U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2011, 02:53 PM

52,095 posts, read 41,911,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novadhd5150 View Post
Well, if this is true then why were Knox and her boyfriend on trial and why was she in jail for 4yrs.
Did the Italian government just want to frame an innocent american?
I have a hard time understanding how people can want to accept the first decision by the italian court but then completely dismiss the follow-up action by the court as being some sort of "racist" thing?

Additionally, prosecutorial misconduct is not strictly an Italian thing....look at the DA in the Duke Lacrosse scandal whom got disbarred for his actions.

This case is an ink-blot test for people with an axe to grind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2011, 02:55 PM

12,478 posts, read 14,978,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Absolutely.

There are real "Amandas" all over the United States who are serving prison terms for crimes that truly did not commit but these women receive no sympathy from these melodramatic nuts who hop from one tragedy (Natalee Holloway) to the next (Casey Anthony) to the next (Amanda Knox) like they are watching some sort if over-the-top network mini-series.

who are you referring to with the name calling? Melodramatic nuts?
Hmmm...................go re-read your own posts.

Old 10-04-2011, 04:40 PM

6,473 posts, read 13,976,284 times
I actually think she probably killed the other girl, but without a video or DNA evidence, how can you put someone in jail? The jury made the right decision. Too bad they don't always do the same in the US. Circumstantial evidence is not enough to say someone is "guilty."

I think the worst thing Amanda did (you know besides the murder) was falsely accuse another person. Luckily he had an alibi or HE would be in jail for life. It still boggles my mind that another human being could be so evil. I was taught not to lie as a child, but after living in the "REAL world" for a while, I see that people lie all the time.

Simply for lying and putting an innocent person's life in jeopardy, she deserves to spend as much time in prison as she wanted to inflict on an innocent person. If she didn't kill anyone...then why try to incriminate an innocent person? Anyway, God will judge her, so I believe she's not getting off scott-free if she really was involved.

If she's a crazy killer then she'll probably strike again...and be put in jail after another life's taken. At any rate, she dodged a bullet this time.

Italian lawyer calls US student Knox a 'she-devil' (http://www.volunteertv.com/international/headlines/Italian_lawyer_calls_US_student_Knox_a_she-devil_130565518.html - broken link)

I totally hope she isn't also a racist, but falsely accusing an innocent black dude? Why??

Luckily for Diya "Patrick" Lumumba, he didn't end up on death row or spending the rest of his life in prison. We don't all get second chances in life, so I hope Amanda uses her second chance to be a better person.

Old 10-04-2011, 05:09 PM

13,900 posts, read 10,808,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Absolutely.

There are real "Amandas" all over the United States who are serving prison terms for crimes that truly did not commit but these women receive no sympathy from these melodramatic nuts who hop from one tragedy (Natalee Holloway) to the next (Casey Anthony) to the next (Amanda Knox) like they are watching some sort if over-the-top network mini-series.
And yet here you are posting about the knox case as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I saw something about the prosecutors being able to appeal or file new charges etc? Interesting that they don't have double jeapordy charges.
How is that interesting? It's an entirely different country with an entirely different judicial make up.

Even if they prosecution does appeal, { which I believe I heard they are going to or already have } The likelyhood of the US sending her back to Italy is slim to none.

Old 10-04-2011, 05:28 PM

28,206 posts, read 20,790,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
Amazing how that is constantly overlooked by racists who say Knox was set free because she's a white female.

His DNA was in the room. He robbed Kercher. He sexually assaulted Kercher. He fled the country. He already has a criminal record. Yet all we hear in the media is Knox and the (flimsy) evidence against her.
Let's not forget that he has been connected in cases with similar evidence as the Kercher case as well.

Old 10-04-2011, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird2007 View Post
I am glad I won't have to see her ugly face on the news anymore.

And she is guilty, she has played the media and won. She was acquitted because of all the media attention this case got.
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
In my estimation, this is the way sane, rational thinking people should view this crime and Amanda Knox.

To see certain women, and some men, appear giddy that she is set free only shows me the mental and emotional shortcomings that are rife within American society.

On what evidence are you basing your statements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I saw something about the prosecutors being able to appeal or file new charges etc? Interesting that they don't have double jeapordy charges.

If, after the appeal, the prosecution "loses", Italy does have a double jeopardy law that will apply.

Old 10-04-2011, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
On what evidence are you basing your statements?
They are basing their evidence on their anger over the Casey Anthony verdict Now they think everyone has to pay

Quote:
If, after the appeal, the prosecution "loses", Italy does have a double jeopardy law that will apply.
I think what the person found interesting is that the prosecution had the ability to appeal at all.

Old 10-04-2011, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
They are basing their evidence on their anger over the Casey Anthony verdict Now they think everyone has to pay
I noticed that myself. It's very frustrating. I even asked, either on this thread or the other, are we going to accuse all people found innocent/acquitted of being the next Casey Anthony? All I heard was crickets. No response.

Quote:
I think what the person found interesting is that the prosecution had the ability to appeal at all.
Gotcha.

Old 10-04-2011, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I noticed that myself. It's very frustrating. I even asked, either on this thread or the other, are we going to accuse all people found innocent/acquitted of being the next Casey Anthony? All I heard was crickets. No response.
All I know is that I wouldn't want to be sitting on trial in this country for a long while after the whole CA fiasco

{ or ever for that matter, but you know what I mean }

Old 10-04-2011, 06:46 PM

52,095 posts, read 41,911,642 times
Quote:
How is that interesting? It's an entirely different country with an entirely different judicial make up.

Even if they prosecution does appeal, { which I believe I heard they are going to or already have } The likelyhood of the US sending her back to Italy is slim to none.
Um, it's interesting because it's a completely different concept to the US system.

Really? Italy is a different country from the US? lol.

Last edited by Mathguy; 10-04-2011 at 07:02 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime