U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2011, 04:34 PM

25,393 posts, read 30,724,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I don't know CW, I've been fooled before

You certainly like your tabloids don't you? I have to say Virgode, while the articles may well be entertaining, they are a poor source for reality and factual news.

She could be one of us posting here for all we know.

The reason the seizures were never brought up in court is simple, there is no evidence of them. No evidence of what is causing them that is. She had brain scans and MRI's and everything, and nothing was found that would cause any type of illness, so there goes that excuse.

There is no such thing as bad publicity. I'm sure shes just happy that she is now a household name. What would really upset her imo, is if she became yesterdays news and was no longer talked about. I'm sure she's just eating up all this attention.

Oh be careful now, you might get some of these people confused. The above seems to be a difficult concept to grasp for a lot of people.

She tried this once remember? It wasn't too viable imo. And that's besides the point. People in this country already have their minds made up about what they think happened here. EVEN if she DID tell the truth, and it wasn't what people already had imagined, they wouldn't believe her.
[/quote]
Unfortunately, you're right. In order to have negative publicity bother you, you need a conscience.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2011, 05:59 PM

13,900 posts, read 10,780,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
You'll have to talk to CarolinaWomen. This wasn't my tabloid post.
Just read it and commented.
Ah, I see that now. My apologies.

Quote:
People will forever see him as guy who had an incestious relationship with his sister, be it true or false.
Maybe some will but I for one won't. I'll always see him as the victim of his sisters lies.

[quote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Baez says he felt Amanda Knox's family played a key role in things, saying they should "be applauded" for sticking with her through the entire process -- unlike Casey's parents, who did not support her and instead, he feels, "hurt her case."

Baez says they're just a pair of "all-American girls."

Casey Anthony's Attorney -- Kudos to Amanda Knox's Parents | TMZ.com

In the WESH article Baez says they both embody the image of the "girl next door."

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/29439116/detail.html[/quote]
Oh god, are we going to have to start hearing his opinions on every case that goes through the legal ringer now?

There are HUGE differences between AK case and CA case, not even a comparison.

Quote:
In the end, Baez says they're just a pair of "all-American girls."
Then WTH has America come to?

I sure would like to hear how Knox feels about being slandered in the media by Baez comparing her to CA, then again, she likely has never even heard of CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Unfortunately, you're right. In order to have negative publicity bother you, you need a conscience.
I can remember when some women that was staying in the Anthony home when all this was going on and Casey was out on bail for the check fraud said that one day, the media choppers weren't out flying above the house, and Casey said something to the effect of "ahh, no helicopters today?" with a frowning face. The negative attention doesn't bother her, it's attention all the same. I just bet she is getting the thrill iof her life having to go out in disguise and hide from the public and watching her parents talk about HER on tv, etc, etc....... the absolute thrill of her life, you can bet on it.

Old 10-10-2011, 06:10 PM

I heard on the radio today that a San Fransisco based media company attempted to trademark the "casey Anthony" name so that nobody else could use it for book deals, movies, or anything but them. SERIOUSLY???? Come on.

{ their attempt was denied by the US patent and trade mark office btw }

Company Fails Attempt To Trademark “Casey Anthony” Name

I can just see it now, Casey Anthony brand duct tape and swimming pool's

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 10-10-2011 at 06:31 PM..

Old 10-10-2011, 09:40 PM

16,085 posts, read 23,879,978 times
Quote:
Baez says he felt Amanda Knox's family played a key role in things, saying they should "be applauded" for sticking with her through the entire process -- unlike Casey's parents, who did not support her and instead, he feels, "hurt her case."

Baez says they're just a pair of "all-American girls"

In the WESH article Baez says they both embody the image of the "girl next door."
He really should refuse comment rather than look foolish drawing parallels between Casey Anthony and Amanda Knox.

This is duplicity given the premise of the defense.

Old 10-10-2011, 10:02 PM

9,911 posts, read 9,299,531 times
In another article in Hollywood Gossip Baez said the Anthonys on Dr. Phil was a shameless interview. Casey probably watched the Dr. Phil interview and went berserk.

As far as tradmarking names. Cindy & George took care of that they trademarked Caylee's name and I thought I read long ago they trademarked Casey's name too. Not sure of that but Cindy & George were wheeling and dealing.

I would love to know or read the Anthonys comments and reaction to Baez's comments. Or could this be more games they are all playing.

Old 10-11-2011, 03:56 AM

Second, a trademark can protect a mark across specific goods or services. As detailed on LALATE previously, Mark Lippman, counsel for George and Cindy Anthony, has sought protection for underwear, buttons and t-shirts for “Justice for Caylee” and t-shirts for “Caylee Anthony”. The application is based upon the representation of an “intent to use”, meaning that the applicant had not yet commenced commercial use.
But Casey Anthony has yet to file any trademark to protect her daughter’s name. Even if she hasn’t, there is an additional question.
Who should have the rights to “Caylee Anthony”? By virtue of law, it’s probably Casey Anthony. Presuming no other agreement, “If such person [Caylee Anthony] is deceased, any person, firm or corporation authorized in writing to license the commercial use of her or his name or likeness, or if no person, firm or corporation is so authorized, then by any one from among a class composed of her or his surviving spouse and surviving children.” Caylee’s rights would likely pass to Casey, not George or Cindy.

Old 10-11-2011, 05:02 AM

Quote:
I would love to know or read the Anthonys comments and reaction to Baez's comments. Or could this be more games they are all playing.
Here one of Cindy Anthonys twitter posts:

CINDYANTH0NY Cindy Anthony

OUR BOOK TITLE IS DOWN TO 2: A MOTHER'S DAUGHTER OR FORTUITY-THE CASEY ANTHONY STORY

Twitter

Old 10-11-2011, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Here one of Cindy Anthonys twitter posts:

CINDYANTH0NY Cindy Anthony

OUR BOOK TITLE IS DOWN TO 2: A MOTHER'S DAUGHTER OR FORTUITY-THE CASEY ANTHONY STORY

Twitter
IF this is infact cindy anthony. Anyone can start a twitter acct. and call themselves anything they want

Old 10-11-2011, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
IF this is infact cindy anthony. Anyone can start a twitter acct. and call themselves anything they want
Has her photo there as well. Someone would have told them and the Anthonys attorney would have been all over it.

Old 10-11-2011, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Has her photo there as well. Someone would have told them and the Anthonys attorney would have been all over it.

Maybe I'm Cindy Anthony ehhhh?

It's hard to regulate who's who on the internet. There is also a page on twitter called Casey Anthony....... now they admit it's a fake acct, and an impersonation, but if they hadn't some people may have thought it was her. Has her pic there to.

Could be her, but I wouldn't trust it.

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 12-04-2011 at 01:10 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime