U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 12:37 PM

28,206 posts, read 20,747,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
This is true, she may grate on peoples nerves, but she gets the message out there.
The wrong message. She is a rabid enemy of the Constitution and rights of the US. She convicts people via her television show with little evidence and much conjecture.

She has been accused by the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals of ethical violations. In the murder-arson case of WW Carr, the Supreme Court of Georgia said "the conduct of the prosecuting attorney in this case demonstrated her disregard of the notions of due process and fairness, and was inexcusable". Carr was freed in 2004 due to Grace's inadequacies as a prosecutor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2011, 12:42 PM

16,085 posts, read 23,898,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
That isn't true.
Is true my friend
Nancy Grace Biography, Photos, Pictures

www.whyfame.com/celebrities/television/nancy_grace_60862.phpCached (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:wNvE5edtZUYJ:www.whyfame.com/celebrities/television/nancy_grace_60862.php+nancy+grace+sucess+rate+as+a +prosecuter&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us - broken link)
You +1'd this publicly. Undo
Nancy achieved a one hundred percent success rate in her convictions. ... Nancy Grace, although a brilliant prosecutor has often come under fire for her out ...
www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and.../article638867.ece

Sep 14, 2006 – Nancy Grace, whose eponymous, nightly programme describes itself as ... after being interviewed by Grace, a former criminal prosecutor, about the ... Grace, who boasted a 100 per cent success rate in almost 100 trials as a ...

Old 10-10-2011, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Is true my friend
Nancy Grace Biography, Photos, Pictures

www.whyfame.com/celebrities/television/nancy_grace_60862.phpCached (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:wNvE5edtZUYJ:www.whyfame.com/celebrities/television/nancy_grace_60862.php+nancy+grace+sucess+rate+as+a +prosecuter&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us - broken link)
Nancy achieved a one hundred percent success rate in her convictions. ... Nancy Grace, although a brilliant prosecutor has often come under fire for her out ...
www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and.../article638867.ece

Sep 14, 2006 – Nancy Grace, whose eponymous, nightly programme describes itself as ... after being interviewed by Grace, a former criminal prosecutor, about the ... Grace, who boasted a 100 per cent success rate in almost 100 trials as a ...

See prosecutorial misconduct, mistrial and investigations by the Supreme Court of Georgia. Getting convictions unethically doesn't count in my book.

Old 10-10-2011, 01:11 PM

15,164 posts, read 13,432,307 times
Quote:
The wrong message. She is a rabid enemy of the Constitution and rights of the US. She convicts people via her television show with little evidence and much conjecture.

She has been accused by the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals of ethical violations. In the murder-arson case of WW Carr, the Supreme Court of Georgia said "the conduct of the prosecuting attorney in this case demonstrated her disregard of the notions of due process and fairness, and was inexcusable". Carr was freed in 2004 due to Grace's inadequacies as a prosecutor.
If she had that kind of power, Casey Anthony would be sitting on death row as we speak.

I don't love Nancy Grace and I don't hate her either. Sometimes I agree with her, sometimes I don't.....I am just ambivalent about her.

As far as her ethics are concerned......I don't know that she is any worse than any other lawyer/proscutor out there, if you know what I mean.

Old 10-10-2011, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
If she had that kind of power, Casey Anthony would be sitting on death row as we speak.
Exactly, this is from one of the links I posted.
Many of the high profile cases on which she has held extremely dogmatic opinions have been acquitted or dismissed.

Old 10-10-2011, 01:27 PM

Quote:
See prosecutorial misconduct, mistrial and investigations by the Supreme Court of Georgia. Getting convictions unethically doesn't count in my book.

Prosecutorial misconduct

The Supreme Court of Georgia has twice commented on Grace's conduct as a prosecutor. First, in a 1994 heroin drug trafficking case, Bell v. State, the Court declared a mistrial, saying that Grace had "exceeded the wide latitude of closing argument" by drawing comparisons to unrelated murder and rape cases.[8]
In 1997, the court was more severe, overturning the murder-arson conviction of businessman W. W. Carr in the death of his wife. While the court said its reversal was not due to these transgressions, since the case had turned primarily on circumstantial evidence, it nevertheless concluded "the conduct of the prosecuting attorney in this case demonstrated her disregard of the notions of due process and fairness, and was inexcusable."[9] Carr was freed in 2004 when The Georgia Supreme Court ruled unanimously that Fulton County had waited too long to retry him, thereby unfairly prejudicing his right to a fair trial.[10]

Old 10-10-2011, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post

I don't love Nancy Grace and I don't hate her either. Sometimes I agree with her, sometimes I don't.....I am just ambivalent about her.

As far as her ethics are concerned......I don't know that she is any worse than any other lawyer/proscutor out there, if you know what I mean.
I'm sure you knew exactly what I meant with that statement.

Old 10-11-2011, 06:33 PM

6,587 posts, read 6,825,736 times
A friend of Michael Jackson said the Jackson family hated Grace during his molestation trial...but have since revised their opinion of Grace ( she is pro-conviction of the good doctor)!So I think how people feel about Grace is if she shares their point of view or not!

Old 10-11-2011, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
A friend of Michael Jackson said the Jackson family hated Grace during his molestation trial...but have since revised their opinion of Grace ( she is pro-conviction of the good doctor)!So I think how people feel about Grace is if she shares their point of view or not!
Nope.

She could agree with me on every opinion. The way she acts and publicly convicts people is vile.

Old 11-07-2011, 04:18 PM

17,611 posts, read 19,043,795 times
WOW. Amanda Knox sure does move fast. Already moving in with a new boyfriend.

New Details: Amanda Knox Moves in With Musician Boyfriend! - wetpaint.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime