U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 06:19 AM

16,085 posts, read 23,917,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I can't wrap my mind around the thought process that led to them ignoring (basically) the real issues of her mental health and going for such a fictionalized account.
Her mental health is a secondary issue, they were looking for an aquittal. Thats why she didn't get on the stand in her own defense. Prosecution would have chewed her up and spit her out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2011, 07:20 AM

25,393 posts, read 30,761,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
it really pisses me off that this SOB still gets all this media attention. She is a celebraty cause of a little girls death........... Disguisting.
The negative media attention may be the only true punishment she ever receives.

I think people won't let this go until they feel she's been exhonerated or punished. While she was found "not guilty" she has not been found innocent. We all know something is VERY VERY WRONG when you don't report your toddler missing for 31 days!!!! What kind of parent does that? We all know there is something wrong here. We all know she should have been found guilty of something (manslaughter, at least, IMO). I think people feel a need to see her punished. If all they can do is vote her the most hated person in the US and leave nasty comments, that's what they'll do.

To stop this, Casey Anthony needs to come up with a viable explanation for why she never reported her little girl missing that doesn't involve her already being dead and she can't.

What disgusts me is she has a fan page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Casey-...59121950827426

Old 10-09-2011, 02:06 PM

9,916 posts, read 9,311,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post

What disgusts me is she has a fan page: Casey Anthony Fans | Facebook

LOL Big fan club there on Facebook .... 21 fans as of July 11 ... on the other website ... they have 6 members last activity July 7.

Casey Anthony's Biggest Fan - The Best site about Casey Anthony ever

That's a really big following vs the other umpteen millions!

Old 10-09-2011, 07:13 PM

13,900 posts, read 10,796,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
If Zenaida's attorneys can get this to court I think a Florida jury just might find in Zenaida's favor
I don't know CW, I've been fooled before

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Another source who knows Casey told The ENQUIRER: “I’m not surprised that she’s losing it. From what I hear, it’s possible that her mind will shut down forever and she’ll wind up spending the rest of her life staring at a wall.

The stories somewhat believable until the above. If shes isolated and only contact her defense team...who would be the source, the imaginary Zanny the nanny?
You certainly like your tabloids don't you? I have to say Virgode, while the articles may well be entertaining, they are a poor source for reality and factual news.

Quote:
Agree shes aware, any communication will be limited to the internet, that doesn't assure any privacy as far as her location. How much contact can she actually have with the outside world? .
She could be one of us posting here for all we know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Why weren't these seizures & mental issues mentioned during the trial?? Much more plausible explanation and she might have actually received the help she seems to need.
The reason the seizures were never brought up in court is simple, there is no evidence of them. No evidence of what is causing them that is. She had brain scans and MRI's and everything, and nothing was found that would cause any type of illness, so there goes that excuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
The negative media attention may be the only true punishment she ever receives.
There is no such thing as bad publicity. I'm sure shes just happy that she is now a household name. What would really upset her imo, is if she became yesterdays news and was no longer talked about. I'm sure she's just eating up all this attention.

Quote:
. While she was found "not guilty" she has not been found innocent.
Oh be careful now, you might get some of these people confused. The above seems to be a difficult concept to grasp for a lot of people.

Quote:
To stop this, Casey Anthony needs to come up with a viable explanation for why she never reported her little girl missing that doesn't involve her already being dead and she can't.
She tried this once remember? It wasn't too viable imo. And that's besides the point. People in this country already have their minds made up about what they think happened here. EVEN if she DID tell the truth, and it wasn't what people already had imagined, they wouldn't believe her.
[/quote]

Old 10-09-2011, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post

You certainly like your tabloids don't you? I have to say Virgode, while the articles may well be entertaining, they are a poor source for reality and factual news.

She could be one of us posting here for all we know .]
You'll have to talk to CarolinaWomen. This wasn't my tabloid post.
Just read it and commented.

Yeah, she could be amoungst us.

Old 10-09-2011, 11:57 PM

Quote:
You'll have to talk to CarolinaWomen. This wasn't my tabloid post.
Just read it and commented.

Yeah, she could be amoungst us.
I don't read the National Enquirer ... that article was emailed to me ... People's Mag said she is in counseling ...Jose says she is in counseling ... the National Enquirer says she is in counseling ... but Casey indicated on her recent probation papers she was not in counseling. Now we all know who to believe .... don't we.

Speaking of the National Enquirer ... I still recall when River Cruz (alleged mistress of GA) was on the stand and stated her sister released her story BUT they wanted to go with a reputable media outlet and National Enquirer was it ... LOL ... they received $4,000 if I recall correctly. That testimony on the stand cracked me up. River was doing good until the prosecution got hold of her.

Another thing the wedding .... Lee Anthony and Mallory Parker ... that was suppose to be in October. I haven't noticed any info on that.

Old 10-10-2011, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
I don't read the National Enquirer ... .

Another thing the wedding .... Lee Anthony and Mallory Parker ... that was suppose to be in October. I haven't noticed any info on that.
I don't read the Enquirer either, wouldn't even pick up the mag to take a peek in the check out line.

Have seen nothing about Lee, hes keeping a low profile too. This had to have affected his life. People will forever see him as guy who had an incestious relationship with his sister, be it true or false.

Old 10-10-2011, 12:55 PM

12,319 posts, read 18,433,096 times
Who is paying her bills? I can speculate - she is on a living stipend arranged by her lawyer (Baez). She probably doesn't need much - an furnished apartment, a $1,000 a week for living expenses, food, recreational drugs, etc, maybe. Probably either payed out of Baez's pocket or, more likely, a small group of investors. This is all in the possibility of future revenue potential. Almost assuredly they have a publicist/manager involved. Imagine contracts have been written, what percentage who and what will be allocated of the revenue/profits already decided. Maybe - 6 months, a year from now, whatever, they can arrange a book deal or lucritive interview deal. There are probably talks, handshakes, deals, already being worked out behind the scenes. Anthony will make a small bit of money, she won't get rich, and her handlers will make the big bucks, and potentially will get rich. Right now she is in Baez's prison of sorts. She is nothing more than a mutal fund, a certificate of deposit, a commodity item, to them.

They may make nothing (lets hope they don't). The public do NOT want to think of her profiting, and any legitimate magazine, book publisher, etc will be leery of the fallback. Baez, ect, know this, but they are betting on the chance they will get a large return for their small investment (which is only a few thousand $'s a month, not much) in a future period. They might support her for a year or two, wait if the public gets more receptive to hearing from her, then if nothing comes of it they will dump her (hopefully not in the same way she dumped her daughter), out a couple hundred large. Not a big deal to them.

Last edited by Dd714; 10-10-2011 at 01:05 PM..

Old 10-10-2011, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
. Right now she is in Baez's prison of sorts. She is nothing more than a mutal fund,a commodity item, to them.
The alternative, isolated in a prison cell 23hrs a day.

I'd say shes pretty fortunate to be anyones commodity.

Old 10-10-2011, 02:51 PM

Baez says he felt Amanda Knox's family played a key role in things, saying they should "be applauded" for sticking with her through the entire process -- unlike Casey's parents, who did not support her and instead, he feels, "hurt her case."

Baez says they're just a pair of "all-American girls."

Casey Anthony's Attorney -- Kudos to Amanda Knox's Parents | TMZ.com

In the WESH article Baez says they both embody the image of the "girl next door."

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-ex...16/detail.html

Last edited by CarolinaWoman; 10-10-2011 at 04:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime