there at 9am? Ok. Sure. I'll buy that.

Not.

I could be wrong but 5 kids, two more on the way, kid just "walks" away? Really?!?!!?

Old 10-15-2011, 07:35 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,307,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Aliyah Lunsford still missing
Aliayah Lunsford update 8 October 2011, the suspects |

Mother: At home with the other children. Drives around looking for Aliayah, almost runs out of gas. Calls 911, does the fake crying, breathing, etc. Charged with worthless check, forgery and uttering charges over the years, breaking and entering among other things. She had been know for drug use. Ready to pop out more children at any moment.

STEP-Father: has a history of abuse in his background. charged with multiple counts of domestic battery and assault; burglary and conspiracy. A relative to 2 missing woman from 1999, who have never been found. BUT did work on 24 September 2011, the day that Aliayah

The Step-Grandfather is a registered sex offender that served 17 1/2 years in prison ... 3rd Degree Sexual Assault, 2 Counts Incest, 2nd Degree Sexual Assault, 1st Degree Sexual Abuse, and Attempted Incest. He lives 30 miles away so he may have been ruled out.

WV Sex Offender Details (http://www.wvstatepolice.com/sexoff/WebDetails_r07.cfm?OffenderID=195547 - broken link)

This child has been missing since September 24. The FBI said yesterday there is limited hope the child is still alive.

Old 10-17-2011, 08:04 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,732,472 times
Hmm. I can't stand it. What is with our society? They never did find out what happened toHayliegh Cummings either. Another baby "missing" in Missouri, Caylee Anthony, it is just scary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime