U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2011, 12:21 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,325,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Thank you Nancy Grace....

Nancy Grace calls Knox verdict a 'miscarriage of justice' - Local News - Seattle, WA - msnbc.com (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44790400/ns/local_news-seattle_wa/?GT1=43001 - broken link)

SEATTLE -- Former attorney and TV host Nancy Grace calls the murder acquittal of Amanda Knox a “huge miscarriage of justice.”
Grace made her comments to Access Hollywood following Monday night’s “Dancing with the Stars,” on which she is competing.
“I believe that while Amanda Knox did not wield the knife herself, I think that she was there, with her boyfriend, and that he did the deed, and that she egged him on. That’s what I think happened,” said Grace.
Knox claims she was not there the night of Meredith Kercher's murder in Perugia, Italy in 2007.
Grace went on to say she doesn’t blame people for wanting to believe Knox is innocent, but she claims to have more information about the case than most.
“I’d like to believe it too, I just happen to know the facts,” Grace said.
She added that she would not pay to get an interview with Knox.
Nancy Grace also blatantly stated that the Duke lacrosse players were guilty of gang rape but you were probably thanking her again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2011, 12:28 PM

16,408 posts, read 28,896,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Thank you Nancy Grace....

Nancy Grace calls Knox verdict a 'miscarriage of justice' - Local News - Seattle, WA - msnbc.com (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44790400/ns/local_news-seattle_wa/?GT1=43001 - broken link)

SEATTLE -- Former attorney and TV host Nancy Grace calls the murder acquittal of Amanda Knox a “huge miscarriage of justice.”
Grace made her comments to Access Hollywood following Monday night’s “Dancing with the Stars,” on which she is competing.
“I believe that while Amanda Knox did not wield the knife herself, I think that she was there, with her boyfriend, and that he did the deed, and that she egged him on. That’s what I think happened,” said Grace.
Knox claims she was not there the night of Meredith Kercher's murder in Perugia, Italy in 2007.
Grace went on to say she doesn’t blame people for wanting to believe Knox is innocent, but she claims to have more information about the case than most.
“I’d like to believe it too, I just happen to know the facts,” Grace said.
She added that she would not pay to get an interview with Knox.
This is all I need to know about her credibility. "Competing on Dancing with the Stars." Every two-bit fame-starved hack has been on that show already.

Old 10-08-2011, 11:16 AM

56,099 posts, read 54,581,442 times
Wonder if Amanda Knox is thinking of finishing college now.

Probably isn't interested in another study-abroad program.

Old 10-08-2011, 12:50 PM

15,164 posts, read 13,432,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
This is all I need to know about her credibility. "Competing on Dancing with the Stars." Every two-bit fame-starved hack has been on that show already.
Your opinion only. A lot of very nice people have competed on DWTS.

This season there is a severely burned war vet competing......do you consider him a two-bit-fame-starved hack?

Old 10-09-2011, 01:05 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,305,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Probably isn't interested in another study-abroad program.
I doubt she wants to leave the Sacred Soil of the USA. The news last night said she has invited Raffaele Sollecito to Seattle for a visit.

Kind of like those hikers that were finally released from Iran ... I bet they don't hike in that area again.

Foreign countries justice system and prison accommodations are not like the good old USofA (except that prison in Norway.)

Old 10-09-2011, 04:58 AM

1,736 posts, read 1,592,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
I doubt she wants to leave the Sacred Soil of the USA. The news last night said she has invited Raffaele Sollecito to Seattle for a visit.

Kind of like those hikers that were finally released from Iran ... I bet they don't hike in that area again.

Foreign countries justice system and prison accommodations are not like the good old USofA (except that prison in Norway.)
Its been my general impression that most western prisons offer better conditions to the imates than the USA. Rehabilitiation over punishment etc. Possibly excepting some mediterranean coutries. It is once you get out of the First World conditions suddenly drop like a rock.

Old 10-09-2011, 05:30 AM

14,330 posts, read 19,545,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimmerama View Post
Yes, I think it's important that minorities who were discriminated against in the past be given a pass when it comes to racism - how else can we as a nation move forward and put racism behind us?

Every post of yours is a gem, dude.

Amanda Knox had the audacity to be born white, I'm with A_Lexus, toss her in jail and let's teach her a lesson!

Also, her trial occurred in Italy, I'm pretty sure the Italians (96% of whom are white) probably aren't as hung up on race as you are. If Italy's justice system is like ours, the burden of proof is beyond a reasonable doubt, not "ehhh, she's an entitled white b****, let's toss her in jail."
I can't take anyone seriously who uses the term "dude." The rest of your points aren't worth considering.

The problem in this country is racism as practiced by a segment of whites. Focus on that brand of racism, one that has been pervasive and ever-present for centuries. As I stated before, these are the same people who protested when Knox was convicted assuming that she was innocent without knowing the full extent of the evidence. These are the same people who declared OJ guilty before they heard one bit of evidence. Understand the issue before you get unglued.

Last edited by LexusNexus; 10-09-2011 at 05:49 AM..

Old 10-09-2011, 05:32 AM

14,330 posts, read 19,545,592 times
Default Knox will always be suspect

She remains a suspect in my book and others agree. Supporters continue to put the blinders on.

Amanda Knox and ex-boyfriend acquittal judge: 'They could be responsible' - National Criminal Profiles | Examiner.com

Old 10-09-2011, 05:54 AM

28,206 posts, read 20,747,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
She remains a suspect in my book and others agree. Supporters continue to put the blinders on.

Amanda Knox and ex-boyfriend acquittal judge: 'They could be responsible' - National Criminal Profiles | Examiner.com
Oh brother. I don't have blinders on. I have not seen ONE post offering any CONCRETE evidence that AK murdered MK on this or the other thread. Lots of conjecture, made up motives and fiction, yes. Cold hard facts? Not so much.

Old 10-09-2011, 05:56 AM

28,206 posts, read 20,747,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
I can't take anyone seriously who uses the term "dude." The rest of your points aren't worth considering.

The problem in this country is racism as practiced by a segment of whites. Focus on that brand of racism, one that has been pervasive and ever-present for centuries. As I stated before, these are the same people who protested when Knox was convicted assuming that she was innocent without knowing the full extent of the evidence. These are the same people who declared OJ guilty before they heard one bit of evidence. Understand the issue before you get unglued.
I often find when one personally attacks the speech of others, they cannot debate the substance of the posts.

MANY people, including me, KNOW the extent of the evidence. I still think she is innocent of murder.

Now, you tell me, on what evidence are you basing your opinions?

I've asked this several times of the people on this board who are SO SURE AK is guilty. Crickets, every time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime