U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 10:28 AM

22,911 posts, read 19,356,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdandy72 View Post
Screw all of you bleeding heart idiots with your cries of mental illness. You didn't see her confession video so stop worrying about HER. That little girl is DEAD. This woman should get the death penalty. She's fortunate they are sparing her life for such a crime. It really infuriates me when I see so many people worried about the CRIMINAL and not concerned about JUSTICE for the victim. Very misplaced sympathies!!!

Don't give me "Oh but we're sad for the little girl too....." NOT SAD ENOUGH IN MY BOOK if you're talking about the poor poor grandmother WHO MURDERED HER.
That's our "PC" society now, andy. I bet if things were back to "normal", a lot of this garbage would not be happening. JMHO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2012, 12:22 PM

126 posts, read 178,907 times
I believe as Americans we are naturally compasionate towards our fellow man and do not want to believe that a "sane" person would commit such an act. The sad thruth is, however, that there are people who have it it them to do evil. I agree with weirdandy72, I choose to place my sympathy with the girl's parents and not the grandmother. And if she is so insane, strap her to the chair and tell her she is about to go on a ride to Disney World.

Old 01-15-2012, 12:32 PM

9,235 posts, read 9,305,514 times
Quote:
Screw all of you bleeding heart idiots with your cries of mental illness. You didn't see her confession video so stop worrying about HER. That little girl is DEAD. This woman should get the death penalty. She's fortunate they are sparing her life for such a crime. It really infuriates me when I see so many people worried about the CRIMINAL and not concerned about JUSTICE for the victim. Very misplaced sympathies!!!

Don't give me "Oh but we're sad for the little girl too....." NOT SAD ENOUGH IN MY BOOK if you're talking about the poor poor grandmother WHO MURDERED HER.
This post is illustrative of something I find frequently on CDF:

1. Everyone has the right to an opinion;
2. Not all opinions are equal.

Opinions that are based purely on one's emotion and reaction to a situation are always going to be inferior to opinions that are based on logic, facts, FBI statistics on crime, and the actual study of mental illness.

So have at it, but realize that people who form their opinion about the criminal justice system based upon watching Nancy Grace or reading lurid accounts of crime in their locality will always be less authoritative than those who work in a field, those with a degree in a field, or those who can demonstrate some other bonafide qualification.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or