U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 05:41 PM

5,660 posts, read 6,850,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Proof, please.
It's been shown in the media, similar to Casey Anthony.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2011, 05:48 PM

28,206 posts, read 20,731,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
It's been shown in the media, similar to Casey Anthony.
Ok.

Betty Broderick - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rosie Alfaro - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sylvia Seegrist - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Patricia Krenwinkel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sarah Marie Johnson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Marcia Kelly - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Donna Roberts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Darlie Routier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Susan Smith - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Margaret Rudin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Christina Marie Riggs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Melanie McGuire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Karen McCarron - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynn_Turner_(murderer)

Diane Downs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Winnie Ruth Judd - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Frances Newton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Theresa Knorr - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Celeste Beard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Brittany Holberg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I could go on, but I'm sure you get the jist.

Old 10-03-2011, 05:58 PM

1,238 posts, read 1,960,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
I'm not racist. I'm making a point that white women get away with murder, domestic violence, and other crimes than any other demographic.

OJ is a white woman?

Old 10-03-2011, 06:12 PM

12,478 posts, read 14,944,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Ok.

Betty Broderick - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rosie Alfaro - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sylvia Seegrist - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Patricia Krenwinkel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sarah Marie Johnson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Marcia Kelly - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Donna Roberts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Darlie Routier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Susan Smith - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Margaret Rudin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Christina Marie Riggs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Melanie McGuire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Karen McCarron - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynn_Turner_(murderer)

Diane Downs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Winnie Ruth Judd - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Frances Newton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Theresa Knorr - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Celeste Beard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Brittany Holberg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I could go on, but I'm sure you get the jist.
LOL!! I'm sure the poster will have some off color response to the proof you very adequately supplied.

Old 10-03-2011, 06:28 PM

5,660 posts, read 6,850,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookieboy View Post
OJ is a white woman?
No, but they sure stay on him for years.

Old 10-03-2011, 06:32 PM

355 posts, read 562,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
What type of a person, except for a guilty person, lies about where they were, what they were doing and who they were with doing the crime?

What type of person falsely accuses a person that they know is innocent of the crime, the Black bar owner, thereby jeopardizing an innocent man's freedom?

What type of person "makes out" with her boyfriend at the crime scene, a murder crime scene? What a tramp.

Amanda Knox is a filthy, murdering wh--- and its too bad that the Italian government didn't properly handle the crime scene because she should be spending the rest of her life behind bars.
No offense, but are you serious? This is why you think she is guilty? Really? Man but your world must be black and white.....

What kind of a person accuses another? Well, for starters, one that is under extreme duress and pressure...especially if one is young, foreign and scared....and under the jurisdiction of a known dirty prosecutor.....

Making out? How about just being affectionate---when I am sad and scared, I often will lean into my husband and kiss him. That hardly makes a person guilty.

So what I have so far is....a scared girl who kissed her boyfriend. Oh yeah, let's prosecute her!!! Bring out the pitch forks!!!!!

Have you actually taken the time to read all the details of the case? It would have taken a very sick, disturbed and violent individual to do what was done to her---and there would have been all kinds of physical evidence. The only evidence that stood as indisputable was the semen from the drifter and his blood and feces. There was no evidence that any of them knew each other---or cooperated nor did Knox or Sollecito have any prior history of violence.

The prosecutor is dirty--plain and simple--and the italian culture did not understand the nuances of the carefee culture in the Pac Northwest.

I read the following today from an old NYTimes:

"One explanation comes from Douglas Preston, a prominent best-selling American author who lived in the Florentine hills while researching a book about a serial killer never found, “The Monster of Florence,” co-authored by Italian journalist Mario Spezi.

After the serial murders stopped, a prosecutor decided to reopen the case. His theory was that the killer or killers were Satanists from an ancient cult that harvested body parts. That prosecutor is the same one in the Knox case – Giuliano Mignini.

“One day I’m walking down the streets of Florence when my cell phone rings,” said Preston in an interview. “They say, ‘This is the police – we’re coming to get you.’” For three hours, the author was interrogated by Mignini about possible connections to the case. His phone calls with co-author Spezi had been wiretapped, and Mignini asked him to explain things. Preston said he was told he must confess to perjury or obstruction of justice.

“I’m not the kind of person who could be broken down,” said Preston. “But now I’m terrified. My wife and kids are out having lunch, and I’m thinking I’m never going to see them again.”

Preston is indicted – Mignini has that power – but then told he can go free if he leaves Italy. The author departs the next day, banished, humiliated and deeply troubled.

Fast forward to the Amanda Knox interrogations. She’s 20, hardly a world sophisticate, who spoke only passable Italian at the time. Mignini used the same methods – a pattern now coming to light in the misconduct case against him, in which he is accused by a Florentine judge of intimidation and wiretapping journalists and other perceived enemies. He has denied any misconduct. When Preston looked at the case against Amanda Knox, he saw a rogue prosecutor and a miscarriage of justice.

“There was no evidence,” he said. “I realized it was all bogus. Mignini believes that Satan walks the land and anyone who is against him must be working for the other side.”

-------
So glad both those kids are free!!! At least she gets to come home--where people know her and have stood by her. That poor kid Sollecito is stuck there.....

Old 10-03-2011, 06:34 PM

355 posts, read 562,359 times
Quote:
She should be punished for her involvement in the murder of her roomate. Being acquitted does not equal "innocence"...it never has.

The only reason that her case even received any amount of attention is because she is a young, White American woman (whom some consider attractive). Its the exact same thing when young White woman goes missing.

Missing white woman syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

CNN.com - Anderson Cooper 360 Blog

'Missing White Woman Syndrome' Still A Bias For Southern California Media? - Los Angeles News - The Informer

The people who are "relieved" that sweet little murderess Amanda Knox is being freed need to take a good look at why they are so sympathetic to her cause and not others who are in the exact same/similar situation.
I guess this is what I truly don't understand.....

What facts--what actual probably facts--make you think they killed her?

Old 10-03-2011, 06:39 PM

5,706 posts, read 8,126,066 times
Quote:
She was obviously involved in the events that led up to the murder of her room mate.
Well, you just convinced me of her guilt. Hang the broad high.

Old 10-03-2011, 06:50 PM

12,478 posts, read 14,944,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanonGrace View Post
No offense, but are you serious? This is why you think she is guilty? Really? Man but your world must be black and white.....

What kind of a person accuses another? Well, for starters, one that is under extreme duress and pressure...especially if one is young, foreign and scared....and under the jurisdiction of a known dirty prosecutor.....

Making out? How about just being affectionate---when I am sad and scared, I often will lean into my husband and kiss him. That hardly makes a person guilty.

So what I have so far is....a scared girl who kissed her boyfriend. Oh yeah, let's prosecute her!!! Bring out the pitch forks!!!!!

Have you actually taken the time to read all the details of the case? It would have taken a very sick, disturbed and violent individual to do what was done to her---and there would have been all kinds of physical evidence. The only evidence that stood as indisputable was the semen from the drifter and his blood and feces. There was no evidence that any of them knew each other---or cooperated nor did Knox or Sollecito have any prior history of violence.

The prosecutor is dirty--plain and simple--and the italian culture did not understand the nuances of the carefee culture in the Pac Northwest.

I read the following today from an old NYTimes:

"One explanation comes from Douglas Preston, a prominent best-selling American author who lived in the Florentine hills while researching a book about a serial killer never found, The Monster of Florence, co-authored by Italian journalist Mario Spezi.

After the serial murders stopped, a prosecutor decided to reopen the case. His theory was that the killer or killers were Satanists from an ancient cult that harvested body parts. That prosecutor is the same one in the Knox case Giuliano Mignini.

One day Im walking down the streets of Florence when my cell phone rings, said Preston in an interview. They say, This is the police were coming to get you. For three hours, the author was interrogated by Mignini about possible connections to the case. His phone calls with co-author Spezi had been wiretapped, and Mignini asked him to explain things. Preston said he was told he must confess to perjury or obstruction of justice.

Im not the kind of person who could be broken down, said Preston. But now Im terrified. My wife and kids are out having lunch, and Im thinking Im never going to see them again.

Preston is indicted Mignini has that power but then told he can go free if he leaves Italy. The author departs the next day, banished, humiliated and deeply troubled.

Fast forward to the Amanda Knox interrogations. Shes 20, hardly a world sophisticate, who spoke only passable Italian at the time. Mignini used the same methods a pattern now coming to light in the misconduct case against him, in which he is accused by a Florentine judge of intimidation and wiretapping journalists and other perceived enemies. He has denied any misconduct. When Preston looked at the case against Amanda Knox, he saw a rogue prosecutor and a miscarriage of justice.

There was no evidence, he said. I realized it was all bogus. Mignini believes that Satan walks the land and anyone who is against him must be working for the other side.

-------
So glad both those kids are free!!! At least she gets to come home--where people know her and have stood by her. That poor kid Sollecito is stuck there.....
Bravo!! A most excellent post. Mignini is the equivalent of a modern day Hitler! He is evil!

Old 10-03-2011, 07:13 PM

519 posts, read 915,912 times
I am so happy that they are free.
My husband cannot believe my interest in the case (it's not big in the news here)
But I HATE injustice of all kinds.
I hope Amanda makes back all the money her parents had to spend since this tragedy occurred.
I am looking forward, very much, to hearing from Amanda herself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime