Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2011, 02:38 AM

14,520 posts, read 8,767,807 times

Advertisements

Race? This isn't even remotely about race.

I think the style and quality of law enforcement, legal and judicial system of Italy is much more in question here.

Here's what I said earlier: "The jury had two options to acquit: determining there wasn't enough evidence to uphold the conviction or that the pair simply didn't commit the crime. The jury determined the latter, clearing Knox and Sollecito completely." Scroll back to post #64 if you want to click on the link for reference.

That the appeals jury used the 2nd option indicates to me that the first verdict was due to sloppy investigation, and improper prosecution which led to a false conviction which couldn't stand up to a second look.

Old 10-04-2011, 04:37 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post
While I believe this was the right decision based on faulty DNA, I still find it pretty sad that Knox accused the barman of this murder.

If he hadn't had an airtight alibi he could very well be spending many many years behind bars. Amanda owes this man a very public mea culpa.
It is sad. However, the statement pointing to the bar owner was made under extreme duress and coercion by the Italian LEOs.

Old 10-04-2011, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The point has been missed but its not surprising.
The point was duly noted. I believe it is very nearly a complete opinion statement based on nothing but anger and misinformation. But I get her point.

Old 10-04-2011, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I don't know if she did it or she didn't.
I DO know this - Americans are arrogant. When you visit another country, be on good behavior. Avoid even the appearance of evil. Their systems of law are different from ours.

In Europe there are no executions. No death penalty. There has been so much outrage over what this upper middle class white girl went through that I am sickened that the same compassion is not extended towards people in OUR OWN COUNTRY WHO ARE EXECUTED>

No I'm not black or a man. I am a WASP woman.
With all due respect, my compassion does extend towards those on death row as well.

I don't see how Amanda Knox displayed an appearance of evil in the weeks before the murder, or after the discovery of her friend's body.

Old 10-04-2011, 07:12 AM

396 posts, read 708,313 times
You know what--go read about the evidence and then come back and opine....

Amanda Knox could have been purple and Rafael Sollecito mustard and the facts would still be the facts.

Some of you are so amazingly racist you yourself don't even see it! Racism is never okay--period. Ever hear of two wrongs don't make a right? Standing up for obvious miscarriage of justice in now way legitimizes racism against anyone. The victim has never been forgotten--instead, the circle has widened to include Knox and Sollecito.

Back to the racism point--I want to reiterate that no one is claiming that it's okay for black, purple, green, orange and rainbow colored people to be falsely accused.......

.....which leads me to my last point. If you want the world to not judge based on race, then you have to lead by example. If you don't want to be judged by the color of your skin, please extend the same courtesy to other fellow HUMAN beings--who are the same as you inside, regardless of their external appearance. Amazing to me that it's 2011 and I have to now point that out in defense of white Americans. Honestly.

To me, Rudy G.'s DNA inside the victim--and his history of a drifter DID make me biased---but those are facts, not just opinions.

Old 10-04-2011, 07:18 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Now that this admitedly touching drama is over, and if we can get Jackson's doctor's trial done with, maybe we can get back to real news, like the on-going collapse of our economy and society.

Last edited by Bideshi; 10-04-2011 at 07:45 AM..

Old 10-04-2011, 08:57 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,697,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
The reason she got away with murder is because she's benefited from white female privilege. I didn't think Italy would have that syndrome like here in the US.
Really? Is that why she got crucified in the media and her Italian boyfriend was an afterthought in every article? Why the real killer is barely mentioned in this case, and the fact that his DNA was inside Kercher and all over her room?

Yeah, that's definitely white female privilege there.....

Old 10-04-2011, 09:15 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post
While I believe this was the right decision based on faulty DNA, I still find it pretty sad that Knox accused the barman of this murder.

If he hadn't had an airtight alibi he could very well be spending many many years behind bars. Amanda owes this man a very public mea culpa.
This 100%.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:20 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,994,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrina View Post
She agonized and when she understood the verdict, I believe her breakdown was quite genuine. I fail to see how anyone can see any equivalence with Casey Anthony. Well, except that they are both female.
And white. For racists who make it a priority to keep a running tally on such things, this is most important of all.

Many of them are probably just angry and embarrassed that yet another black male (Rudy Guede) has been rightly convicted of Meredith's murder. It was his DNA that was all over the house and he's changed his story many times. Not to mention the fact that he had a clear motive to kill her which Knox did not.

The Worst Semester Abroad Of All Time- Perugia's Prime Suspect

Old 10-04-2011, 09:41 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,697,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
And white. For racists who make it a priority to keep a running tally on such things, this is most important of all.

Many of them are probably just angry and embarrassed that yet another black male (Rudy Guede) has been rightly convicted of Meredith's murder. It was his DNA that was all over the house and he's changed his story many times. Not to mention the fact that he had a clear motive to kill her which Knox did not.

The Worst Semester Abroad Of All Time- Perugia's Prime Suspect
Amazing how that is constantly overlooked by racists who say Knox was set free because she's a white female.

His DNA was in the room. He robbed Kercher. He sexually assaulted Kercher. He fled the country. He already has a criminal record. Yet all we hear in the media is Knox and the (flimsy) evidence against her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime