Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 11:38 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Then she should have stayed a prosecutor where she was doing some good instead of becoming a hysterical TV muckraker.
Agreed, or stick to missing and exploited childrens topics.

Old 10-10-2011, 11:39 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,292,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Many of you relate to Amanda Knox because she reminds you of yourselves, your daughters, your son's girfriend, the girl next door....sort of the way that Jeffrey Dahmer and Ted Bundy also didn't look like a killers.

Amanda Knox’s “too pretty” defense - NYPOST.com
WHAT?

I think Amanda Knox is a self-centered, callous little jerk as proven by her behavior after her roommate was found dead. All she cared about was mooning and swooning over the penis she was getting in Italy! However, that does not make her guilty. I think she did "carefree" cartwheels because she really didn't CARE one whit about Kircher and (stupidly) thought the murder didn't affect her and her lover and was just all lubed up and waiting for the police "adventure" to be over so she could get back to that penis. However, that still does not make her guilty.

Old 10-10-2011, 11:41 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Quote:
My comment is not about the "regular" "non-famous" people who are on the show.

It is about the "celebrities." You know the "really big" ones, like Bristol Palin or Paul McCartney's financially predatory ex-wife.

The real movers and shakers in the world do not need the money and do not have the time to participate on the show. They are doing things of substance. ESPECIALLY people who are supposed to be "serious journalists." Nancy Grace may fancy herself in that category, but her actions belie her grand illusions of herself.
Many of the "celebrities" donate the money they get for doing the show to charity. I remember Paul McCartney's ex donated her money to a charity....and Nancy Grace is also donating her money to a charity.

Nancy does not need the publicity, her show is doing well.....so....I can't dis her for doing the show.....she is making money for a charity. Good for her!

And, just because you are a "serious journalist" does not mean you cannot do other things in life just for the fun of it or whatever....she is not a monk.

Old 10-10-2011, 11:46 AM

7,126 posts, read 8,647,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
The judge in this case, an impartial expert legal analyst in his own right, felt that Knox and her boyfriend might've been responsible, but there just wasn't enough evidence to prove it. This is far and away a belief that this young woman is innocent.

The defense team here had the same problem that OJ's defense team had. If the facts are not on your side, attack the evidence. If the evidence is not on your side, attack the law. OJ's team attacked the evidence as did Knox's team because frankly, the FACTS were NOT on their side. This was enough for me.

Many black Americans HOPED that OJ did not do the crimes, and when it was noted that much of white America felt that OJ was guilty because the facts implied he was, it became a matter of black vs white. A deep racial division was on full display when the verdict was read. Most whites were utterly disgusted, not respecting the application of justice that set OJ free. Many blacks cheered because it was one of those rare occasions in history where a black man prevailed.

Here with the Knox case, the facts were not on her side, a fact that appears to escape many of her supporters. Her team attacked the evidence to get her off like in the OJ trial. Now she is embraced by this country, and become America's darling. Such consideration was not extended to OJ after the same result. Hence the observation of the double-standard and continued suspicion of Knox by many.
There was a mountain of DNA and physical evidence against OJ so much that there were pieces of evidence that the defense chose not even to dispute!!OJ being aquitted and the anger from the white community over the verdict had nothing to do with his skin color...whites viewed it as a huge miscarriage of justice!I can't speak for the black community reaction...I can speculate that the LAPD had a reputation of unfair treatment of the black community (Rodney King) and were more willing to believe in a HUGE conspiracy on the part of the police.The great irony here was that OJ had for years lived his life in the white community both in the physical sense(Brentwood) and emotional sense(dated and married white women).

Old 10-10-2011, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Then she should have stayed a prosecutor where she was doing some good instead of becoming a hysterical TV muckraker.
Maybe she was tired of being a prosecutor, maybe she felt like doing something different, what is wrong with that?

Like her or not.....if one of your kids was kidnapped.....I am willing to bet you wouldn't have a problem with Nancy Grace getting the story out there, getting your kid's picture on millions of TV screens, alerting thousands of Americans to be on the lookout for your missing child.

Old 10-10-2011, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Hmmm, that's strange considering that many Americans have no qualms about executing people who were convicted on far less than the evidence against Foxy Knoxy and her beau.

Amanda may not have wielded the knife but she was involved. Acquittal does not equal innocent. Are OJ Simpson, Robert Blake and Casey Anthony innocent? They were "acquitted" of murder, as well.
You cannot compare the Knox case to any of your examples. In the Knox case, the man who actually committed the murder, IS in jail.

Old 10-10-2011, 12:11 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,292,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Maybe she was tired of being a prosecutor, maybe she felt like doing something different, what is wrong with that?

Like her or not.....if one of your kids was kidnapped.....I am willing to bet you wouldn't have a problem with Nancy Grace getting the story out there, getting your kid's picture on millions of TV screens, alerting thousands of Americans to be on the lookout for your missing child.
I'll do you one better ... I don't like her "delivery" on TV (way too shrill and over the top) but I did agree with her on Casey Anthony being guilty (yet I admit I winced everytime I heard her scream "TOT MOM").

Old 10-10-2011, 12:28 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Nancy Grace will always be what she was trained to do. Whether you love or hate her, a 100% success rate as a prosecutor.
That isn't true.

Old 10-10-2011, 12:32 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
This is true, she may grate on peoples nerves, but she gets the message out there.

Old 10-10-2011, 12:32 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
Quote:
ME: So because some Americans have no qualms about what amounts to government sanctioned murder that means the rest of us are somehow hypocritical in our stance on the AK situation?

CP: YES
LOL That makes such little sense!!!! Why would you believe the same ones who don't care about liberty and justice would support AK being released?

Quote:
ME:

On what evidence are you basing your opinion that AK was involved?

CP: She lied and then changed her story along with falsely accusing a man that she knew was not involved. An acquittal does not equal innocence
Which was done under duress and the prompting of the LEOs interviewing her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime