U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 07:55 AM

3,000 posts, read 6,493,263 times

Advertisements

The Lisa Irwin abduction is a sad and frustrating story. It is very difficult to believe that a stranger would break into a house at night to steal a 10 month old. Babies that age aren't exactly easy to sneak around. If someone intended to steal an infant, I would imagine they would target a newborn.

If it was one parent or the other, it is incredibly sad as not only is there a missing baby, but there is also a deceived parent. And if it was both parents colluding together, it is completely sick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2011, 09:29 AM

4,907 posts, read 6,128,474 times
I just don't know what to think about this. There are other cases that are the same and surely, they are not all deadbeat parents....? I was reading on Facebook, last night, how many children were missing, very young children, and they were not getting the publicity that this child was getting. Remember the child in Tampa, Eisenberg (?), same thing. Disappeared during the night.....never found. Joshua Davis
Hopes dim for missing tot - San Antonio Express-News. It boggles the mind.

Old 10-12-2011, 09:40 AM

13,827 posts, read 18,832,525 times
Okay I lived in that neighborhood when the eisenberg baby dissapeared and oh the whispers about how the parents must have had something to do with it . im sure the same thing is being said about these parents and Im wondering now if they did have anything to do with it ? I sure hope not .

Old 10-12-2011, 10:14 AM

4,907 posts, read 6,128,474 times
You know, the Eisenbergs won a lawsuit (not lawenf), I think it was, and an apology from the law enforcement for the way they were treated. it does sound far fetched that these kids just go missing....but, I guess it happens. It must be a nightmare for the parents, not being believed.....

Old 10-12-2011, 04:36 PM

4,576 posts, read 7,072,814 times
Couple of things...mother and father are not married, she is still married to another man who is in Iraq I believe it was reported. The other 2 kids are his I think. Is it possible her husband got jealous of her having a baby with another man?

Also, she was seen that day around 5 pm with a "mystery" man buying wine, plates and cups in a store (captured on video) but she has not said who the man is. It's not the father of the baby. So did she have yet another lover? Why would a child-napper take the time to take the cell phones in the house except to get rid of phone call, text, evidence, which means to me there was contact with this person at some level. How would he know where the cell phones would be? Why would any kidnapper hang around the house long enough to look for the cell phones...makes no sense.

And LE told her she failed the polygraph (which I believe).

Old 10-13-2011, 05:29 AM

This story just get stranger by the minute . Everytime I hear about missing kids I think of shades of Caylee Anthony and what madness that brought about . I hope this is not one of those cases . But it is not looking good cause they cannot find this little girl , not a good sign . What is it that law enforcement says if you dont find them within the first 48 then most likely they are dead , I hope that does not ring true here . I hope she gets found soon .

Old 10-13-2011, 05:47 AM

3,000 posts, read 6,493,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
So did she have yet another lover? Why would a child-napper take the time to take the cell phones in the house except to get rid of phone call, text, evidence, which means to me there was contact with this person at some level. How would he know where the cell phones would be? Why would any kidnapper hang around the house long enough to look for the cell phones...makes no sense.

And LE told her she failed the polygraph (which I believe).
Interesting point about the cell phones. If the mother had been having conversations with someone who was involved, they might think that getting rid of the phones would get rid of evidence of their conversations. But isn't that what cell phone records are for....?

Old 10-13-2011, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinetreelover View Post
Interesting point about the cell phones. If the mother had been having conversations with someone who was involved, they might think that getting rid of the phones would get rid of evidence of their conversations. But isn't that what cell phone records are for....?
Most criminals get caught cause they are not the brightest bulb in the socket if you know what I mean and they make stupid mistakes thank god and they get caught .I am hoping this baby girl is safe and sound wherever she is . I hope we dont find out bad news with this .

Old 10-13-2011, 04:42 PM

4,576 posts, read 7,072,814 times
The whole house was staged if you ask me. Window broken, lights all on, front door left unlocked, cell phones taken....I'm sure the cops have requested their cell phone records and are pouring over them.

In the video, the guy she is with looks quite young to me, maybe late teens/early 20's. He looks like a young kid. They clearly enter the store together.

Old 10-15-2011, 04:27 AM

12,478 posts, read 14,973,355 times
Missing Baby Lisa Irwin -- Inconsistencies Piling Up - Yahoo! News

lies,lies and more lies.............meanwhile a baby girl is missing.
I will never not be shocked that someone would harm a child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime