U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 07:31 PM

28,206 posts, read 20,731,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Lets stop making excuses.
???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2011, 12:55 AM

9,911 posts, read 9,299,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latina7 View Post
The sad part of this tragedy is that sometimes family members do not want to accept the fact that a family member is mentally ill, because in our society having a mentally- ill member accrueds to defectiveness, and there is a tremendous taboo against it.

Mentally-ill people, with certain diagnoses, will hallucinate, and when a person hallucinates, he/she is under the command of evil voices within his/her brain telling them what to do............unfortunately, I am pretty sure that there were symptoms presented prior to this tragedy, that it could have been advertently, derrailed. It breaks my heart to read about it.

Angelyn, her mother Kathlyn and father James breaks my heart. In addition the young couple standing underneath the walkway that thought at first it was a jacket that dropped over the side. Always thinking we could have caught her if we had known it was a child.

Kathlyn, her father and brother ran down five flights of stairs to reach Angelyn. As they gathered around Angelyn they looked up at Carmela Dela Rosa, five stories above them. Kathlyn Ogdoc said her mother had crossed her arms on the railing, placed her chin on them, and placidly looked down at them, saying nothing.

Perhaps a mental institution is the place for this woman. But from everything I have read she hated her son-in-law and the baby looked like her dad. I have one grandchild and he is the most wonderful child in the whole wide world so I cannot conceive of a grandmother in her right mind doing this. She needs to be put away somewhere.

Old 10-09-2011, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Angelyn, her mother Kathlyn and father James breaks my heart. In addition the young couple standing underneath the walkway that thought at first it was a jacket that dropped over the side. Always thinking we could have caught her if we had known it was a child.

Kathlyn, her father and brother ran down five flights of stairs to reach Angelyn. As they gathered around Angelyn they looked up at Carmela Dela Rosa, five stories above them. Kathlyn Ogdoc said her mother had crossed her arms on the railing, placed her chin on them, and placidly looked down at them, saying nothing.

Perhaps a mental institution is the place for this woman. But from everything I have read she hated her son-in-law and the baby looked like her dad. I have one grandchild and he is the most wonderful child in the whole wide world so I cannot conceive of a grandmother in her right mind doing this. She needs to be put away somewhere.
I've hated people before. Not many, but a few. Even THOSE people, who I absolutely cannot stand, I would never do this to. There has got to be something wrong with a woman who can act in such a cold and calloused manner.

I don't get it.

Old 10-09-2011, 05:59 AM

14,330 posts, read 19,536,502 times
Quote:

I agree. Jesus, what an incredible tragedy. I used to read about cases where this sort of thing happened when I was in law school. It was hard to read then and it still is. She absolutely must be put away.

This is why I take great pleasure in hugging my kids often each day and they hear me tell them I love them at least once before they turn in for the night. Kids must always be cherished.

Old 10-09-2011, 01:51 PM

We have all watched TV news with firemen rescuing people from burning buildings and it gives me one of those WAHOOOOO YESSSSS moments when I see a person catch a baby or child from a burning building. I sincerely hope the young couple can put this behind them. I am afraid I would beat myself to death for a long time. It truly breaks my heart what this woman did and it touched so many innocent people.

This one kills me and the woman that killed her husband, cut him up and cooked him makes me gag.

My youngest is 33 and even now ... he still gets hugs and I love you kiddo ... but I too receive hugs and I love you mom ... makes your heart just swell up.

Old 10-09-2011, 07:13 PM

Quote:
We have all watched TV news with firemen rescuing people from burning buildings and it gives me one of those WAHOOOOO YESSSSS moments when I see a person catch a baby or child from a burning building. I sincerely hope the young couple can put this behind them. I am afraid I would beat myself to death for a long time. It truly breaks my heart what this woman did and it touched so many innocent people.

This one kills me and the woman that killed her husband, cut him up and cooked him makes me gag.

My youngest is 33 and even now ... he still gets hugs and I love you kiddo ... but I too receive hugs and I love you mom ... makes your heart just swell up.
I think that is called residual violence. It's the effect of violence on those not directly involved in a violent crime. It effects more people than we know or think of.

Old 01-06-2012, 11:00 AM

1 posts, read 709 times
Are you people insane yourselves?!? Who could NOT find that she had malace and aforethought. She threw the baby off a platform while she was with her daughter! She said she threw her to get back at her daughter and the baby's father for having a child out of wedlock! She knew it was wrong, and she did it because she wanted to do something wrong to cause pain to a third party. That is the definition of malace and aforethought!

Old 01-06-2012, 11:13 AM

16,017 posts, read 19,666,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicLone View Post
Are you people insane yourselves?!? Who could NOT find that she had malace and aforethought. She threw the baby off a platform while she was with her daughter! She said she threw her to get back at her daughter and the baby's father for having a child out of wedlock! She knew it was wrong, and she did it because she wanted to do something wrong to cause pain to a third party. That is the definition of malace and aforethought!
Yep, it is. And because she was crazy she thought this was the way to do it. What a heartbreaking situation. How as a young mother do you ever recover from this.....
You can be crasy, and also commit a crime w/ malice and forethought. The forethought might be hard to prove, did she plan having everyone go to the fifth floor...the malice is easier. Evidently she wanted to punish her daughter and the baby's father. Either way, she needs to be away from other people for as long as the law allows. How much time is really served w/ a 35 yr sentence these days?? Good time? 1/3.....yrs??
The judge can even give her more time, right?
Virgode....And I too am curious about the "lets stop making excuses remark"??

Old 01-06-2012, 12:06 PM

16,085 posts, read 23,879,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicLone View Post
Not if she has mental health issues, which she obviously does. They can act without forethought.

Old 01-06-2012, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Not if she has mental health issues, which she obviously does. They can act without forethought.
I think the woman was just plain evil even though I cannot logically comprehend how a sane person could harm a child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or