U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 04:32 AM

12,478 posts, read 14,944,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
The whole house was staged if you ask me. Window broken, lights all on, front door left unlocked, cell phones taken....I'm sure the cops have requested their cell phone records and are pouring over them.

In the video, the guy she is with looks quite young to me, maybe late teens/early 20's. He looks like a young kid. They clearly enter the store together.
I thought it was reported that the guy was a relative of the mom. Where are the kids though? She has a baby girl and sons aged 6 and 8' so where were they?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2011, 05:49 AM

16,085 posts, read 23,879,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
I thought it was reported that the guy was a relative of the mom. Where are the kids though? She has a baby girl and sons aged 6 and 8' so where were they?
http://abcnews.go.com/US/baby-lisa-i...ry?id=14737687

The man in the video was her brother.

Heres the video from ABC News, theres a $100k reward and private investigator Bill Stanton, payed by a private anonymous benifactor.

The mother failed a polygraph.

The youngest son was asleep in the room with the mother, door closed.

And a dog that never barked.

Old 10-15-2011, 01:02 PM

7,022 posts, read 5,991,748 times
It's starting to sound like we may have another Susan Smith on our hands- a woman who kills her child so that she can be with another man.

Missing Baby's Parents Are Looking Guiltier by the Day | The Stir
It turns out Deborah, who's supposed to be engaged to Jeremy, is still married to her first husband, the father of her 6-year-old son. Reportedly she and her husband, who's away serving in the Army, have been separated for four years but haven't been able to afford a divorce.

Old 10-15-2011, 01:15 PM

579 posts, read 752,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
Why would a child-napper take the time to take the cell phones in the house except to get rid of phone call, text, evidence, which means to me there was contact with this person at some level. How would he know where the cell phones would be? Why would any kidnapper hang around the house long enough to look for the cell phones...makes no sense.
Makes perfect sense to me, esp if they are a cell only family. With no cell phones in the house it would delay their contacting police. Even a 15 minute delay would help the kidnapper escape. As far as knowing where they were, either this was someone who knew the family, or, it's a small house and not hard to find the phones on the kitchen counter.

I don't see what her (allegedly) screwing around has to do with a missing child. So what if she did have a lover? How does that equate with her hurting her child?

It just seems to me that if one or both of the parents were abusive enough to god forbid kill a child, there would be some pattern of abuse. Relatives would have seen them behave badly toward the children, chances are there would have been accident reports in medical records. AFAIK none of this has been alleged.

From the pictures I've seen the baby looks very happy and well cared for. I just don't sense this was something the mum did.

Old 10-15-2011, 02:25 PM

12,478 posts, read 14,944,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid825 View Post
Makes perfect sense to me, esp if they are a cell only family. With no cell phones in the house it would delay their contacting police. Even a 15 minute delay would help the kidnapper escape. As far as knowing where they were, either this was someone who knew the family, or, it's a small house and not hard to find the phones on the kitchen counter.

I don't see what her (allegedly) screwing around has to do with a missing child. So what if she did have a lover? How does that equate with her hurting her child?

It just seems to me that if one or both of the parents were abusive enough to god forbid kill a child, there would be some pattern of abuse. Relatives would have seen them behave badly toward the children, chances are there would have been accident reports in medical records. AFAIK none of this has been alleged.

From the pictures I've seen the baby looks very happy and well cared for. I just don't sense this was something the mum did.

Did you read the inconsistencies? If not,please do so here:
Missing Baby Lisa Irwin -- Inconsistencies Piling Up - Yahoo! News

Last edited by PippySkiddles; 10-15-2011 at 02:47 PM..

Old 10-15-2011, 06:38 PM

9,911 posts, read 9,299,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid825 View Post

Screwing around has a great deal to do with a missing child/children. Susan Smith drowned Alex & Michael as the guy she was screwing around with did not want children.

I lived through that one since it happened here ... when the mother Deborah was on the news weeping and crying my husband looked at me and asked "who does that remind you of?" I replied Susan Smith ... he said "me too!"

I sincerely hope I am wrong and I pray the precious baby is alive and well somewhere. But it sure has some strange twists and turns.

Old 10-16-2011, 08:56 AM

13,819 posts, read 18,775,199 times
Like I said before this case gets stranger by the minute , omg dont tell me please that we have another susan smith or casey anthony on our hands . I pray for this baby every night and all the other little missing children . This getting to be an epidemic in our country .

Old 10-17-2011, 07:43 AM

6,389 posts, read 5,458,802 times
I just heard on the news (Fox and Friends) this morning that the mother admitted to having been drunk the night Lisa disappeared.

Old 10-17-2011, 12:32 PM

2,792 posts, read 3,653,226 times
There is an update page for this case on facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/LisaIrwinUpdates

The FBI had the water company just drain a creek for the search,according to local news.

Day 14 Brings New Searches For Baby Lisa - Kansas City News Story - KMBC Kansas City (http://www.kmbc.com/news/29509039/detail.html - broken link)

I don't know if he is just devastated, but it bugs me that the dad is just SO emotionless... & it seems that the mother's story keeps changing.

Old 10-17-2011, 05:04 PM

1,422 posts, read 4,632,225 times
She keeps changing her story. It's insane.

And now she says she was drunk. Maybe she was, maybe she wasn't. It could all be part of the strategy that her *new attorney* on the case officially as of *today* may have come up with. Drunk blacked out women don't hear abductors stealing babies, after all. It works somewhat in her defense.

She's a train wreck. I don't know what happened, but she's lying and obstructing the investigation. She will not allow the 2 boys who were in the house and reportedly "heard noises" be re-interviewed by the police. How badly does she want the "baby to be found"? IMO, she knows the baby is not going to come home and she knows why.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime